Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watching for the police.

Watching for the police.

OK, your not going to be breaking any laws anytime soon. That doesn't mean you should not be on the lookout for your local police.

In the recent firetruck/car crash I saw this paddy-"wagon". Pretty sneaky. Here is a shot of it from my balcony. Notice: the ski bars on top, blacked-out windows, regular license plates and sporty look.

They don't even wash it so it blends in even more.

Verrrry sneaky.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Re: Watching for the police.

Oink
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

AKA "Devaclis"

Stop on down there and offer those boys some coffee. They may be cold out there. Never hurts to be good to the guys who protect you when they can
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    Stop on down there and offer those boys some coffee. They may be cold out there. Never hurts to be good to the guys who protect you when they can
    And that would go nice with those Krispy Kreams too. nah ........ I don't think so.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

wait, what? are you talking about the cop car in the first picture or the bluish/grayish car in the second. how do you know its da coppa? are you crackin wise???

just for the record, i just woke up from a nap so i'm not with it right now.
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

AKA "Devaclis"

Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    wait, what? are you talking about the cop car in the first picture or the bluish/grayish car in the second. how do you know its da coppa? are you crackin wise???

hahaha "right now" LOLOLOL
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Hey sleepy, that gray wagon is a cop car.

Rider Workshop-USA

*Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Now all they need is a few dozed .45 sized holes in the side.
    2004 Blue GSX-R 600 Ghetto Fenderectomy

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    hahaha "right now" LOLOLOL
    lol, shut it dana you love me... even if i'm a tad ditzy. lol

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    Hey sleepy, that gray wagon is a cop car.
    ohhhhh... but how do you know its a cop car? the license plate? i can't tell just by looking at it. reveal your secrets!!! ... please
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

lol, shut it dana you love me... even if i'm a tad ditzy. lol

ohhhhh... but how do you know its a cop car? the license plate? i can't tell just by looking at it. reveal your secrets!!! ... please
    They had this guy in the SUV pulled over. Look really close in the side window and you can see the little red lights.

Rider Workshop-USA

It's about time they brought out the undercovers and clean up that trashy "Ranch"

J/k!!!!!!!

Wait! That was one of the fookers riding my ass when I was ONLY doing 80 on C470 the other day... Holy Crrrrap Scotty! He/She must have been out looking for soccer mom's that day
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Thanks for the heads up! I wondered if there weren't some new cars about, I saw a car like that lurking along the side of the road like they were a cop but I wasn't sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Centrios View Post
    Now all they need is a few dozed .45 sized holes in the side.

That has to be the dumbest thing I've heard. I don't like most police all that well, but even joking about gunning down the people who may save your life someday is just stupid. And even if you meant to damage the car, congrats. You just cost us tax payers $5k for repairs.

With all the wack jobs, PLAYING cop today, I wouldn't stop till a marked police car showed up. I'm way to pretty to be violated
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Is that a Suburu? LPD also has a black Ford F150 and a dark purple Intrepid...both unmarked. You’ll know if it’s a real cop…about $1500 worth of lights inside, behind the grill, etc.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Um, that's a Dodge Magnum, I think.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

i know in Westminster, they have a purple Nissan Maxima. They scare the crap out of me everytime I see one now.

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

With all the police impersonators running around I think its a recipe for disaster when cops are not using stock cars for speed traps. They are liable to get shot by some dingus who doesn't know if its a cop or a crook. Who cares if they can't be sneaky. At least it will be safer for the police when they are at a stop. All they will have to do is hide a little better.

You can always tell a cop car because most people in regular cars don't park on the sidewalk or break other traffic laws unless they are broke down.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

they have that gray magnum around the C-470 and Quebec area now as well as a new (black) dodge charger w black tinted windows... they pulled over a ricer by my house the other day. im not sure if they're douglas county or state troopers but ill try to find out.

Douglas county also has quite a few undercover tahoes in a bunch of different colors. I cut one off last year cuz I had no idea it was a cop, it didnt end really well

I'm thinking riding the local canyons is just going to get harder and harder on the weekends. Ma and Pa Lookielou, trucks full of pine beetle bark, Leo the lion--with his new double the points/fine enforcement, Jeff- out of work- holding a sign "will ride for food" sitting on the third turn on Horsepower Hill, and of course more bicyclists than we can imagine.

Seems the good ride are moving a bit out to the west, Highway 9, 69, 131, 125, et al.

Rider Workshop-USA

Maybe I missed it, but what part of town was the Dodge in?

'03 Bonneville
    '12 WR450f

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

They are everywhere. But the nicer hoods.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Apparently, this is what law enforcemnt ride in Holland! I hope they keep riding HD's on this side of the pond. I saw an unmarked newer model full size grey colored pick-up truck pull someone over in Littleton on Sante Fe Dr. It had tinted windows and the lights were the low profile type inside the cab and grille. Not much chance of spotting this one till its to late.
    Last edited by HOBBES; Tue Mar 25th, 2008 at 08:42 PM.