Thread: Ride, Sunday, Nov 26, 2007

Ride, Sunday, Nov 26, 2007

Since the mountains are still a bit crusty (just not warm enough for the shady spots) I thought I'd put up a nice ride through the Black Forest area from Parker and then over to Monument followed by some zig-zagging from over and around through Castle Rock (not much detail to keep off prying eyes). Route to be discussed in detail at Micky D's. But, I'll be throwing in a couple of new roads that some of you haven't been on.

What much of the terrain will look like. WOW, some twisties that aren't in the foothills.

This will be about a three hour ride with just short stops for gas (eat something before we take off) and then you'll be back in Parker around 3 pm.

Weather: Mid 50's, Dry

Roads: Clean and paved entire route

Depart: 11:20 AM (no waits for lates)--So arrive early to hear route, grab coffee, etc.

Location: McDonald's on the southeast corner of Parker Rd. and Main Street in Parker, Colorado. This is just about a mile or so south of Lincoln Ave and Parker Rd.

Route: As generally described above

Pace: As you make it

Last edited by pilot; Sat Nov 24th, 2007 at 08:37 PM.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Re: Ride, Sunday, Nov 26, 2007

I'll be skipping church to go on this what might be "last ride" of the season.

Count me in.

If I can find the meeting spot (...Parker?) , I will show up for this one.
    Did you mean....Sunday the 25th?

See ya there....

D.
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

Quote Originally Posted by fullgrownbear View Post
    I'll be skipping church to go on this what might be "last ride" of the season.

Count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehicle 1 View Post
    If I can find the meeting spot (...Parker?) , I will show up for this one.
    Did you mean....Sunday the 25th?

See ya there....

D.
    I think I've screwed up every date for a ride I've ever posted! Your right, Sunday the 25th is the correct date. see you there. I think a few other of our known associates are in too.

Moderators: Please edit date if available. Thanks, Pilot
    Last edited by pilot; Sat Nov 24th, 2007 at 08:32 PM.

Rider Workshop-USA

*Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

cool
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

IF I can thaw out the Busa I may be in.

Even if just to check out D's new ride!

Quote Originally Posted by denverbusa View Post
    IF I can thaw out the Busa I may be in.

Even if just to check out D's new ride!
    Great day to get out there, for sure!

Rider Workshop-USA

Sorry about that... I hope you guys weren't worried about me, I tried to communicate that I was fine to the guy sweeping.

I was looking at the wrong tripometer and wasn't expecting to have to throw it in reserve. If Elbert had gas pumps from the 20th century, I could have thrown my credit card in there and caught back up pretty quick. Oh well. I headed back through Kiowa and found some cool dirt roads to get back home. I will hang onto your route, though, and might hit up the Western half of that sometime. Thanks!

Good ride, good food, and good company.
    Thanks guys.
    2002 cbr 954RR
    2006 Heritage Softail Classic
    2001 yzf 250
    1996 Smokin Joes cbr 600 (sold) damm I loved that bike
    Suzuki GSXR 600 (track)
    2003 R6 (track) (sold)

I knew you wanted to stop for gas and we waited for a while anyway just in case you came that way. Just point at your tank next time and we would be glad to wait a couple minutes, no problem.

We hit icy roads heading back west over to Monument when ever we got into the trees but other thatn that it was a good day.

Perry Park road (hwy 105) was relatively clear especially the further North we got but the South end was covered in the corners. It never got really cold but brisk might be a good word for it.

Hope to see ya out there next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Sorry about that... I hope you guys weren't worried about me, I tried to communicate that I was fine to the guy sweeping.
    np man… I understood what was going on and told the guys about it. We actually waited for ya 5 miles down the road, just in case you were going to keep the same route.

For the record, what the fck is up with all those cops in Parker, I got a speeding ticket for going 36 on a 25! ($178 and 4 points). I understand that I was speeding but… talking about a power trip. At the beginning, I thought he pulled me over for some other reason.

Apparently it was a “Safety Sensitive” zone, I think the cop said. The funny thing is that I had just stopped for some pedestrians at a crosswalk, being sensitive about safety of course, and a block later the cop jumped on the middle of the road to pull me over, sensibly…

To make things better, after Frenchy came looking for me, a cop cut between us to pull him over! Just 10 minutes after I was pulled over on my own. He didn’t get a ticket though, the cop was just checking the license plate and teaching his new partner the “skills involved in pulling people over”…Ok, I am done whining now.

It was a nice mellow ride, it was good to see you all and meet some new people.

See ya next time,

D.
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

Always a good ride when nobody goes down. I think it was a great ride with a wide variety.

See you guys next time,

James

Coming over the crest of a hill at road speed just to find the other side crusted over with snow and ice brought back fond memories of last winter's rides. Good stuff today. Joe, sorry we lost you at Elbert.

Rider Workshop-USA

For as much as I am taking pictures, I sure dropped the ball on this ride.

The only photo of the day. Mark and I after we all had lunch in Monument.

Rider Workshop-USA