Thread: Did the undertail kit.

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Did the undertail kit.

I have a few questions before I show you some pictures.
    If I mount the license plate down by the shock. Is that legally ok?
    How am I going to get the turn signal light on there? I guess both questions can be solved with a fender eliminator but I want to check and make sure there isn't something else I can do?

Ok here are the pictures...

My nephew on his first sportbike.

First of the before pictures.

Second of the before pictures...

Third on final of the before pictures. Stop drooling. You haven't seen it all yet.

Ok I lied there was one more.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Re: Did the undertail kit.

Here are some during the process...

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

One more to go...

Ok here it is as of right now. I don't have turn signals and the license plate is attached by the rear shock. I don't even know if that's legal but that is where it is.
    Thanks for looking. I hope to hear your thoughts on it so take your time and then get back to me.

Ok I was just kidding about taking your time. I wanted to hear some feedback before I went to bed.

Um, did you clean your bike up before putting it all back together or just left all the grease build up and dirt?????? never mind, I know the answer as I see the tail is still covered in grime...a clean bike is a happy bike.

Also, to my "knowledge" the plate by the shock is not ok even though many do it and since you still need to mount the turn signals, just get a simple/clean looking bracket that holds both.
    my .2 cents
    Also, the sleek tail does look better...just clean it
    Last edited by atrainthornton; Wed Feb 27th, 2008 at 12:21 PM.

bikes - yes, 6 of them
    motorcycle - obviously
    Cage - FJ Cruiser

"You can always find me out doing something vs. sitting at home wondering what I should be out doing"
    "If you never ask the hard questions, how will you even know the real answers"

the install looks nice and clean. i like it. but speaking of clean, i have to agree with atrainthornton.. for the love of god, please clean your bike

+1 for washing that thing. not sure if you just got done playing in the the mud or what, but ive never seen a street bike so muddy (atleast a non crashed one). also, you should get the undertail paint matched. it would help a lot. other then that, it looks pretty good.

as for signals, you can get an integrator kit so that your tail light works double as turn signals. or just get some flush mounts and put them on.

please dont tell me this is the bike you were trying to get Coyote to pay $5500 for?
    Last edited by dragos13; Wed Feb 27th, 2008 at 02:04 PM.
    Casey D

I had my license plate down there while riding in Illinois and riding last year here in Colorado. Got pulled over several times in Illinois, never got slack about my plate. Never go pulled over in Colorado with my plate like that. This year with doing all the new plastics for my bike and removing the (most horrible) hotbodies undertail exhaust I broke down and bought a undertail plastic that has a better position for the plate with light.

I've been told you're not going to get pulled over for your plate being like unless you are giving police an actual good reason to be pulled over. Implying that the plate position deep under the bike not being a good reason.
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6

i agree with pauliep, ive never known anyone to get pulled over for the plate in colorado. mostly its speeding that does bikes in. i did know a guy who got pulled over for "weaving in his own lane" (he was warming up his tires) but this was downtown, and you know how prickish cops are on tejon and the surrounding areas

Quote Originally Posted by dragos13 View Post
    please dont tell me this is the bike you were trying to get Coyote to pay $5500 for?

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

I'll wash it as soon as my hose melts and I can get water flowing in it again.
    Yeah that is the bike that those guys would have been lucky to get for 5500.

i sense an international debate on the value of said bike. better post the stats on it before the price arguing gets started :P

I don't care what they think of the bike. That is what I owe on it and that is what they are going to have to pay. I have a bike and if they wanted me to get one from them they were going have to do more than lie to get me in there and lie about what they paid on the bike and then then not lie about what they own it for. Coyote was trying to rip me off in spite of me warning that I would post about it later. And since I only told them how much I owe I guess they are trying to talk shit about it now. Keep your over priced poser bike for 8999 a 05 ZX10 is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and I wasn't going to pay more than 7500. Since you low balled me on my trade in at 3/5 of what I owed I figured you did the same with the ZX10, $5100 is the most you paid for that bike.

But anyway back to my bike that I am going to keep for a while. Isn't it cool?
    I need to paint it to get it the color to match and the eliminator kit for the tag and lights. I think I will put a n.o.2 in it eventually as well. But that is another thread.

what you owe on a bike doesn't make it worth that much. maybe it wasn't them being cheap?
    Casey D

damn, my 2nd day on the board and bring up some bad shit.. oh well. life's life huh. in any case, i've only seen nos on a bike once.. a 929 to be exact, but i didnt get to go out much.. f'ing ex wives.. anyways.. im looking forward to seeing what plans you have for her david

NOS?!?!?!....um, let me guess, to go between the straights in the canyons or to pass someone on I-25.

Not to start $hit with you, but why in the hell would you put nos on that bike unless you actually run drag on it, which by the marks on your tire before the mod you obviously "spun" the rear wheel in the sand and dirt...
    And you are pissed because a dealership on TRADE-IN will not give you what you OWE on the bike and in the picks, other than paint, it looks bone stock.

C'mon man

THIS IS RETAIL PRICING BELOW...NOT TRADE. Keep in mind all the NEW models coming out and pricing promotions on Kawis etc....!

PRICING (RETAIL)
    Low Retail $3,705
    Average Retail $4,875
    Fairing-Full add $250 - $284
    TOTAL PRICE $3,955 - $5,159
    Last edited by atrainthornton; Wed Feb 27th, 2008 at 03:47 PM.

bikes - yes, 6 of them
    motorcycle - obviously
    Cage - FJ Cruiser

"You can always find me out doing something vs. sitting at home wondering what I should be out doing"
    "If you never ask the hard questions, how will you even know the real answers"

So you like doing bunrouts huh?
    Cole
    07 R1 .....now KTM 950 ADV!!!
    07 WeeeeeeStrom!
    2x KLR650s
    www.MotumMagazine.com

clean your bike oh my god, get a pitcher of water anything! a clean bike is a proud owner!! looks a lot better with the kit! get integrated turn signals and it'll clean the back up even more!

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremjeepn View Post
    So you like doing bunrouts huh?
    I did a small burnout to show off for my nephew. Besides that I never do them. I am looking to get a new tire anyway so this one isn't all that important to me. You never do a burn out on an old tire? You should. Give it a nice send off.

I will wash my bike ASAP. But I need the time. I should have washed it before I did the mods but after is better and less redundant.

Coyote was trying to low ball me so I passed period the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlin Silver View Post
    looks a lot better with the kit! get integrated turn signals and it'll clean the back up even more!
    Where? I've been looking around a bit and haven't found any reasonable prices ones.

I have done nothing with the bike BTW but there is a new sprocket, clutch and paint that I know of. Its been maintained regularly since I have had it and from what I hear from butters it was before me. But he did abuse it a little. I haven't done any exhaust mods because I like the quiet sound.
    The nos is for when its maxed out and I need a push. I was thinking and I am still tinkering with the idea of a turbo but nos is the first step.
    I will be putting turbo on the stang soon. You can see nothing of it under the cover in the picture. Cool huh?

Thanks for your advice guys. I will see you soon at the meets or where ever.
    Last edited by DavidofColorado; Thu Feb 28th, 2008 at 12:47 AM.