Thread: Ride this afternoon?

Read Only

Ride this afternoon?

I am thinking of taking the bike up to Lyons and then bolt up and down Hwy 7 once or twice to get some adrenaline going. I will probably be leaving Erie around 3pm.

Anyone want to join?

Should be around 60 degrees with some possible wind.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Re: Ride this afternoon?

Please report back the condition of the road, ie. gravel, etc. I'm thinking about doing this soon, as well...;-)
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Read Only

Will do

Read Only

Great ride today, even though I couldn't get anyone to go with. The roads are fine for the most part. I went into Boulder, and then uo 36 to Lyons. Road was perfecto. In town in Lyons, there's a fair amount of sand here and there, but if you keep to a line, you'll be fine. Up Hwy 7 the roads were much better than I anticipated... almost no gravel / sand to be seen, however the was a fair amount of Mag Chloride, or whatever that shit they put on the roads is called. It's not too bad the closer to Lyons you are, but as you get closer to P2P Hwy, there's more of it. Most of it is in the center of the lane though, so if you stay in your line you can avoid most of it, although I wouldn't recommend trying to drag knees though. Also there are about 4 or 5 corners on Hwy 7 where water is running accross the road. This is not a big deal today, but certainly this could turn to ice rather quickly in colder temps.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Shweet! Thanks!

Woulda joined ya, but I really have a hard time asking the boss to just take off at the spur of the moment. It's easier to "plan" an early departure from work, which also aids in me having a better time on the roads without all the guilt.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways