Thread: First maintenance

First maintenance

I need to have my first maintenance done on my SV. I called Grand Prix where I got my bike and they want $237 plu parts!? Which is not to much more than I was expecting but I called Xtreme in Castle Rock and they said 69.99 plus parts WTF!? Where should I have this done? I called RPM but I have been on hold for 20 minutes with no one answering...

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Re: First maintenance

DO NOT GO TO GRAND PRIX! I can't even explain how they fucked up my new ZX-10r when I bought it.

Take it to TFOG. Jim is great and will get that SV right!
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

AKA "Devaclis"

TFOG
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Anyone got a number to TFOG?

RPM was reasonable at about 120 with parts...

TFOG!!!! they are a site sponsor so their number is listed under sponsors.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

303.216.2400 ask for Jim
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

They are on Vaca until the 2nd...oh well no real hurry. Its to cold out for me anyway, I have no winter gear

Make sure every quote you get from every dealer/shop is about the same exact work, not just an oil change from one place and valves and stuff from another, before you raise hell about prices =)

Thats why I am complaining, i did ask what it all included and they all said the same thing including Grand Prix...oil change, tighten cables, check torque on bolts etc. If the owner of Grand Prix is still on here I would just be interested to see why they charge so much compared to other shops? Not to argue, just to see why such a descrep. As a business owner, if I was grossly over priced compared to another for the same thing I would want to know about it and have a reason why...

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

If you want/need it done sooner you may check with Epic Motorsports in Longmont or Faster Motorsports in dowtown Denver.

http://www.epicmotosports.com
    http://www.fastermotosports.com/

Quote Originally Posted by merlotSV View Post
    Thats why I am complaining, i did ask what it all included and they all said the same thing including Grand Prix...oil change, tighten cables, check torque on bolts etc. If the owner of Grand Prix is still on here I would just be interested to see why they charge so much compared to other shops? Not to argue, just to see why such a descrep. As a business owner, if I was grossly over priced compared to another for the same thing I would want to know about it and have a reason why...
    Well done.

Yeah, makes no sense why it's so different from shop to shop for the same service =/

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

I just changed my oil. I did it with oil and filter I got from tfog. He will give you a better price if you say you are a member here. I did the change myself and it couldn't have been easier. One bolt an oil pan and change the filter add more oil. I don't know how they sleep at night doing that shit either.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

It's not too hard to do the maintenance yourself. Check in the back of your owner's manual. There should be a schedule for what work needs to be done and when. I guarentee no motorcycle shop is going to "lube cables" or "check tightening torque" of anything. Most change the oil and filter. Fill your tires with air. And possibly check your brake and coolant levels. You can do that yourself in about 20 minutes for $30.