Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: and cops dont know why people hate them..

Gold Member

Re: and cops dont know why people hate them..

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Well, the officer was not handling the situation in the most professional way but you have to wonder about the history that led up to this incident. I found this quote a little telling:

So, they know they are doing something wrong and they enjoy riling the police. Well, in that case, sorry, I don't have much sympathy for these kids. They probably habitually act like obnoxious little shits, destroying other people's property and finally someone had enough of their inconsiderate crap. Property owners expect the police to keep asshats like these kids from destroying their property. The asshats know they are wrong but keep doing it over and over and over, some apparently for the entertainment of annoying the police. Well, they shouldn't be whiny little bitches when a police officer gives them hell about it. You get what you give.

Dirk
    kids in the wrong or in the right has nothing to do with it... the cop should never have grabed that kid like that or made the threat he would smack him.. that is a threat of violence... nothing more nothing even close to less...

and konichd is this you in one of these clips???
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/65150

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    ^^^Yes bring Communism back!

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

^^5th clip, I was the guy throwing stuff at my other employee. Give me the pic and hammer of Stahlin!!!!!!!!!!!
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Well, the officer was not handling the situation in the most professional way but you have to wonder about the history that led up to this incident. I found this quote a little telling:

So, they know they are doing something wrong and they enjoy riling the police. Well, in that case, sorry, I don't have much sympathy for these kids. They probably habitually act like obnoxious little shits, destroying other people's property and finally someone had enough of their inconsiderate crap. Property owners expect the police to keep asshats like these kids from destroying their property. The asshats know they are wrong but keep doing it over and over and over, some apparently for the entertainment of annoying the police. Well, they shouldn't be whiny little bitches when a police officer gives them hell about it. You get what you give.

Dirk
    yeah, yeah, yeah ............. the cop could have played the professional card and the film fucktards wouldn't have had any ammo for Youtube

Bottom line --- the fucking cop didn't have the smarts enough to be professional in this situation and the tax payers trust a loose cannon like that to carry a gun. Well it is, after all, Baltimore /rant
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    kids in the wrong or in the right has nothing to do with it...
    No, it has everything to do with it. You go out looking to yank someone's chain and you're going to find trouble. It's not like he beat the kid or anything. He gave him what he damn well deserved, a good tongue lashing. If I had called my mother up in that situation at age 14, the conversation would have gone something like this:

Me: Mom, this cop is giving me a hard time about skateboarding.

Mom: Were you skateboarding where you're not supposed to?

Me: Yeah, but...

Mom: Well, when you get home you'll get it even worse from me. And when your dad hears about this...

Me: (to cop) Sir, please take me to jail.

I never really understood this mentality that it was cool to be rude to people and try to get them pissed off. Like I said, you get what you give.

Last weekend on the CSC ride I unfortunately witnessed bad behavior on the part of some of our members. We pulled into a gas station and had quite a few bikes. We were blocking one entrance to the gas station from an adjoining parking lot. A guy in a car pulled up and wanted to get into the gas station but a couple of bikes made it impossible for him to get through. I watched for a few seconds, hoping the bikes' owners would notice and push their bikes off to the side so he could get by. They didn't notice. So I walked over and suggested that they move their bikes. It would have taken nothing, but the response was something to the effect that the guy could go around the other way. The guy in the car, patiently waiting up to this point, finally ran out of patience and drove around the other side of the gas station.

Now, here was a chance for some motorcyclists to make a positive impression on a cager with very little effort on their part. But instead, they acted like inconsiderate dicks and pissed the guy off for no reason. I guess they thought it was cool to be an ass about it. Now we have another cager with a negative experience with motorcyclists when it would have been easy to make the situation turn out to be a positive one for us. Being a rude ass isn't cool. Being considerate to fellow citizens is cool.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Dirk
    I agree....if they poke a bear with a stick, it should come as no surprise when the bear swats back. That being said, the "cop" should have called a regular patrol unit to haul the little fucker off to jail. Bet they'd be a little less amused after a hefty fine and some community service....
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again

Being a rude ass isn't cool. Being considerate to fellow citizens is cool.

Dirk

DUDE. SERIOUSLY?

Gold Member

you know i dont hear the kid poking the bear in the film... yes they like to get osme people going.. they are 14.. we all did the same shit when we were 14... with that said this cop did not have enough training to see that kids will be kids and give hima hard time??? he did not have enough training to know he should keep a cool head when things like this comes his way??? lets say the cops is about 40 or so... in all these years he has been around does he realy expect kids to show him the full respect he thinks he should have??? or should we just leave the blaime on the 14 year old KIDS??

so what your all saying is that it is ok to have a cop put a little kid in a head lock and take them down when they are showing no sign of agresion.. if that is ok then is it ok to use other and worse force when it is a person of age??? say you are getting a ticket and you do not understand why and you ask why... then he punches you in the face and takes you down town for resisting.. is that ok??? the kid tells the cop he did not hear him.. i think a few times... it is still a free country.. the kid does have the right to use the word dude... i dont do it with my many run ins... still the officer has no right to tell any one that he will hit them if they dont show him respect... respect is not somthing you get by acting like that... he showed force when force was not needed.. end of story.. you all know if your kids came home with that tape it would end up all over csc and you all bitching about it for weeks...

but then again this is why i put this up on this site... i knew how people would post on it.. see a skater and hate him... this place is getting to easy...

<snip> this cop did not have enough training <snip> he did not have enough training to know he should keep a cool head <snip>...
    Read the article. This idiot had 17 years of 'training' ------ to be a prick.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

we all did the same shit when we were 14...
    ....and got our asses handed to us....
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

I think Dirk is just seeing things in black and white. He's not saying the cop was in the right. I believe what he's getting at, is that sometimes in these situations BOTH sides can act out wrong, as in this case.

A cop can be a total a-hole to you and you don't have to be 14 years old. I am glad we have courts. We can take their sorry arses to trial and even the playing field. I've done it twice and won -------------- BIG.

Thanks for those videos. It reminds me of the extreme importance of proper parenting, and having a little one I will take that to heart, and do everything I can to make sure my kids don't turn out like the ones shown in those videos.

BTW, Those are some lousy cops, and an even lousier dad in the 4th video, to be wrestling a kid in front of his little girls.

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    ...i mean, sure maybe 4 inches isn't much to them, but it sure as hell is alot to me!

you know i dont hear the kid poking the bear in the film... yes they like to get osme people going.. they are 14.. we all did the same shit when we were 14...
    Well, maybe you did but my idea of fun wasn't to go out and see if I could piss some cops off (as they admitted to doing). These kids clearly knew what they were doing was wrong. The cops have to enforce the law or they'll have the property owners on their asses. Watch "Cops" sometime and look at the shit these people have to put up with. I'm surprised they have the composure they do most of the time. That's not to say that all of them are angels but I think it's fair to say that most of them try to do their jobs the best they can.

in all these years he has been around does he realy expect kids to show him the full respect he thinks he should have??? or should we just leave the blaime on the 14 year old KIDS??
    I would put the blame on the parents for not teaching them that you don't address a cop as "dude". Treat people with respect and they'll most likely return the favor.

so what your all saying is that it is ok to have a cop put a little kid in a head lock and take them down when they are showing no sign of agresion..
    I didn't say that. I said the cop acted in a less than professional way and I don't think it was right for him to grab the kid like that. I'm saying that these kids went looking for trouble and they found it. Well, if you go looking for trouble, don't whine when you find it.

it is still a free country.. the kid does have the right to use the word dude...
    Just because you have a right to do something doesn't mean you should.

Again, I'm not saying the cop was right in everything he did. But if you want to be a rebel and knowingly break the rules, don't be a crybaby when you get called onto the carpet.

Dirk

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

I couldn't of said it any better Dirk. Nowadays, it's o.k. to act like a piece of crap, then get the response deserving of acting like a piece of crap, then whine about it. How about just behave from the start and not look for trouble?

The way I look at it, if I'm an ass to someone, I've got something coming back to me. I invited the response I get.

With that said, was the cop unprofessional...absolutely! It was the actions of the punk skater and the unprofessional police officer that kept this thing escalating.

No, it has everything to do with it. You go out looking to yank someone's chain and you're going to find trouble. It's not like he beat the kid or anything. He gave him what he damn well deserved, a good tongue lashing. If I had called my mother up in that situation at age 14, the conversation would have gone something like this:

Me: Mom, this cop is giving me a hard time about skateboarding.

Mom: Were you skateboarding where you're not supposed to?

Me: Yeah, but...

Mom: Well, when you get home you'll get it even worse from me. And when your dad hears about this...

Me: (to cop) Sir, please take me to jail.

I never really understood this mentality that it was cool to be rude to people and try to get them pissed off. Like I said, you get what you give.

Last weekend on the CSC ride I unfortunately witnessed bad behavior on the part of some of our members. We pulled into a gas station and had quite a few bikes. We were blocking one entrance to the gas station from an adjoining parking lot. A guy in a car pulled up and wanted to get into the gas station but a couple of bikes made it impossible for him to get through. I watched for a few seconds, hoping the bikes' owners would notice and push their bikes off to the side so he could get by. They didn't notice. So I walked over and suggested that they move their bikes. It would have taken nothing, but the response was something to the effect that the guy could go around the other way. The guy in the car, patiently waiting up to this point, finally ran out of patience and drove around the other side of the gas station.

Now, here was a chance for some motorcyclists to make a positive impression on a cager with very little effort on their part. But instead, they acted like inconsiderate dicks and pissed the guy off for no reason. I guess they thought it was cool to be an ass about it. Now we have another cager with a negative experience with motorcyclists when it would have been easy to make the situation turn out to be a positive one for us. Being a rude ass isn't cool. Being considerate to fellow citizens is cool.

Dirk
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Quote Originally Posted by sky_blue View Post
    DUDE. SERIOUSLY?

--Thomas Jefferson

thats bullshit. let a cop put my son in a headlock. shit.

the kids were skateboarding, not out trying to be felonious. good thing he had that camera rolling bc what else does that cop flip out on? imagine a speeding ticket. he'd damn near shoot ya..

townie your pissin in the wind.

And don't think for a minute that LEO's haven't made a mark on the skateboarding community by similar actions as presented by officer-in-your-face. I personally would set up my tyke with this visual eye candy as I firmly believe in the First Amendment

And for the complete ensemble I'd throw this in. I personally like how strategically the ornamental screening is placed:

And with the ensuing law suit I'd pay off the lawyers and by myself a new bike

http://www.skateboardingisnotacrime.com/
    Last edited by Nick_Ninja; Thu Feb 14th, 2008 at 09:40 PM.

And the how to book on the fine art of gettin' off the hook:

http://www.skateboardingisnotacrime....HOW_ticket.pdf

I am with Dirk and Snail, not as far out as Konichd though. Run the little crappers off. They were out looking for it and they found it. Too bad for them. I too would not have wanted to face the parents either. It wasn't the cops I was worried about it was Mom.

The cop screwed up and got emotional. A couple of weeks of unpaid vacation to make the mom happy but a little pat on the back after a check over the shoulder for a running camera.

They ought to have a little detention center where parents of rogue kids like that have to come and pick up Johnny. Then lets see how often the parents let the kids just run free on downtown areas. Cops hate school holidays because they have to be baby sitters. I used to hate school holidays because that meant I had to do 10 times as many chores around the house, not go run free at the mall.

I love the footage from dash cams. How long before they have a camera that tracks the cop around the car. How long before they have them built into their hats for their own protection. Maybe it will be for the depts. protection so the bad ones can't get away with this kind of crap either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    And the how to book on the fine art of gettin' off the hook:

http://www.skateboardingisnotacrime....HOW_ticket.pdf
    Lie to the police, run, etc. Yeah, great things to teach kids. These are the ones that will grow up to be the asshats that do stupid stuff and kill motorcyclists then run, lie, etc. If you do something you know is illegal, take responsibility when you get caught. If you think the law is wrong, challenge it in the courts. If you want to have the bad boy image, pay the price.

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson