Thread: Want to split a motogp.com subscription?

Want to split a motogp.com subscription?

I bit the bullet the last two years and purchased my own motogp.com subscription, but with the weak dollar and the increasing prices for the low-res crap, I am no longer willing to shell out $75. If you'd like to split a subscription, PM me!
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: Want to split a motogp.com subscription?

Yo Ralph...
    Is there any way that we (as the CSC) can pitch in on a subscription that you manage, and then as the complete races are made available for DL, you can host them someplace central for us contributors to re-DL, and watch at our convenience?
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

On another board everyone that wanted to chip in got the log in and password.

It was just a buck each
    98 VFR 800 (Old faithful)
    06 Sprint ST 1050 (Sexual Chocolate)

On another board everyone that wanted to chip in got the log in and password.

It was just a buck each
    That sounds like a heckuva idea. Considering I've already given motogp about $150 for crappy video the last 2 years, I'd feel pretty good about spending a buck.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

How many simultanious (sp?) logins, will the MotoGP website support, with the same credentials?
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    How many simultanious (sp?) logins, will the MotoGP website support, with the same credentials?
    I'd suggest having someone manage the account, and upload the video to an FTP server all contributors had logins for- then there's only ever one connection to the MotoGP.com server.

However it's done, if we split a (high-res?) subscription amongst a bunch of people- I'm in.

Merlyn
    - 2006 Buell XB12R Firebolt: Elvira, the Gothic XB

"It is caffeine alone that sets my mind in motion.
    It is through beans of java that thoughts acquire speed,
    that hands acquire shakes,
    that shakes become a warning...
    I am... IN CONTROL... OF MY ADDICTION!"

I was looking into the high-res and I think that makes it a little tricky unless someone has software to record streaming video.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Most I have seen at one time is four....Most people saw the races/qualifiers on TV so we had a bracket made each week to who wanted to search the site on what day and time for the first 4 days after the races. But you can also make it smaller.....5 bucks each would only give you 15 people able to long on...Then you can give each person an hour a day or however you want to bracket it off.
    98 VFR 800 (Old faithful)
    06 Sprint ST 1050 (Sexual Chocolate)

Well I wouldn't be too concerned about watching the realtime races on the site. When I do catch them live, I'm satisfied with the network broadcasts. I record a majority of them to be honest, and just watch them later in the day.

The "Managed account/FTP idea though, is really what I'd be interested in. If the .AVI could be hosted shortly after the race is concluded, I'd be just as happy to go get it whenever I have time and then watch the file at that point. Heck, it could be the following Monday or Tuesday....

It's not like I'm going to catch the race results on typical TV, and unless somebody titled a thread on here that "spoiled" the results, it'd be perfect.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Ok - I went ahead and purchased an account - so if you want in it'll be $10 each. PM me for the login.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000