Thread: Unix Sysadmin in Longmont

Unix Sysadmin in Longmont

Ok, I'm not a recruiter but I am doing the interviewing.

Company: Intrado

The company supports the 911 infrastructure so server problems can cause loss of life.

We're looking for a high junior level, low mid level Unix admin with experience on Solaris and Red Hat Linux. Tru64 and HP-UX would be a plus. We're also looking for someone with programming or decent scripting (perl, shell, awk) mainly in a maintenance mode (being able to read and understand to help in troubleshooting).

Normal sysadmin work; 24x7 on-call, server builds, server lifting, some travel from time to time to our data center in Miami (I've been here 6 months and haven't gone yet so it's not often).

We're interviewing now so be quick.

Shoot me an e-mail: carl (dot) schelin (at) intrado (dot) com

I'll make sure you get with our HR guy and get the official job description.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Re: Unix Sysadmin in Longmont

Salary range is $80,000 (just got this from our HR guy).

Carl

Still looking for a Unix admin if you happen to be looking or know someone. We're getting close to settling for someone who doesn't quite fit.

Carl

Give me a call when you get a chance. I might be able to put you in touch with someone who could be a great fit for this type of job . . . 720-226-8939.
    www.onthemarcphotography.com

pm sent got a friend looking..

Like I need your support

thats a long time you've been looking for an SA... i'm surprised, not a lot of linux/solaris people looking these days or what?

as an aside, if theres anyone out there with strong DB2 skills(who'd also be willing to relocate to SoCal for 120k+ range) or a mid level mail person(postfix/sendmail/exp with anti virus mail filter software packages) for around 70k and full time remote(I believe), drop me a line..

the company is Kaiser Permenente.
    - Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by fook View Post
    thats a long time you've been looking for an SA... i'm surprised, not a lot of linux/solaris people looking these days or what?

as an aside, if theres anyone out there with strong DB2 skills(who'd also be willing to relocate to SoCal for 120k+ range) or a mid level mail person(postfix/sendmail/exp with anti virus mail filter software packages) for around 70k and full time remote(I believe), drop me a line..

the company is Kaiser Permenente.
    We got a few folks from the ads I posted and my manager did the same for some of the places he visits. Last week we were in a meeting with my coworker (Kevin), our supervisor (Dan) and our manager (Jeff) trying to figure out why we were getting so few applicants. Jeff said that he's been giving us what he's been getting and that we even went through his rejects to make sure he wasn't skipping someone with potential. I pointed out that perhaps it's a problem in HR.

So in the meeting we checked the job websites. Turns out the job posting wasn't on Dice.com (which is the only place I look for technical jobs). Then Kevin pointed out, "hey, it doesn't say 'Unix' in our posting"

Sure enough. It would explain the lack of response. I know my searches include Unix and Solaris. We went to HR and asked that a list of keywords be added to the posting and we've received several better resumes and had three interviews last week.

Carl