Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Head Count

Head Count

How many of you are running in the MRA for the first time this season?

Re: Head Count

I might but it would be later in the season. Just moving here and bike won't be here until May and then have to review finances. I plan on some the of Racing2SaveLive events and a couple others with friends back in St. Louis so it just depends. I will probably try to do the MRA event at Hastings after R2SL.

I'm taking the MRA school at Pueblo in April and doing 2 of 3 R2SL events.

am i really this dumb?
    what is R2SL?

Quote Originally Posted by GNGSXR View Post
    am i really this dumb?
    what is R2SL?
    Racing2SaveLives: see banner at top

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

I'll be doing a couple races this year. Going to take Mark S. class in the spring. Probably just Pueblo races but I might get to Hastings also.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

I'm planning on it. It all depends on how far I can stretch the tax return.
    "KEEPIN' THE BLACK SIDE DOWN...MOST OF THE TIME"
    2012 KAWASAKI NINJA ZX-10R
    2008 KAWASAKI NINJA ZX-10R
    2005 KAWASAKI NINJA ZX-10R
    2005 KAWASAKI NINJA ZX-6R

I'd like to, but looks like it won't happen til next year.
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6

working on it!
    Jennifer Hom l MRA #888

Thanks to all my 08 sponsors

Sick Girlz/ Vitamin Energy/ Vanmar Michelin/ Brother's BBQ/ G Force Powersports

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    I'll be doing a couple races this year. Going to take Mark S. class in the spring. Probably just Pueblo races but I might get to Hastings also.

That track in Hastings is friggin sweet David. George out there is a nut and throws a great time for EVERYBODY out there for the races. His whole crew does a great job. If you get the chance, make it out there!
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Don't want

Quote Originally Posted by *GSXR~SNAIL* View Post
    That track in Hastings is friggin sweet David. George out there is a nut and throws a great time for EVERYBODY out there for the races. His whole crew does a great job. If you get the chance, make it out there!
    +1 for the hastings trip

when i started my novice year in 07, i figured i would run a couple races but not the whole season. little did i know, after round one in pueblo i was hooked. sold the street bike and my car to get a truck and trackbike. now i would never look back, and i do everything i can to make every event. good luck to everyone who starts next year. if anyone has any questions or needs any help, send me a PM. I CAN'T WAIT TO RACE
    Casey D

I'm really hoping to hit each one of the tracks this year that MRA uses this year. But, of course money and PTO will be the limiting factors.

Just like Dragos and Koniched, I am heading out to all pueblos, and a select hastings event.. Ive been there, havnt raced there. I started out Last year in the final 2 Pueblos, and had a blast. Met great friends.
    I cant wait for racing to even start ON TV!
    I just wish the MRA hadnt made it so hard for a novice to race this year, with the Sat. schedule. It is what it is, I can either complain or just buckle down and find a way to make it happen (I sell bikes at a dealer on saturdays). Hope to be out there.
    Maybe Ill race Down hill bicycles. Second funnest thing Ive ever done.

...Urrrgh.

workin on it, takin race class march 22nd....................
    drop a gear and disappear....

Asshat Racing:Mra #228
    2002 r6 street,akrapovic slip-on,flush mounts,Ohlins steering dampener
    2000 r6 race (sold)

Mrs. rforsythe Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by GNGSXR View Post
    am i really this dumb?
    what is R2SL?
    www.racing2savelives.org

All the COOL people will be there.

Amos Bronson Alcott

Quote Originally Posted by Spicee Brown View Post
    I just wish the MRA hadnt made it so hard for a novice to race this year, with the Sat. schedule. It is what it is, I can either complain or just buckle down and find a way to make it happen (I sell bikes at a dealer on saturdays).
    For sure it is harder for a novice to race that is in that business. I don't work in that industry but I couldn't imagine it being hard to get one saturday off a month...but then again I don't work in the industry.

I will be headed down to Pueblo in March to get my license! I am looking forward to meeting new people with the same interest!

Account Deactivated at users request

Does anyone know how long a race license is good for?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_RC View Post
    Does anyone know how long a race license is good for?
    to race? only for that year. it must be renewed to race the next year. renewal is only a matter of paying the license fee.

if you are taking the class to be certified to ride the track, i dont think that will expire. im sure someone who does trackday stuff can confirm that part.
    Casey D

Race Cert doesnt expire... but they used to have a rule if you were not active for a while, that you may need to re-cert..... Im sure the rule book has that one in it and easy to find.

The Sat sched... granted is harder for those who work on Sat.. but in the long run is better for the masses.... It helps eliminate excessive tire changes from Dot's to Slicks and back again...... Helps get us on our way home earlier from that nice 7hr drive back from Hastings..., and when its a crash fest day...... and for those who race only SS or SB classes...(Mostly) get to only come on the day their races take place... Heck a SS rider can come on Sat and be home by dinner time and still have a weekend left... Overall, the minor amount of folks it may create a schedule conflict for (which Im sure can be worked out since it was out months ahead of time) will pail in comparrison to the folks it will help out...... But the nice part is the MRA is always looking to make things work better for everyone... If the new plan works.. great... If not, Im sure they will make changes accordingly.... Personally I cant be more happy about it..
    R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera

I Understand , Dion..Im just pissin and moanin. It will light a fire under my ass to become expert, but Im way far away from that. I just still havnt decided if its worth it to race with you guys for ONE race on Sunday in AM U, in the Waaay back. I understand you gotta run with faster types to get faster yourself, But Im a first year Novice that wants to see where Im at with other Novies.
    I just dont know how much entry fees the MRA will lose from people that work Saturdays, but it could be a lot. My buddy who wants to race works saturdays as a therapist, his big earning day.
    I totally agree about that long ass drive home from Hastings could be shortened! I also understand the concept better suits all the tire changes you gotta do between classes. Hell, I just use one set! Pretty easy when your slow to make em last!

Either way, I had a blast with you guys last year, and Im gonna make it work.

"Im tellin' ya fellahs..youre gonna want that CowBell!"
    Bruce Dickinson

Quote Originally Posted by Spicee Brown View Post
    I just still havnt decided if its worth it to race with you guys for ONE race on Sunday in AM U, in the Waaay back. I understand you gotta run with faster types to get faster yourself, But Im a first year Novice that wants to see where Im at with other Novies.
    Spicee, I as well was a first year novice last year. Like you stated, I started in the back of AM U and by the last race, I got the hole shot, and held third till the last lap, and got 4th. So there is hope. You just have to keep your head down and ride! I didn't learn anything in novice, it all came from middleweight endurance and AM O and U and all the expert riders who I talked to. At first I didn't want to run AM O because I would be at the back but again, as the races go by, you get faster and run with faster people. I'm just blabbing now but I guess all I'm saying is do AM U if you can't do NOV U, you will learn more than you ever could have imagined....

Dingle

I'll be racing at least a few races this year. Planning on the March class.