Thread: Need help-POWER COMMANDER

Need help-POWER COMMANDER

Santa brought me a PC for christmas but we have a MAC and there is no way to load it with out borrowing a laptop from someone. Anyone have a way to get out MAC to work?
    also...
    I have also been having trouble finding maps for high altitude, i have an aftermarket exhaust and a K&N filter. Need a map for a 2007 GSXR 1000.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: Need help-POWER COMMANDER

Best advice I can possibly give you on this is to take the bike and PC to either Aaron Clark at Epic Motorsports in Longmont or down to Faster in Denver and have them make a custom map for you. Every bike is just a little different and even the same brand, model, accessories etc. will work better with a map custom made for that bike. It's going to cost a few bucks, but it's worth it!

If you need to use the mac to run the Power Commander the only way I know of to do that is to have one of the newer Intel models and be able to boot windows.

Scott

There aren't altitude specific maps, the generic map for your exhaust and a filter is about the best you can do without getting a custom.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Boot Camp into Windows, or use Parallels to run it. You can also get a free 30 day trial of VMWare and run Windows under that.

But yeah, get a custom map made for your bike. Anything you download is going to be sub-optimal, and you might even lose power in certain parts of the RPM band.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

yes, power commander units offer a whole lotta possibilities. RYBO has the best take to start out with some sort of baseline custom map developed at one of our local dyno shops. I started with Muzzy ss/ti system, dremmeled airbox, caulked airtubes, and a BMC road filter on the Busa. The PAIR system was yanked because the combined backpressure shift and mixture ratios caused performance problems. A baseline performance map was tweaked out for my bike on the dyno. Another map was fashioned from that baseline to optimize fuel consumption in the 6 to 8 thousand RPM range for my long distance touring useage....

every bike and component combination is truely unique..... custom mapping is essential. get the baseline and you can tweak the figures on your computer but do so with caution.... moderation is a good thing!!!
    bus_henry
    "its boxy, its fast..."

iba#14410 -- 1kss, bbg, 50cc, 2kss, 3kss and b2b_insanity completed -- it has been 4 years.
    UPDATE bbg_insanity will run somewhere btwn APR-JUN 09