Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban On Semi-Auto Guns - Petition

Ban On Semi-Auto Guns - Petition

Quick/easy petition to vote no on banning semi-auto guns. If you care about your 2nd amendment rights give it a signature.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takea...409898348#body

The attempt to renew and augment the expired federal "assault weapons ban", HR 1022, will not be tolerated.

This is NOT the cosmetic bill from the Clinton era and does NOT include
    a sunset expiration, this one DOES ban many more guns, not just
    features, going so far as to ban WWII era rifles such as the M1 Garand
    and semi-automatic shotguns. Do your homework, learn about the details and contact your representative, act locally, raise awareness.

Get Involved: Legislative Action Center

Learn about this bill: TownHall.com HR 1022 Article , Washington Watch Article

This petition and it's author is in no way affiliated with the
    ACLU. I am an honorably discharged Marine, gun owner and rifle
    range member. The host website is by charter a
    non-partisan site, though they do carry many left leaning
    petitions. If that makes you uncomfortable, start some right
    leaning ones and get people on board.

Re: Ban On Semi-Auto Guns - Petition

Just signed! Gun bans only take guns away from the innocent. The government really thinks that a semi-auto gun ban will stop crime. When England banned guns the death toll WENT UP, reason being people cannot defend themselves from the criminals who pick up guns on the black market. Gun bans will never solve the problem of illegal guns in the hands of bad people.
    "Ride Naked!"
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 (Fazer)
    1984 Kawasaki 250 4-stroke enduro
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L V8 (Gas Whore)

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Its not about guns. Its just about control.
    I signed it and sent it to others too.
    Last edited by DavidofColorado; Tue Mar 4th, 2008 at 11:17 AM.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Signed as well.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Signed
    Casey D

Signed

Now if they want to pass a law that will require a licensing system similar to motorcycles, I would be for that.

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Signed

Now if they want to pass a law that will require a licensing system similar to motorcycles, I would be for that.
    I would be for that if it was for real machine guns and not semiauto guns that look like them.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

I signed one last year too, but I will add to this one also.
    Yellow and Silver K7 1000
    M4 GP Exhaust, PCIII, Galfer SS Brakes lines F&R, Puig DB Screen, Bikelitz Fender eliminator

Bans are stupid, criminals never register their stolen guns anyway, so what's the point?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by DavidofDenver View Post
    I would be for that if it was for real machine guns and not semiauto guns that look like them.
    They already have that. For both full-auto and supressors. Only issued after some deep government scrutiny of course but yeah, anyone with a clean record and the $ to fork for the permit can get them.

If you get your FFL in order to have fully auto guns the government basically has the right to search/seize your property 24/7 without warning or warrant.

I'm a troll. Ignore me.

What would you say to making it much more difficult to attain one instead?
    ---
    [URL="http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=4538"]help us out[/URL]

all posts are made via my beautiful iPhone
    [URL="http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=4538"]

[/URL]

As long as it does not keep guns out of the hands of the innocent I would be down. I have a clean record and plan on keeping it that way, so laws making it harder to get one would not effect me. Nut jobs and criminals do need to have a harder time to get guns, even though they can always turn to the black market and pick up guns at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by clustermagnet View Post
    What would you say to making it much more difficult to attain one instead?
    "Ride Naked!"
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 (Fazer)

Quote Originally Posted by RyNo24 View Post
    As long as it does not keep guns out of the hands of the innocent I would be down. I have a clean record and plan on keeping it that way, so laws making it harder to get one would not effect me. Nut jobs and criminals do need to have a harder time to get guns, even though they can always turn to the black market and pick up guns at any time.
    How about doing something to prove you can handle, whatever it is?

Let’s say you wanted a 155mm Howitzer to scare off those pesky squirrels off the back fence. What should you have to do to own one?
    Last edited by Snowman; Tue Mar 4th, 2008 at 02:46 PM.

MRA Racer No.427

we are talking about a BAN here, that would affect everyone.

The main issue is, we can't let the government take away our rights. Wether you have a clean record or not, they want to take away our right to own weapons. I just recently took my CCW class and plan to apply next week with the county. Nut jobs have ways to get fully auto weapons. Putting restrictions on them is only the first step to screwing the american people. I believe in my right to own a weapon and defend myself when needed. Props to everyone who is able to take a stand and make sure the government doesn't take away our rights. And for the people who argue that guns are bad, that is fine, dont own them. Just dont start thinking you can stop me from owning them. Not until you rid the world of crime, will I hand over my weapons.
    Casey D

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    They already have that. For both full-auto and supressors. Only issued after some deep government scrutiny of course but yeah, anyone with a clean record and the $ to fork for the permit can get them.
    Its insanely expensive. One has to be very wealthy to afford one of the machine guns now-a-days. The suppressors are still being made so its not so bad to get one of those.

To tell you the truth about gun control in my opinion.
    Its a loser. It doesn't keep guns out of criminals hands. And more gun control only hurts the law abiding. If you every bought a Glock during the ban and wanted a magazine that it was designed for you know what I mean.

I think the only way to keep criminals and psycho's from using a gun illegally is to follow what the founding fathers meant when they said the peoples right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. They knew that an armed people was a polite one. Its not pretty but its better than losing a right forever because of other peoples actions. And even then its just a gamble there no guarantee that it would work. But there is evidence to show that tougher laws to the point where there is no point in having a gun or an outright ban have failed and made the situation a lot worse for everyone.
    Last edited by DavidofColorado; Tue Mar 4th, 2008 at 02:56 PM.

Autos aside, they actually want to ban semi also. This means that the only legal civilian guns would be ones that you have to recock in between shots.

This ban would take a lot guns out of the hands of people. Only hunting rifles, shot guns, and revolvers are not effected by this stupid ban. Again, they do not realize criminals will still get these semi-auto and full-auto guns without even going through a background check through illegal underground means. I will be very mad if this gets passed, cause I want my Desert Eagle!
    "Ride Naked!"
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 (Fazer)

Catchphrases is all they are using to fool people. A little misinformation along with it and you are fooled.

A semi-automatic gun is self loading gun that fires only one shot per trigger pull.

A fully automatic is a gun that fires more than one shot per trigger pull either in a burst or until the trigger is released or it runs out of ammunition.

Fully automatics have been banned since 1934 when they used a couple of criminal acts as a basis for the law. e.g. Bonnie and Clyde, Ma Barker and few others.
    The down side to this was that all people had to pay a $200 tax to register their machine gun or they had to turn them in. For a lot of people that was a lot of money back then and couldn't afford it. Then in 1986 they closed the registry from any new guns being registered atificially raising the prices on currently registered guns. The way that the criminals got the guns back in the 1930's was by stealing them from National guard Armories. They never bought the guns legally.
    But the guns that they want to ban may look like their full auto cousins but are not and have never been machine guns. They will tell you that they can shoot like them in order ban them and people that don't know the difference will not know they are being lied to.
    After they ban semi-autos because they look scary they won't stop there. To many guns still need banned before they are happy so they will move onto hunting weapons. They will simply call these sniper rifles. Shotguns they will call streetsweepers. Very scary sounding. Coming from those that want you to think that so it will be better just to ban them and be done with it. But its a slippery slope to ban all the guns and it always starts with the scariest guns and working your way down until they are all gone.

Now in Australia you have to show a reason for owning a simple bolt action .22 LR and saying its for target practice isn't a good enough reason. You have to need it for something greater than sport.

Signed and dated!! #42,586

I'm so glad people are finally waking up about the Second Amendment. That everyone is starting to get serious about it truely is great!
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Tue Mar 4th, 2008 at 06:49 PM. Reason: typo
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Your welcome Black. You know I am there with you every step of the way.

And thank you very much inline6 for bringing this to my attention. I'm sure others are happy you did too. But I don't want to speak for others.

Did you see the one about a law in the works here in CO about locking up your safty? Err I mean guns.
    SB08-049 I don't have the link but I have been writing Senators about it for 2 weeks now and I think some are going to vote against it but it maybe a party line thing.
    Last edited by DavidofColorado; Tue Mar 4th, 2008 at 07:12 PM.

This ban would take a lot guns out of the hands of people. Only hunting rifles, shot guns, and revolvers are not effected by this stupid ban. Again, they do not realize criminals will still get these semi-auto and full-auto guns without even going through a background check through illegal underground means. I will be very mad if this gets passed, cause I want my Desert Eagle!
    if I'm not mistaken from when I last read up on the new revised Gun Ban. But (D)Joe Biden one of the main authors of the original Brady Ban, wanted to put alot of "hunting" rifles on the new ban list. His reasoning? They can be used as "Sniper" weapons(well no sh** sherlock! I didn't know that hunting rifles were made for long distance shooting). By his definition, all gun long guns can be used as "Sniper' weapons.

Which is why now more then ever we need to fight this "revised" Brady Ban because(and this was as of last time I read up on it) they have added some 100+ guns to the list. Everything from .300 Ultra Mags & .375 H&H mags, to high capacity shotguns and of course high capacity handguns. Basically any gun that they are afraid of, made it to the list. But this was of last year when I first read up on it, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's changed to either add or get rid of some.

But last I heard, the new "revised" Brady Ban would hammer away at alot of firearms.

Oh and just another wonderful tidbit of knowledge. (D)Diane Feinstein of San Franciso(CA) one of the biggest anti-gunners out there. And also a main author of the "Assault Weapons" ban, is a Concealed Weapons Permit holder. Isn't that kind of defeating her purpose?? Hates guns, yet she has a permit to carry a gun?

And just so you don't think I'm only her to pile on Democrats. Mayor Mike Bloomberg(R) of New York who ran as a Republican, has since defected to Independent status is also a huge if not the #1 Anti-Gun person out there. This guy is a billionaire and loves to throw his money around to make things happen. He's been a huge backer of the "Assault Weapons" ban and for some reason has a raging hard-on for hatred of Handguns.

So now more then ever, we must vote to keep our gun rights. Because if we don't, jackasses like the ones mentioned will be getting their way. And we just can't have any of that....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InlineSIX24 View Post
    Autos aside, they actually want to ban semi also. This means that the only legal civilian guns would be ones that you have to recock in between shots.
    I haven't RTFA yet, but are they wanting to ban even semi-auto handguns? Are they just talking about banning new sales, or actually stripping legal owners of their weapons?

Gun control is stupid. It's just a political buzzword asshats use to get or stay elected, because a lot of people out there freak out about it. Of course pro-gun advertising isn't likely to get far, though it would be interesting.

What if it were countered by education though? I'm talking full size billboards advocating the benefits of learning how to handle a firearm safely, taking courses (including CCW), etc. The whole "accident prevention" aspect that will appeal to the same people who don't understand the issue and will blindly vote for a ban. What would happen?
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

I believe their primary focus right on is on new semi-auto sales, but these same parties have discussed confiscation from existing owners. That could likely follow but would probably never pass. Not being able to buy new would intolerable. Having existing semis reclaimed would be unthinkable.