Thread: Now you can use PAYPAL to donate to the NEW TRACK!!

Now you can use PAYPAL to donate to the NEW TRACK!!

With the recent news of Arapahoe County approving the zoning (and the holidays being over) we are hopeful that there will be a resurgence of donations to the new track.

We have nearly reached our MINIMUM goal of $500,000 in member donations, but we would like to double that so that we can build some great amenities (showers, day garages, RV pedestals, etc) to go along with the best road course Colorado has ever seen.

So, to make it a bit easier for you to donate I have set up a Paypal account for the MRA donations. I opened a new checking account at my bank just for this purpose, and created a new Paypal account. We considered connecting the PAYPAL account directly to CAMA's bank account, but the security risks aren't worth it, plus doing it this way makes it easier for me to do the bookkeeping to make sure people get the credit they deserve.

So, the Paypal address to donate money to CAMA/HPR is MRA_CAMA@yahoo.com. If you are familiar with Paypal then that's all the info you need. If not, simply go to www.paypal.com, click on "Send Money" and follow the directions. All you need is an email address and a credit/debit card.

BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR NAME, ADDRESS AND ALL THAT INFORMATION SO THAT I CAN PROPERLY CREDIT YOU WITH THE DONATION.

Every week or so, depending on the volume, I will move the money into the checking account I created and write a check to CAMA, along with the donation cards for each person.

NOTE:
    **edit** this section about the 3% fees no longer applies!

If you have any questions, please email me at mraracer157@yahoo.com.
    Last edited by The GECCO; Fri Feb 1st, 2008 at 08:24 AM.
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Re: Now you can use PAYPAL to donate to the NEW TRACK!!

Note that the section about the 3% fees no longer applies, we are working around it and you will get FULL CREDIT for each dollar you send through Paypal!
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO View Post
    Note that the section about the 3% fees no longer applies, we are working around it and you will get FULL CREDIT for each dollar you send through Paypal!
    Paypal's lawyers get on your case?

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

No, the issue was that *I* own the bank account connected to the Paypal account and I wasn't willing to personally eat the 3% fees that Paypal charges. IE, if you donate $100, I will only see $97 in the account and will only send that much on to CAMA in your name. I initially said that you needed to send 3% more than you wanted CREDIT for (towards getting a brick, plaque, etc) but CAMA has agreed to give credit for the full amount sent to Paypal, even though the fees are taken out.
    The GECCO

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO View Post
    I initially said that you needed to send 3% more than you wanted CREDIT for (towards getting a brick, plaque, etc) but CAMA has agreed to give credit for the full amount sent to Paypal, even though the fees are taken out.
    Gotcha. Just wondering because I know that CC companies will beat you down if you look like you are passing on their fees directly to customers. This I know from designing and implementing one of the earliest e-commerce systems back in the mid-90's when venture capitalists were telling me that "The Internet is just geek shit. No normal people will ever give a shit about it." My, how times have changed.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson