Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: track day new mexico Feb. 16th 17th

Re: track day new mexico Feb. 16th 17th

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    I will have a spot on my trailer open and it will be attached to my shitty Trailblazer. Pay your half of gas and the spots yours
    Well I was thinking about going until I saw that DK was. Just kidding DK. Keep me posted cause I am already getting the winter blues.
    Sheila Paul
    Instructor - Texas Tornado Boot Camp
    Race Official - MotoAmerica

Quote Originally Posted by motobum View Post
    if im going to drive a long distance to a new track... i would want to be there for atleast 2 days
    I feel you on that,thats why all out of state or more than a 5hr drives have to be a two event forsure.

ya its for the weekend so sat. and sun, $155 for both dayz if you pay 5 dayz in advance. colorado should mob down there.

Yo didnt you title this thread feb 16th and 17th

Ohh and Yo we gotta holla at Clarkie and ask him bout the cush drive shit i was telling you about on his bike at fay and what kind of plastics he uses on his race bikes. They look like a good set for the gixxer. You gotta see the pipes on the fucker too. duals little shortys they look pimp.

Hello there,

Since I am in Spain, and I don't have a bike here, the only thing I can do, besides drinking whiskey with my brother while craving to ride, is to think about what technical improvements I could achieve.

In order to do this, I am trying to get a feel for the speeds involved with Arroyo (Arroyo =s Creek... in spanish, just in case you didn't care), and judge how much my problem will affect me while riding at this track. My concern aroused because my 636 develops what feels like front end high frequency vibrations when I brake relatively hard from anywhere upwards of 90 mph (I first noticed this going into turn one and nine at Pueblo). The vibrations donīt upset the bike enough to feel dangerous (at my current riding level); but when I tryed to nail down trail-braking I seriously thought that it was becoming a problem, and therefore restricting my learning of what the 636 has the potential to do at a track, or better said... what I have the potential to do on it.

I am familiar with bikes that don't like to docilely comply, like my beautifully stubborn Bandit, but even the hard-core Bandit's braking power deficiencies don't worry me as much as the 636's vibrations do (the 636 still has great braking power, but it is sketchy as hell when trying to master it).

The weird thing is that at relatively low speeds (i.e: 70-85ish mph) I can squeeze the front brake way harder than I can at high speeds (at 90+ mph), and the vibration won't develop. I even got to the point of pulling somewhat of an "astonishing" stopie (sp?), at a lower speed, again, without the front vibration (you can call it an "astonishing" stopie even if the tire only lifts half a inch from the ground, right?). This confuses me. Due to the previously mentioned symptoms I tend to think that it is a front suspension problem, but it just doesn't feel like it while I'm riding the thing; specially since the front has been feeling well planted while cornering at (my) maximum leaning angles, and also while pushing the front end when entering corners at high speeds (brakelessly... if this word even exists). I am not worried about this problem affecting my safety, since I just have been taking it easy with the braking, which keeps things under control. It sure gets annoying though.

Any ideas of what the problem could be? Do you think that the symptoms are related to the front shocks having some issue? or do you think that it could be related to the braking system... I have triple checked the installation of the EBC HH's, without finding any problems. What are the maximum corner entry speeds that you guys have achieved at Arroyo? I will get this problem checked out by a professional, but in the meantime I would like to try and narrow it down before spending a bunch of money to have it diagnossed (I'm so getting sloppy with my spelling...).

Thanx in advance for any input.

D.

PS:...sorry for the speech...ha!
    PSS: My brother is going to let me ride a VTR 1100 (he works at a motorcycle store and has a cool boss)...I'll let you know how these spanish "filled-with-crazy-drivers" roads treat me.
    Last edited by Vehicle 1; Sat Dec 15th, 2007 at 06:56 AM. Reason: my typical idiomatic issues
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

Quote Originally Posted by N1KSS1KS1x View Post
    Ohh and Yo we gotta holla at Clarkie and ask him bout the cush drive shit i was telling you about on his bike at fay and what kind of plastics he uses on his race bikes. They look like a good set for the gixxer. You gotta see the pipes on the fucker too. duals little shortys they look pimp.
    you mean how the cush drive feels lose/worn out? Bodywork is Amourbodies, and yea that Leo Vince exhaust is sick
    It is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Vehicle 1 View Post
    Hello there,

Since I am in Spain, and I don't have a bike here, the only thing I can do, besides drinking whiskey with my brother while craving to ride, is to think about what technical improvements I could achieve.

In order to do this, I am trying to get a feel for the speeds involved with Arroyo (Arroyo =s Creek... in spanish, just in case you didn't care), and judge how much my problem will affect me while riding at this track. My concern aroused because my 636 develops what feels like front end high frequency vibrations when I brake relatively hard from anywhere upwards of 90 mph (I first noticed this going into turn one and nine at Pueblo). The vibrations donīt upset the bike enough to feel dangerous (at my current riding level); but when I tryed to nail down trail-braking I seriously thought that it was becoming a problem, and therefore restricting my learning of what the 636 has the potential to do at a track, or better said... what I have the potential to do on it.

I am familiar with bikes that don't like to docilely comply, like my beautifully stubborn Bandit, but even the hard-core Bandit's braking power deficiencies don't worry me as much as the 636's vibrations do (the 636 still has great braking power, but it is sketchy as hell when trying to master it).

The weird thing is that at relatively low speeds (i.e: 70-85ish mph) I can squeeze the front brake way harder than I can at high speeds (at 90+ mph), and the vibration won't develop. I even got to the point of pulling somewhat of an "astonishing" stopie (sp?), at a lower speed, again, without the front vibration (you can call it an "astonishing" stopie even if the tire only lifts half a inch from the ground, right?). This confuses me. Due to the previously mentioned symptoms I tend to think that it is a front suspension problem, but it just doesn't feel like it while I'm riding the thing; specially since the front has been feeling well planted while cornering at (my) maximum leaning angles, and also while pushing the front end when entering corners at high speeds (brakelessly... if this word even exists). I am not worried about this problem affecting my safety, since I just have been taking it easy with the braking, which keeps things under control. It sure gets annoying though.

Any ideas of what the problem could be? Do you think that the symptoms are related to the front shocks having some issue? or do you think that it could be related to the braking system... I have triple checked the installation of the EBC HH's, without finding any problems. What are the maximum corner entry speeds that you guys have achieved at Arroyo? I will get this problem checked out by a professional, but in the meantime I would like to try and narrow it down before spending a bunch of money to have it diagnossed (I'm so getting sloppy with my spelling...).

Thanx in advance for any input.

D.

PS:...sorry for the speech...ha!
    PSS: My brother is going to let me ride a VTR 1100 (he works at a motorcycle store and has a cool boss)...I'll let you know how these spanish "filled-with-crazy-drivers" roads treat me.
    do you have a zip tie on your forks? sounds like you are running out of travel

Need suspension work? www.fixmybike.com

Bring the Bandit back out, Diego. Kawis are always pieces of crap. Right David?

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    you mean how the cush drive feels lose/worn out? Bodywork is Amourbodies, and yea that Leo Vince exhaust is sick
    Yeah there seemed to be alot of play???

ya, pretty std for a Marchesini wheel though
    It is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by motobum View Post
    do you have a zip tie on your forks? sounds like you are running out of travel
    hmm... no I did't do the zip tie thing with the 636, but I will as soon as I get back and have a chance to ride. I guess revalving and changing the springs would be my only option, if that is the problem...$$$...
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

Quote Originally Posted by Repsol a095 View Post
    Bring the Bandit back out, Diego. Kawis are always pieces of crap. Right David?
    Not sure if a could go back to the Bandit man... now that I know how much better a lighter bike behaves at a track.
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    ya, pretty std for a Marchesini wheel though
    Yo really isnt that bad and cause a lash on off throttle or anything? I would have figured that for the cash you drop on Marchesini that they would be alot better. Wow thats some new knowlege for me forsure.
    What others have you ran? Is it really a noticeble change in how the bike turns ,acc,stops?? I've been told it is just never been on anything but stockers. I was think oz or marchesini. There is a couple others but i forget there names.

Oh yeah bitchs Thread has now been Jacked. I figured fuck it since it going that route anyways.
    I'll get back on track in a min.
    Last edited by N1KSS1KS1x; Mon Dec 17th, 2007 at 09:31 PM. Reason: cause when it late and your fucked up some shit comes out not making sence

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

^^You got a link to Arroy's webiste? I need to start planning and calling for a hotel room, unless we get one as a "goup?"
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

You must be fast, 'cuz I was haulin' ass when I passed you.

Wade
    '01 TL1000S

Another version for TL is "sounds like Thunder - fast like Lightning"
    Imagine it was said by a Hardley rider!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nissn1 View Post
    theres no soul in R1's only r-soles

The group rate is a good idea but I dont how thats gonna work out with not know how many are Really gonna go. You know. Newyork1 and I are Forsure going

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

OK....there is a STRONG possibility that I'm in on this one. I'm itchin' to ride and would love to get some winter track time in!

Now...to get one of the track bikes running...

s

Quote Originally Posted by Vehicle 1 View Post
    hmm... no I did't do the zip tie thing with the 636, but I will as soon as I get back and have a chance to ride. I guess revalving and changing the springs would be my only option, if that is the problem...$$$...
    D, Have you thought about the rotor being warped??? When the front is up in the air do you get ANY rubbing on the rotor to pads as you spin the tire? and if so is it consistent as you rotate the tire or will it tend to stop or slow in the same spot? or does it rub slightly only part way as you spin the tire. Might be something worth looking into.

Now if I can just get the track bike instead of the Busa I just might have to come down there with you to give 'er a go.
    Last edited by denverbusa; Wed Dec 19th, 2007 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by denverbusa View Post
    D, Have you thought about the rotor being warped??? When the front is up in the air do you get ANY rubbing on the rotor to pads as you spin the tire? and if so is it consistent as you rotate the tire or will it tend to stop or slow in the same spot? or does it rub slightly only part way as you spin the tire. Might be something worth looking into.

Now if I can just get the track bike instead of the Busa I just might have to come down there with you to give 'er a go.
    I will look at it more closly when I get back for sure, I donīt remember feeling the disc rubbing.

Any ideas on what bike you gonna get? or just thinking about it........ let me know when you decide, and we can arrange to travel together or something.

D.
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

Member Yearly Supporter SixnChange's Avatar

Arrow Re: track day new mexico Feb. 16th 17th

well i got a hotel for the weekend and i'll be there! cant wait, looks like a good track with some tight turns
    ---------
    '05 R1 in Yamaha Blue
    word

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

^^What hotel? The Holiday Inn I hope?
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Sounds interesting but I just mapped it out and dang that is a long trip!
    Elden (The Superchink) MRA #415 / AFM #102

Do you want to take your riding to the next level?
    http://chicanetrackdays.com/

Unique Track Day event to benefit children!!!
    http://www.racing2savelives.org/

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by eklew View Post
    Sounds interesting but I just mapped it out and dang that is a long trip!
    Don't be a wimp....we can take the titan if you're afraid to put miles on the "wonton"

s