Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SBK Superpole

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Re: SBK Superpole

Got behind on the zx10R build and had to put in some hours on Sunday. I'm getting "Ebony" ready for you Matty
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    ^^^Frank, where is the rant about how Ducati's are cheaters?
    Too early to tell. My bitch has always been the unfair advantage given them in the rules.....and the statistics that I have going back to the series start back in 88(?) back that up. So, we'll see. I thought they were going to get the 200cc AND all the special parts they were allowed before. I agree that 200cc and NO special parts is cheaper. No replacement for displacement, right? But, try and get a 20% displacement break in any OTHER racing series and see what happens. Well, except for any class Hardly-Ableson wants to run in........(NHRA, Formula Xtreme). Think Phord/Chivvy/Dodge would stand idly by if Toyota asked to run 420ci engines against the 350ci engines they had to run? I think NOT!
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Hey DK, how many Kawi's were in the top 10 of either races???
    Doh! Pwned!

(Beat me to it!)
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    where is the rant about how Ducati's are cheaters?

you kinda wonder about that. but like what the announcers were saying... look whos riding the 1098s, Biaggi, Xuas, Bayliss. They could probably do just as well on a Kawi, ok maybe not. LOL.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

you kinda wonder about that. but like what the announcers were saying... look whos riding the 1098s, Biaggi, Xuas, Bayliss. They could probably do just as well on a Kawi, ok maybe not. LOL.
    Definately NOT!

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

One bad ass race!

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar

Sorry to be the one stirring up shit, but I'll be the pessimist here.

It's quite alarming to see the 1098s running up front from the FIRST races of the season. I personally was quite depressed with seeing minimum of 5 Ducs in the top ten in both races... And yes, where the fook were the Kawi's? I didn't have much hope for Laconi, but thought I'd see Tamada break the top ten at least...

Seeing the likes of Bayliss/Biaggi/Xaus up front wasn't the concern. Seeing Fabrizio/Lanzi in the top ten was...

Of course, the V2 vs S4 battle remains to be seen, but I'm not liking how the 1098s are all running up front from the first circuit. I was expecting a bit more gradual pick up of performance from the 1098s.

Here's hoping this doesn't become another Ducati fest...

Yusuke
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.

Quote Originally Posted by green_zx7r View Post

Here's hoping this doesn't become another Ducati fest...
    it won't be.. if they keep winning the rules will change and they'll have to add more weight. whatever the 1098 mechanics are doing it's working. cause the Gixxers and R1's are still faster.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar

Right, but similar weight penalties were set on twins in the past, and really didn't make that much difference in overall race performance. A small and big rider difference may be the same weight different they are applying as a penalty to twins, so I'm not too hopeful there.

Secondly, as we saw at Qatar, top speed doesn't determine the race (unless you are at a track like Monza). Ducs obviously had the grunt out of corners and easily kept up with I4s. They are only going to get better and better overall, including the obvious turning/stability problems we saw Bayliss/Biaggi have.

I'm hoping they actually go back down in capacity to 750ccs. That was the best engine size!
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by green_zx7r View Post
    I'm hoping they actually go back down in capacity to 750ccs. That was the best engine size!
    You've got my vote on that one.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

it won't be.. if they keep winning the rules will change and they'll have to add more weight. whatever the 1098 mechanics are doing it's working. cause the Gixxers and R1's are still faster.
    Don't bet on that. The WSB series, until very recently, has ALWAYS been a Ducati-fest.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian