Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Head Count

Re: Head Count

thanks for the postive outlook, Dingle..I gotta get faster...but its not an overnite thing. Gotta hang with Faster people. Gonna give it my best shot.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Dingle. Ya gotta ride with faster folks to get fast! Im way over my head already, with the 2 AM U races I did!
    Late!

Dunno if/when/what I'm doing this season. I might run MRA, but more likely I'll run a car in either NASA, SCCA or both (boo!). Yeah, cages suck, I know. However, they tend to be easier to sponsor and net out cheaper to run.

Though, as it is, I may be FAR too broke to do anything but dream of racing and pit for Team My Little Pony... if they're racing this year...which is unconfirmed....

SO...I dunno...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Dunno if/when/what I'm doing this season. I might run MRA, but more likely I'll run a car in either NASA, SCCA or both (boo!). Yeah, cages suck, I know. However, they tend to be easier to sponsor and net out cheaper to run.

Though, as it is, I may be FAR too broke to do anything but dream of racing and pit for Team My Little Pony... if they're racing this year...which is unconfirmed....

SO...I dunno...
    i wanna know what car you race that is cheaper to race then a bike..

Need suspension work? www.fixmybike.com

Unhappy Re: Head Count

Quote Originally Posted by motobum View Post
    i wanna know what car you race that is cheaper to race then a bike..
    Well, that's what I've been looking into for about a month, I'm not yet sure it's true.

Someone who's a local racer (won't name names) has tried to convince me that if I compete in SCCA's SSB I could drive the car to the event (yeah, and not wad it) like you do for an AutoX so no $16k car hauler or truck needed. I've got two free & clear cars (one 95 one 98 ) that I could run, or could sell and buy a prepped car for between $7500 to $15000 depending upon which class and division I run.

I've got lines to Kuhmo and some other auto sponsors that'd pay both contingency and support money (for entry fees, etc) which would help offset racing costs for the car.

For a bike, I've got nothing. No sponsors, no trailer, no truck. I'd need to start from scratch and pay all the expenses out of pocket--and my pockets are pretty shallow with the economy in the shitter.

However, I've just found out (today, actually) that since I've got no recent credentials, then I'd have to spend $2200 for a 3 day race school for a regional SCCA/NASA license or $4500 for a national. Plus, I'd need all new SA2005 helmet, suit, gloves, shoes, mask, underwear etc--and that all adds up (probably $2k at a guess).

That puts me back towards MRA, and I could try to pick up a cheap track bike, but I work Saturdays (so I miss half the schedule) and I'd still need trailer/truck/crew etc.

SO...unless there's something I'm missing, I'm most likely I'm not racing again this year...

I may still be a pit monkey, but that's about it. Peh.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

I'll just corner-work again this year. As much as I 'd like to race, it's not in the cards. But, I really enjoy the scene/community of the MRA and like to contribute where I can. Those of you that can't race might want to consider at least giving it a shot once. They're always looking for help.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

What happened to the "Good Ol' Days" when you could just strap on a leather flight helmet, a pair of goggles and a white scarf. Then, you and a bunch of other World's Fastest Indians would cram next to each other at the start as some local hottie dropped her scarf.

MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

hey do you guys know if there's an all girl track day this year?? really wanting to learn and heard that's a good one to go to? or if you have any suggestions that would be great! thanks!

I'm taking the class on March 22. Mostly for the open track days. I never been on a track and I can't wait!!!

..thanks for your words, derek..congrats on your award. Meet you soon..Im not gonna let this fiasco stop me. Lates.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicee Brown View Post
    ..thanks for your words, derek..congrats on your award. Meet you soon..Im not gonna let this fiasco stop me. Lates.
    That's what I like to hear. If you need anything or have questions give me a call @ 303-667-5859 (that goes for everyone else too). Thanks!

Dingle

First time here : ) hope to see most of you out there.

VANMAR!!!!
    Bridgestone Tires
    www.fastermotorsports.net
    www.youngbloodracing.com
    www.chicanetrackdays.com

Erik Cromer |MRA #611

Quote Originally Posted by Darlin Silver View Post
    hey do you guys know if there's an all girl track day this year?? really wanting to learn and heard that's a good one to go to? or if you have any suggestions that would be great! thanks!
    Not sure if there's one here or not but I know they have in vegas every year through Fem moto. I heard nothing but good things about it.
    ILLMATIC RACING

I planing on doing as many rounds as I can in 08 and full season in 09.
    ILLMATIC RACING

I am putting an 06 R6 together and hope to get into the 18 April MRA class. Just have to find a few more parts. Then I plan to race at each track at least once this season.
    2006 R6 - Race bike - Novice #222

Sponsors:
    Vortex

Evomx

Panolin America

You don't need lube, these aren't old ladies they are 18......They're good to go!

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    ... pit for Team My Little Pony... if they're racing this year...which is unconfirmed....
    There will be at least some racing.....
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

I am working on it very aggresivly for having kindoff a late start. got all my gear. will be getting a new bike this week and then just need to get my licence.
    Knee2Ground Racing