Thread: Estes by foot

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Estes by foot

Every now and then, I gotta do the "tourist" thing. So, I took my youngest daughter with me on a quick cage trip up to Estes today. It was the first time up the mountains for the Impala, so I kinda pushed the envelope to see what it could do...I'm not dissatisfied one bit.

Anyway, so there's always something to look at in Estes. And, with the major tourist season done, today's stroll was quite pleasant. Ever been through that tunnel between the Visitor's Center and the riverwalk? The tunnel is finally lit and there's some interesting art work on both entrances...

The river is low, but that's expected with winter around the corner. Still, you can find beauty at each turn...

One of my favorite restaurants, only because of the looks from the outside. I've never eaten here and it's either closed for the season, or closed for good...

For some reason, this turn and view along the walk always makes me stop and stare. I like it in summer with the trees full of greenery, but today, it's still got that something...
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Re: Estes by foot

I've never been on a horse-drawn carriage ride, but I do think about it, especially in winter right around the holidays. Now, all this shot needs is snow everywhere and huge snowflakes drifting slowly downward...oh, and the horse's muzzle all covered in frost...

Welp, it's just about time to go. I think Paulina is thinking of getting some raspberries...hmmm...

Gotta take one last shot...right about here...

So, yeah...I didn't ride today, but that's ok...Paulina said she had fun today and that it was a great day for her. That's all I needed.

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Looks pretty cool. Still dont know where all that is, and I've lived here my whole life.

Wow! I'm shocked. Your whole life? Promise yourself this one thing, then. From now on, where ever you go, where ever the Navy takes you, you're gonna take some time and explore. I've been doing that my whole life, no matter where I am. And, I've never gotten lost, cuz when you don't have a destination in mind, it's the thrill in the journey that's important.

I hear ya. Thats what I hope to do when I'm out there in the world. But I will tell you one thing. I will prob be back sooner or later. Most of my family is here. So I know I will be back. And even if I come back to visit. I will borrow my moms bike and go riding with you guys.

Cool beans! Ha...you said "borrow your Mom's bike"...tee hee. Make it back next summer, k. We'll have a lil celebration ride, or sumpin. Maybe I'll drag ya on a long-ass all day ride, too;-)

Ya, ya... we'll have to see how next summer works out. I know the next couple of years i'm going to be school 18 hours a day, 6 days a week.

But hopefully I will be able to do a full day. Tho how cool would it be if I could get my bike out here. And my mum could go riding with us?

Way cool. But, what do you mean, "get your bike out here?" Ya got another one somewhere's?

I plan to have another one... SOON

You see how bad I jonze when I dont ride for a week.

Hey! I was up there hiking with the pups! So beautiful there right now. Great pics, Cathy!
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Awesome pics! I only rode up there once but it was incredible!

Thanks guys! I really had fun. Went up there again today. I have a feeling those fat snowflakes are gonna be falling overnight into tomorrow...brrrr. Had to do the loop, though...hwy34, to hwy7, back up hwy36 and down hwy34 again...this time, by bike.