Thread: 2008 CSC Exclusive dates

Thumbs up 2008 CSC Exclusive dates

Hello to everyone.............

Here we go for 2008. The exclusive dates for the Colorado Sportsbike Club at PMP are:

1. One day event- Sunday, July 27th

2. Three day event- Saturday August 30, Sunday August 31 and Monday September 1

So, plan your vacation, cough cough sick days and time off around these days and let's have some fun. Camping always allowed, the showers open and anything else this blonde brain can do to make it a GREAT event for the club and us.

Tell your friends that this could turn into a "not to be missed" event on everyone's calendar. If we start planning it now, just think what excellent evening events we could plan and all the booths we could have, not to mention a ton of spectators to promote CSC.

Let me know what you think... I would love to help plan it.

Ene

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

Re: 2008 CSC Exclusive dates

I can't friggen wait.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

A CSC TRACKDAY FEST YEAAA

same rates apply? $50 half $75 full....

Ene, you just takin' great care of the CSC like always or who sould we be buyin' a beer for since they planned ahead for us and made the call.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by D Berns R6 View Post
    same rates apply? $50 half $75 full....
    Unknown at this time. It's going to be up to whomever coordinates the event to set the rates. Last year I coordinated the event, set the rate a bit higher than normal, limited participation, had an ambulance on site, got some GREAT door prizes donated and donated a fair chunk of money to the Gene safety fund. It was not run like an open practice session and I would anticipate that next year's events won't be either. With racers, street riders and track newbies amongst us a more structured event increases the enjoyment for everyone.

Seeing as neither of these dates compete with an MRA round I'm probably up for coordinating at least one, if not both, of them. I'm all about trying to make this into something MORE than just some track time. We are a club that is recognized (now nationally thanks to some work by some of our members with the National Transportation Safety Board) and if we are doing something I believe that we should be doing something for others as well. If you attended the day I coordinated last year I'm going to guess that you had a good time. We had over 2K in door prizes that we handed out at lunch time, 65 riders, 7 hours of riding and only one real accident. It was a totally successful day and an experience that I hope to replicate.

As we get closer to the actual dates of the events I'll be posting a plan.

IF SOMEONE ELSE WANTS TO TAKE ON COORDINATING THESE DATES- please get in touch with me. I'm happy to share everything I learned last year. I don't want to invest a ton of energy in this if someone else thinks they want to give it a go. I will warn you that an event like the one I ran last year is a ton of work to pull off. I'll also say that it was totally worth it to see a ton of my friends have a great time at the racetrack.

Quote Originally Posted by denverbusa View Post
    Ene, you just takin' great care of the CSC like always or who sould we be buyin' a beer for since they planned ahead for us and made the call.
    Mark, after the success of last year's CSC day I immediately talked with Earlene about doing it again in 08. She came through with the same day we had last year PLUS!!! the Labor Day weekend (which kicks ass!)

So...Keep your eyes peeled after the first of the year for a July 29th trackday plan.

in the meantime....put some antifreeze in your trackbike's cooling system and wax your skis. Seasons change and so do activities!

Scott
    Last edited by rybo; Sun Nov 25th, 2007 at 09:44 PM.

I can only imagine how much work there was in the planning and preparation of last years event which was an incredibly successful day.

I totally agree with higher rates and the proceeds going to a good cause. I also think it would be a great opportunity to bring public attention to the fact that not ALL sport bike riders use the public roads as a race course. I would not want to compete with RSL for charitable contributions as it is difficult to go to the well for donations too often from the corporate world. Maybe a certain radio station and its DJ would be willing to prove what they say and give us a little air time to promote donations from sources not normally accessible to us. They might even get their boycott lifted?????? Maybe Ashli could call upon her new friend to help us???????

KBPI and Willie B might also be interested as he is an adrenaline junkie like most of us as well. At any rate this type of assistance can't be pulled off at the last minute and early planning is a must.

Picking a specific cause is very difficult but rather than just a generic cause such as Children's Hospital lets narrow it down to the burn ward at Children's Hospital. I know there are dozens / hundreds of worthy causes, so choosing one might be difficult but what are the thoughts out there. Based upon our chosen sport maybe it would be wiser to promote Craig Hospital, a local spine and brain trauma center?

Do we want to set ourselves up to always support one cause or should we be more flexible and find a needy cause each year to support?

It is too early and I sense myself starting to ramble. Let's come up with a cause to rally around and support.

Any other ideas?
    Last edited by denverbusa; Mon Nov 26th, 2007 at 05:06 AM. Reason: grammar

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by denverbusa View Post
    I can only imagine how much work there was in the planning and preparation of last years event which was an incredibly successful day.

Maybe a certain radio station and its DJ would be willing to prove what they say and give us a little air time to promote donations from sources not normally accessible to us.

KBPI and Willie B might also be interested as he is an adrenaline junkie like most of us as well. At any rate this type of assistance can't be pulled off at the last minute and early planning is a must.

Picking a specific cause is very difficult but rather than just a generic cause such as Children's Hospital lets narrow it down to the burn ward at Children's Hospital. I know there are dozens / hundreds of worthy causes, so choosing one might be difficult but what are the thoughts out there. Based upon our chosen sport maybe it would be wiser to promote Craig Hospital, a local spine and brain trauma center?

Do we want to set ourselves up to always support one cause or should we be more flexible and find a needy cause each year to support?

It is too early and I sense myself starting to ramble. Let's come up with a cause to rally around and support.

Any other ideas?
    Mark,

You and I are thinking along the same lines, and I have a lot of ideas about what the day(s) might look like. The ALICE thing is certainly in my mind and I would love to see us utilize the trackday as a way of gathering some positive media attention for our sportbike community.

As far as selecting a charity goes, I'm going to get into that as I get closer to planning the actual events, but I would love to see us support something that supports us (maybe the brain trauma center that is helping Steve Fish?) Giving back is always a good thing.

I'll be clear, I'm a big volunteer and supporter of R2SL and don't at all intend for this to compete with that very good and worthy event, this event is a collection of sportbikers getting together to have some fun and do something good for the world. R2SL is a full registered charity that has a specific mission. They have the ability to gather national media attention, we have the flexibility to change our mission with each and every event.

Again, keep your eyes peeled after the first of the year. I'll have a better idea of what I'm planning after we get through the holidays.

thanks for your support and input.

Scott

We had over 2K in door prizes that we handed out at lunch time, 65 riders, 7 hours of riding and only one real accident
    DAMN IT!!!! Oh well.....guess it was my turn. Scott if you need help let me know, you know I am always down to help out in any way I can.