On Saturday, I was invited to come down to the monthly ABATE meeting where all district reps and their main board get together. We had some good discussion around ways that we think our two organizations could get more involved with each other, a brief summary of which I'll include here:
- ABATE is composed of districts around the state (the same as other states around the country). They have a district rep, and state-level oversight.
- ABATE's primary focus is on rider safety, and advocacy for our rights within local and state government.
- Their driving force aligns well with a lot of the CSC's mentality and ideals.
- We'd like to see ABATE and CSC come together; their members would like to ride with us, and I'm sure some of you would enjoy riding with them. We'd also like to get some co-mingling at events, functions, etc.
- I did suggest that they put out that their members are free to show up at our weekend rides when it gets warmer. I know some of you will ride faster than the cruiser guys, but we also have a lot of people who enjoy toning it down a bit.

At this point I'd like to get names of you CSC members, who would be interested in helping with this venture. Your main duties would be acting as a CSC "point person" for ABATE to contact regarding rights issues and special announcements of interest to our club. I'd also like to see us set up two CSC-only Advanced Rider Courses with them this summer, so you would be working to set that up as well.

If you're interested in helping, please post here. I hope I get more volunteers than we actually need at the moment.

By the way, Terry (ABATE's State Coordinator) and I have been emailing and meeting up for months now, working on the CDOT Motorcycle Safety campaign with others in the local motorcycle scene and industry. These are good people, and I really see involvement with them as a positive move.