Thread: Looking for more than just a back protector...

Looking for more than just a back protector...

I want to protect more of my body when racing ... what do you all use (who do this)? Do you have armor installed in your leathers and wear chest/back plates, do you use a "suit" under the leathers, etc?

I thought Bohn made a full upper body suit but I am unable to find it, so I'm thinking they might not make it anymore. However I see a lot of track injuries that seem like they could be prevented using more complete armor, and figure it's worth the extra $.

I just use the armor in my suit (Syed - hard armor in shoulders, elbows, knees, and foam at the hips) and a Dainese plate back protector.

I know some folks use those Dainese armor suits (uppers) instead of having armor in their suits... they seem to like 'em as they don't rotate off your arm like leather can when you crash... also they usually have some chest protection.

I considered getting a chest protector a couple years ago - they make 'em, but I don't recall who/where... I remember an old Sport Rider mag had featured them.

I'm considering getting some snowboarder undershorts... with armor on the hips/tailbone. Last year my highside left me with a tailbone so sore that I was worried it was broken (wasn't...) and I couldn't sit down for weeks... I bet some armor down there would've helped.

On a side note - anyone wear a mouthgaurd racing? I saw someone on TV (might've been Rossi) who wears one... hmmm.

geoff

Ralph, talk to Applesauce - he wears a badass set of armour under his suits.
    "Life is not a journey unto the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather
    to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

-
    SV650S/SV650 Superbike/R6/1150GS/Tuono R

try www.actionstation.com or www.bohnarmor.com

or http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6750

you can find different models and sizes by doing a search for armor in ebay motors
    If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

I checked the bohnarmor.com site (I think that's what Applesauce uses), didn't see anything like a "suit" on there. I'll talk to him, maybe he just assembles various pieces.

Mike uses armor from 661 (six-six-one) I believe it's motocross armor. Dan Audette also got one, I believe he got his from Tfog.
    Alex
    MRA #68
    http://www.3dstickfight.com/racing/
    Racing Performance Services, Racer Supply Co., Morse Racing Products
    ”Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature nor do the children of humankind as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
    -- Helen Keller

Re: Looking for more than just a back protector...

Did someone say "armor"? THIS is armor...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7922520450

This is a Chemical Burn Project Sh*tbox's Avatar

Check into downhill mountainbike gear... like whats in that auction.

-ASC
    Aaron "CRACKA" Cummins
    "Vintage" '98 Gixxer 6 <--GONE
    '01 Buell M2 Cyclone. 1203cc's of American Muscle. <--GONE
    paperstreetsoapcompany816@yahoo.com

EVS and SixSixOne both make jackets with armour in chest, shoulders, elbows and back. The SixSixOne looks like it has a better back protector.

Brian
    TK Motorposrts