Sepang
    Malaysia

October 28
    Estoril
    Portugal

November 2
    Ricardo Torma
    Valencia
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

AKA "Devaclis"

Re: >> 2008 Moto GP Schedule <<

It is soo sweet seeing the 2 US dates. Any chance they can get Sebring or Road Atlanta on the roster?
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    It is soo sweet seeing the 2 US dates. Any chance they can get Sebring or Road Atlanta on the roster?
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

AKA "Devaclis"

Just from the picture that track does not look like it has enough corner runoff for a MotoGP race.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    Just from the picture that track does not look like it has enough corner runoff for a MotoGP race.
    Minor details

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    You'd never get a MOTOGP bike out of second gear on that track, even the AMA guys complained about barely using fourth gear...
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO View Post
    You'd never get a MOTOGP bike out of second gear on that track, even the AMA guys complained about barely using fourth gear...
    Yeah. But if I'm going to spend a pot full of cash to attend one of these shindigs I'd rather the place be like Barber -------- not an Indy-fuckin-Midwest-cesspool.

Speaking of the world events in the US this year...anyone going to WSBK at Miller?

May31-June1

It's the closest event, so we're thinking about attending that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Yeah. But if I'm going to spend a pot full of cash to attend one of these shindigs I'd rather the place be like Barber -------- not an Indy-fuckin-Midwest-cesspool.

ummmm... you do know that Barber is in Alabama right?? One of the only places I have seen a confederate flag in the bar window and some guys getting kicked out of the same bar for fighting over NASCAR drivers. hahah

kick on kickas

Sol Performance/ Preilli Race tires ...........Buy and sell take offs!!
    solperformance@gmail.com .............. www.2ndroll.com
    233. S. Madsion Ave. Loveland, CO 80537
    970.SOL.TIRE

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scer View Post
    ummmm... you do know that Barber is in Alabama right?? One of the only places I have seen a confederate flag in the bar window and some guys getting kicked out of the same bar for fighting over NASCAR drivers. hahah
    Try befriending some of them sometime instead of denigrating them. You might find some of the kindest, most generous people you'll ever know.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

kick on kickas
    I'm not all about the confederate flag whatsoevah. The south is still in reconstruction as far as I'm concerned. But I will side with dirkterrell on this and belly up to the bar with the fans or motor-sports in the south (NASCRAP included).

Don't get me wrong. I have a handful of friends from there. It's the loud ones that tend to give my friends a bad rep.

Me: Hey bud, where did you grow up?
    My friend: Inbred and born, right here in Birmingham.
    lol

Anyway, to go back on topic. I am stoked to see that GP will be coming to the US twice too. The size of the spectators crowd from AMA to GP is definitely a big difference.

Inbred on Inbredas

Sol Performance/ Preilli Race tires ...........Buy and sell take offs!!
    solperformance@gmail.com .............. www.2ndroll.com
    233. S. Madsion Ave. Loveland, CO 80537
    970.SOL.TIRE

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by lovinCO View Post
    Speaking of the world events in the US this year...anyone going to WSBK at Miller?

May31-June1

Yup...I'll be there and then I'll be staying for my opportunity to ride on the same track!

The Racing 2 Save Lives event is there June 4th and 5th this year...don't miss it!

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by lovinCO View Post

May31-June1

I'll prolly go. But I'm gonna fly out as SLC ain't my idea of a vacation.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Don't get me wrong. I have a handful of friends from there. It's the loud ones that tend to give my friends a bad rep.
    That's true of just about any group. I think most people are pretty decent in general but have a tendency to slip into lazy, discriminatory thinking. That's apparently taboo when directed at some groups but quite ok when directed at others, even among people who see themselves as more enlightened/educated/etc. It's probably a remnant of our evolutionary history when one's survival depended on devotion to a group and fighting against others. I think we can do better now.

Yeah, many people in the South still have some issues to deal with and I often find myself giving some of them grief when they engage in that same discriminatory behavior. It's wrong no matter which direction it's going. If you agree that it's wrong to talk down to blacks, Jews, Native Americans, etc., then it's wrong to talk down to Southerners. Yeah, we're different and have our good and bad points, but I think you'd find among us some of the best friends around.

Back to MotoGP, even if it happened to be in Alabama...

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson