Thread: Parking Downtown???

Parking Downtown???

Greetings, all. Long time, no type

I recently started a job downtown (18th and Arapahoe) and would like to ride to work on occasion, but I'll be danged if I can find any place to park my bike. Unless it's a scooter, there doesn't appear to be anywhere to park.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
    Tore Up From The Floor Up

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Re: Parking Downtown???

Check the garage under the Qwest building (the smaller one), they were letting bikes park next to the guard booth a while ago when I worked there pretty cheap and the guy will watch it for you.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

I work in the Qwest building and I know they have motorcycle parking in the garage, but not sure how much it is. I have worked downtotwn for 7 years and have no idea where any of the free or cheap parking spots are, I have always had parking through work.

I am out of town every other week, so my employer won't cough up the dough for a parking spot in my building (Granite Tower). I'll check the Qwest building, though. Where is the smaller Qwest building? I only know of the monster on Champa.

Quote Originally Posted by FnFast View Post
    I am out of town every other week, so my employer won't cough up the dough for a parking spot in my building (Granite Tower). I'll check the Qwest building, though. Where is the smaller Qwest building? I only know of the monster on Champa.
    Its actually between California and Stout on 18th. Not sure where the other Qwest building is, I think they have a place on Grant.

Yep, you're right, it is on Stout. I always get Champa and Stoud cornfused

So, is the Grant location where rforsythe was talking about?

Now I feel foolish - I just saw some related posts to this, and I probably have my answer. Thanks for responding, though. Keep the rubber side down!!

the parking under rock bottom on 16th and champa has motorycle parking, it's a nice seperate place close to the attendants down there, i think it's a couple bucks a day

Parking under Independence plaza (a.k.a Rock bottom) is $4 a day. I park there every day.
    Doug Labout Sr.
    Semper Fi
    MRA Novice #379
    Low Vagueness racing

News Flash - I just worked a deal with the parking attendant in the basement of my building. He said as long as I could get around the arm bars that keep cars in and out, I could park there for free. The sportbike won't be a problem, but parking my bagger might get interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by All-Labout-me View Post
    Parking under Independence plaza (a.k.a Rock bottom) is $4 a day. I park there every day.
    Doug...long time man. How ya been? You down for another year with the MRA?

Randy
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

I'll be out there. I have to get my paperwork in this week and pull out the bike and get it ready for the season.
    Oh and freshin up the bucket of money for the year.
    Doug Labout Sr.
    Semper Fi
    MRA Novice #379
    Low Vagueness racing

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Check the garage under the Qwest building (the smaller one), they were letting bikes park next to the guard booth a while ago when I worked there pretty cheap and the guy will watch it for you.
    Can anybody confirm that this is still the case (cheap parking under the Qwest building on 18th, between California & Stout)? I have training downtown next week 2 blocks from there (@ 18th & Curtis), so cheap parking, not too far away would be idea.

TIA
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Can anybody confirm that this is still the case (cheap parking under the Qwest building on 18th, between California & Stout)? I have training downtown next week 2 blocks from there (@ 18th & Curtis), so cheap parking, not too far away would be idea.

TIA
    I work in the Qwest building and parking isn't cheap. They just raised the rates for monthly parking and Im pretty sure they did they same for daily rates.

I agree, they just raised the prices. it was $4 a day for bikes. not sure what they raised it to. i stopped parking there 2 weeks ago.
    the chase bank building on 17th and Arapahoe i believe is 2 day for bikes.
    Tom
    2003 SuperHawk

Why geeks like computers: unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes,fsck,fsck,fsck,umount, sleep.

Any other options close to 18th, between Curtis & Champa?
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
    R.I.P. 502

The parking management company just raise the qwest garage to $6. That sucks! It used to be $2 forever, then raised to $4 mid summer and now $6. wtf...

The bike parking in the Park Central building on 15th and Arapahoe was $4 a day when I stopped working there two months ago. Check there. If it's too cold to ride, I used to park my truck at the DCPA (Arapahoe & 14th) for $5 a day (early bird). In before 9 out before 6 it's only $5.

Leah
    05 Raven R1
    01 YZ250F

Quote Originally Posted by 303Lurch View Post
    The parking management company just raise the qwest garage to $6. That sucks! It used to be $2 forever, then raised to $4 mid summer and now $6. wtf...
    Dude, that's messed up! effin highway robbery!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsTonic View Post
    The bike parking in the Park Central building on 15th and Arapahoe was $4 a day when I stopped working there two months ago. Check there. If it's too cold to ride, I used to park my truck at the DCPA (Arapahoe & 14th) for $5 a day (early bird). In before 9 out before 6 it's only $5.
    Class is from 8:30 to 6:00, so I won't qualify for the early bird special.

RTD is looking more and more like the answer... unless I can get reimbursed for parking, in which case it doesn't really matter if I find the cheapest or not.
    R.I.P. 502

Turns out I'm getting reimbursed for parking, so I'll be parking right across the street from where I'm getting training!

Thanks anyway, ya'll.
    R.I.P. 502