Thread: 20 tips from the pros

20 tips from the pros

Recently, at a BWW's experience, one of our members mentioned that they would like to see less drama and more bike tech, technique, etc.

In the spirit of that convention I found this short article from Motorcyclist.
    http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ho...adracing_tips/

Each tip is taken from a different racer. Code, Pridmore, Schwantz, Lawson, Roberts, to name a few.

It is an easy read and it is interesting to see the techniques weave their way from one rider's suggestion to the next.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Re: 20 tips from the pros

Good read! Thanks!

Last edited by hcr25; Wed May 21st, 2008 at 03:03 PM.
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

Hey Mike,

Sorry I didn't spend a bit of extra time looking to see if this was a repost(sarcasm in the color of your cartoon) doing searches for links, et al, can be time tasky if one doesn't recall something about them.

Seriously though, maybe for a person or two it was worthwhile. Better to have some overlap than no coverage at all. I reviewed the link you posted and saw no comments from you on that one. Perhaps you might take a moment to review some of the rider's suggestions and give your own point of view from your riding experience. I'm sure that it would be of value to numerous riders.
    Last edited by pilot; Fri Jan 18th, 2008 at 08:46 AM.

Rider Workshop-USA

*Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Im just being a clown. There is some awesome info there for sure. The only thing i would say is everyone could benifit from reading tips like those.

As far as the repost thing goes, it was all in poking a little fun. After all the other post is on the same page like 5 down from yours.
    mike
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

And I tend to be too serious. When I posted up I just grabbed on to the technique posts and filed up without looking through the first few pages. It didn't even cross my mind. However, I will try to make more of an effort to eyeball down the list. It would have been better had I given cred to the original poster and then added a few comments.

Rider Workshop-USA

ILLMATIC RACING

Good info. Thanks for the re-post...heh.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

glad you liked it thanks
    ILLMATIC RACING