Thread: PSG Kawasaki SBK testing

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

PSG Kawasaki SBK testing

KAWASAKI PSG-1 CORSE TEAM
    World Superbike Championship SBK 2008
    Test Jerez – 17-19 December 2007
    KME Test

A very satisfying three days of KME test on Jerez circuit for Kawasaki PSG-1 Corse Team who focused first of all on studying the frame geometry’s end telemetry’s solutions of the ZX-10R 2008.
    After yesterday’s difficulties due to wheater conditions which didn’t permit to the team to work as it wanted, today has the team reached important improvements in terms of set up, traction control and telemetry in general.
    Both the riders Regis Laconi and Makoto Tamada are very satisfied of the bike’s performances, in particular Makoto explains to be very surprised for the engine’s power.
    REGIS LACONI: “ I’m very happy for the results we reached during these three days of test. The team is working well and we are really enthusiastic. The bike is really powerful and for this reason I didn’t push to the maximum, I prefer to start the feeling step by step. Anyway we are on the good way”.
    MAKOTO TAMADA: “ I’m very satisfied. I have already reached a good feeling with the bike, anyway I preferred to be careful on track ‘cause I rode it these three days for the first time.
    We worked very well on lots of things as suspensions, telemetry, frame geometry and we reached some goals we wanted to catch up.
    I have been very surprised discovering the engine’s power of the ZX-10R, it is not an easy bike but telemetry helps us to make it easier to be managed.
    I’m happy for this changement from GP to Superbike. I like the team’s members, they work well and they want to put me in the best conditions to work in the right way”.
    Kawasaki PSG-1 Corse team
    Press Office
    Last edited by konichd; Fri Feb 29th, 2008 at 09:52 AM.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar

Re: PSG Kawasaki SBK testing

Sweet. Thanks David.

Hopefully we'll see Tamada kick some butt on the new 10R. I must admit, I am liking the race skin 08 10R much better than it's street version. It's probably those funky eyes/nostril area plus those ugly turn signals hanging from the mirror posts that bothers me so much...
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Re: PSG Kawasaki SBK testing

I think Kawasaki is going to have a good year at all levels (MotoGP with Hopkins, WSB with Tamada, and Hayden, Hacking in AMA). They definately made a lot of headway with the 08 and I think they'll be a lot more competitive this year.

GO GREEN!
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz