Quote Originally Posted by ABATEStateCoord View Post
One more note.....after reading some the posts here is an answer to Pilot's question:
For fiscal year 2007 ABATE received a federal grant of approximately $38,000 for use toward the Operation Save A Life campaign. Sounds like they are getting funding to promote OSAL. What did they spend it on?

ANSWER:
ABATE was approved for a grant ($37000) in 2006, we were funded June 28th 2007. Supposedly we had a year to spend the money. Well the Feds decided to tell CDOT that the grants had to be spent by Sept 30 of 2007 or the money would be lost. CDOT called me in November to let me know the "rollover" contract I signed was not valid, they had just been notified. We lost $26000, because we didn't spend it before September. So all we got out of the grant was brochures printed, bumper stickers, some equipment to do presentations and some banners for our Operation Save A Life program.
Thank you for the response.

Grants can provide wonderful opportunities for some end-users and their qualified programs. The potential financial support for those receiving grants can help defer huge cash outlays that would otherwise have to come from other sources. Myriad rules and regulations surround us. Some are beneficial, but time consuming to monitor, while others allow for easy use--without much positive output.

Good luck with your efforts, as well as those of others, to increase motorcycle safety awareness, rider training and expand your membership with younger/sportbike riders. Membership in many organizations is falling off due to "traditional" members expressing concern in their belief that they not being viewed and/or supported, with as much enthusiasm, as might other programs within such organizations.

I'm sure I speak with unanimous support when I offer you best wishes in your efforts to work harmoniously with others, be they private individuals, or entities, who seek to promote those activities which bring harmony and unification to our sport.

Are your grant-related products, and/or equipment available for use to others to provide support for OSAL?