Page 201 of 202 FirstFirst ... 101151191198199200201202 LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,824 of 4839

Thread: OLD New Members - Introduce yourselves here

Re: New Members - Introduce yourselves here

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! Looking forward to meeting up and tearing down some track days. Can't wait to finally have this bike broken in.

I definitely need to buy an aftermarket seat and soften the suspension when riding around town. Pretty sure I broke both my nuts on multiple occasions.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Welcome!

Greetings fellow 2-wheeled enthusiasts....

I'm Woo,
    I relocated from Tucson, AZ about 10 months back (for work). I've been trolling the board for a lil while now, and figured I should get around to introducing myself. I ride primarily street these days (since '06), but grew up riding dirtbikes. Since moving here I've been unable to ride until recently, due to technical difficulties and what-not... However, that has since been remedied and I'm currently on an '04 RC51.

I've only been able to get out a few times recently due to this strange thing you guys have here called "Winter" with all this snow and ice stuff all around, hahaha... Which brings me to my first couple o' questions...

What do ya'll do in the off season?
    Are there any spots where the sportbike riders congregate?

I ask because, back in AZ, we can (and do) ride year-round, so there was always a few well known spots that we would meet-up/hang-out.

Also, does anyone else run a chatterbox on their lid?

Pics of the RC please. Big RC fan and hope to own one some day. Love the 04's. Welcome!
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Welcome welcome! Check this out Woo Who

http://highplainsraceway.com/whats-going-on/

There is less snow East! I need to make it out to a track day soon!
    08 Kawi Green Ninja ZX-6R

Quote Originally Posted by Woo_Who View Post
    Greetings fellow 2-wheeled enthusiasts....

I'm Woo,
    I relocated from Tucson, AZ about 10 months back (for work). I've been trolling the board for a lil while now, and figured I should get around to introducing myself. I ride primarily street these days (since '06), but grew up riding dirtbikes. Since moving here I've been unable to ride until recently, due to technical difficulties and what-not... However, that has since been remedied and I'm currently on an '04 RC51.

I've only been able to get out a few times recently due to this strange thing you guys have here called "Winter" with all this snow and ice stuff all around, hahaha... Which brings me to my first couple o' questions...

What do ya'll do in the off season?
    Are there any spots where the sportbike riders congregate?

I ask because, back in AZ, we can (and do) ride year-round, so there was always a few well known spots that we would meet-up/hang-out.

Also, does anyone else run a chatterbox on their lid?
    Welcome to Colorado Woo..... Colorado is a bit different than any other stated I have lived in due to the winters and other things. But during the colder season, there are just a few get together/hang outs. Mostly just friends, not like the bike nights and other meet up spots around town during the summer and such.

What part of Colorado you in?

In A Land Far Far Far Away Lifetime Supporter

I miss you sane peeps yes I call you ALL sane compared to this side of Kansas. I sent one of the EX500 peeps your alls way (He is in Lakewood) hope he finds a home here I miss you guys, no really.
    Αφροδίτη

https://www.facebook.com/dcbk.stanley

The one in the back still catching up....

Welcome to Colorado, Woo_Who!

In the off season, most just bitch and moan about the snow, . There are a few who ski or snowboard, meet up for lunch or dinners, get their bike(s) ready for the next riding or race season (I.e. adding upgrades and mods). There are different activities posted in the Social Events along with a n00b welcome party that Bornwildnfree hosts at her place. Even tho we have "winter" here, there are quite a few of us who still get out and ride, like last Saturday and Sunday! You can always post up an event, like all you can eat wings night at Quaker Steak and Lube and invite others to join you! CSC'ers love their wings!

And yes, I use a Chatterbox xbi2 on my lid.. I just listen to music tho, no chatting, well, unless it's just to myself.
    Last edited by Sully; Wed Jan 22nd, 2014 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Even tho we have "winter" here, there are quite a few of us who still get out and ride, like last Saturday and Sunday!
    Hell yeah, we ride year-round!!! If there's snow on the ground, pull out the WR's...

And yes, I use a Chatterbox xbi2 on my lid.. I just listen to music tho, no chatting, well, unless it's just to myself.
    Those voices getting louder these days?!?!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post

Those voices getting louder these days?!?!
    Well, sometimes I need expert advice!

Well, sometimes I need expert advice!
    That's good, I like that!
    I will definitely plagiarize that somewhere down the road.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Give Kim a hug for me.. I miss that lovely wife of yours.. and yes, you too!

Quote Originally Posted by kawasakirob View Post
    Pics of the RC please. Big RC fan and hope to own one some day. Love the 04's. Welcome!
    This is my '03 that was stolen Oct 15, 2012... I had it for 6yrs and logged over 60,000mi... Miss it everyday!

[IMG][/IMG]

Arroyo Seco Track (Deming, NM)
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC51 parking at my old job...! (Black RC's are my old manager & co-worker's)

[IMG][/IMG]

And here is the '04 RC51 that I'll be riding till my motard finishes getting built and gets delivered in a few months...

[IMG][/IMG]

& the hooliagn mobile!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Woo_Who; Sat Jan 25th, 2014 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie-Rich View Post
    Welcome welcome! Check this out Woo Who

http://highplainsraceway.com/whats-going-on/

There is less snow East! I need to make it out to a track day soon!
    Thanks, I've been wanting to check out HPR, one of my (new) co-workers told me about it (he tracks his Vette out there)...

Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    Welcome to Colorado Woo..... Colorado is a bit different than any other stated I have lived in due to the winters and other things. But during the colder season, there are just a few get together/hang outs. Mostly just friends, not like the bike nights and other meet up spots around town during the summer and such.

What part of Colorado you in?
    Right now I'm in Parker, but that may change... Lease is up on the apartment before too long, and we're considering heading west of i-25..

Welcome to Colorado, Woo_Who!

In the off season, most just bitch and moan about the snow, . There are a few who ski or snowboard, meet up for lunch or dinners, get their bike(s) ready for the next riding or race season (I.e. adding upgrades and mods). There are different activities posted in the Social Events along with a n00b welcome party that Bornwildnfree hosts at her place. Even tho we have "winter" here, there are quite a few of us who still get out and ride, like last Saturday and Sunday! You can always post up an event, like all you can eat wings night at Quaker Steak and Lube and invite others to join you! CSC'ers love their wings!

lol, I have the GmrsX1... looks like you and I will be able to continue uninterruptedly getting expert advice..

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Hell yeah, we ride year-round!!! If there's snow on the ground, pull out the WR's...
    Yeah, I'm still working on improving my skills ice track racing/riding... lol
    Besides, the only 'WR' I wanna play with in the snow, is a WRX (or a .:R32 )!

Board Newbie

Seems like things are a bit quiet over the winter but I thought I would introduce myself:
    New-ish member here after lurking a bit in the past.

Getting in to my 3rd year riding and looking for more people to ride with! I'm always looking to become a better rider and I heard this was a great group of people.

I ride a Yamaha Fz8 and have done about 20k miles in colorado over the past two years. I'm looking to explore the state more this year and meet new people to ride with. Eventually I'd like to get out and do a track day or two. I spent 5-6 years racing open-wheel cars but have recently gotten out of it. Some day I'd like to return to the track on two wheels..

Board Newbie

Hey everyone! My name is Tiffany, I just moved to Denver from the Minneapolis/St. Paul area in September. I've been riding for about 5 years now. My bike is a GSXR600 and unfortunately, it's still in MN but I will be riding it out here in May! I don't know anyone out here who rides so I was hoping to meet some new people and this seemed like a good place to start! Looking forward to meeting everyone

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheeltiff View Post
    Hey everyone! My name is Tiffany, I just moved to Denver from the Minneapolis/St. Paul area in September. I've been riding for about 5 years now. My bike is a GSXR600 and unfortunately, it's still in MN but I will be riding it out here in May! I don't know anyone out here who rides so I was hoping to meet some new people and this seemed like a good place to start! Looking forward to meeting everyone

Minnesota! Welcome. I can't think of many others from MN on here, but maybe I just don't know enough. Plenty of skiers from there too.
    You're going to ride it all the way out here? I'm debating doing a round trip ride from here to there (duluth/lutsen) but it's a miserable enough drive as it is and I cant afford any tickets.

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Hi. I've posted a few times but never introduced myself. I just got my first street bike last October. I've owned a dirt bike before but never a street legal. Would love to go on a few group rides and perhaps some BBQs...as long as you all don't mind me bringing up the rear (my bike is a CBR500R)

Jimi

Welcome Jimi..... I will be bringing up the rear with you at some point...

Welcome welcome, hope to meet some of you this summer at some point. Hopefully I'll have a street bike soon and maybe put together a ride so everyone can get acquainted. Also be sure to check out the MRA races this summer, it's a ton of fun
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Hello, first post. I am also a Jim, reside in Lakewood. I am a FOG, started of on dirt as a kid, bought my first street bike at 18 (89 Ninja 250). My motorcycling history of bikes include a slabby GSXR750, Bandit 1200, VTR1000, and a Bandit 1250. My current bikes are a 99 Vmax and a 2014 FZ-09. I have been an active member of forums, but usually bike specific. I actually ran across this forum while trying to research shops that Dyno tune etc. Looking forward to this riding season and meeting some of the people I see out riding the twisties!