Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Watching for the police.

Re: Watching for the police.

A number of local PD have the new BMW rides. LPD has ‘em.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I just saw a Littleton Motor chasing down someone on southbound Santa Fe this afternoon. He looked like he was having a hoot rolling on the throttle on that BMW.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

At the Colorado Mills Mall, they had all the marked and semi-marked police vehicles from the lakewood dept. They had a couple of bikes too. I had never seen a biker cop till I moved up here. Looks like thier riding Honda St1300's and Some beamer. I don't remeber what it was. I was too busy trying to remember top speeds and quatermile times to see if an escape was possible. Oh well I just need to find a really good radar detector to mount to my bike. Or possibly a helmet mounted police scanner.
    And Jesus spake: Thou shalt always keep thy front tire upon the earth... Unless of course chicks are watching.

I'm a troll. Ignore me.

Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. A normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker signal that says you are about to turn right. This is to let him know you're pulling off for a proper place to talk. It will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180 degree turn at speed, but you will be ready for it. Brace for the g's, and fast heel-toe work.

We had two bags of grass...pellets of mescaline...
    five sheets of high-powered blotter acid...
    a salt shaker half-full of cocaine...
    a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers.
    Also a quart of tequila,a quart of rum, a case of beer...
    a pint of raw ether...two dozen amyls.

Not that we needed all that for the trip...
    but once you get locked into a serious drug collection...
    the tendency is to push itas far as you can.
    ---
    [URL="http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=4538"]help us out[/URL]

all posts are made via my beautiful iPhone
    [URL="http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=4538"]

[/URL]

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clustermagnet View Post
    Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. A normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker signal that says you are about to turn right. This is to let him know you're pulling off for a proper place to talk. It will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180 degree turn at speed, but you will be ready for it. Brace for the g's, and fast heel-toe work.

We had two bags of grass...pellets of mescaline...
    five sheets of high-powered blotter acid...
    a salt shaker half-full of cocaine...
    a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers.
    Also a quart of tequila,a quart of rum, a case of beer...
    a pint of raw ether...two dozen amyls.

Not that we needed all that for the trip...
    but once you get locked into a serious drug collection...
    the tendency is to push itas far as you can.

The good doctor speaks
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    At the Colorado Mills Mall, they had all the marked and semi-marked police vehicles from the lakewood dept. They had a couple of bikes too. I had never seen a biker cop till I moved up here. Looks like thier riding Honda St1300's and Some beamer. I don't remeber what it was. I was too busy trying to remember top speeds and quatermile times to see if an escape was possible. Oh well I just need to find a really good radar detector to mount to my bike. Or possibly a helmet mounted police scanner.
    Lakewood rides BMW R1100Ses.... certainly an improvement over the Harleys they had before. They also had a seized ZX11 at one point, but it was strictly for publicity and public appearances, never actually put into service.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

I suppose it wouldn't be too bad being stopped by this Littleton Motor Officer...for a "warning".

Rider Workshop-USA

*Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Darn .jpg size limiters. Here's a crop of the cop.

Rider Workshop-USA

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

She looks like she would pistol whip you instead of a warning.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by DavidofDenver View Post
    She looks like she would pussy whip you instead of a warning.
    Made the correct edit for you. You're welcome!
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

She reminds me of a classmate of mine in high school that went on to become the CSP's first female motor officer. Except she looks to be about 15 years too young for that.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Made the correct edit for you. You're welcome!
    Many have tried. Few have succeeded. But boy what a ride.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

She looks pretty hot there in her uniform straddling that beast of a Beemer.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    She looks pretty hot there in her uniform straddling that beast of a Beemer.
    That's not what she should be straddlin'

QUICK JOHN! ---- hit me upside the head

She's still A FUCKIN' COP.

Best part: seconds after I snapped this shot she cut in front of me and started to pull over to the side of the road near S/B Sante Fe and south end of the Light Rail. As she pulled to my right I opened my passenger-side window and hollered out to her, "Hey, skews me. Can I pull over and chat with you for a minute!?!" A look of utter surprise came over her and then she said (with a bit of suspicion), "Sure, drive around the corner and I'll meet you after I check on this accident.

Well, she did. Walked right up to me with her helmet in one hand and her right hand on her weapon (I guess I look like trouble, ha). We ended up having a nice conversation about women in motorcycling. It was/is my hope that she and other motor officers will participate in several activities within the motorcycling street and racing community--more specifically we'll pass on Jeff's information so they can have a private chat with him, LOL.

And with all due respect, she was 3x as hot with the helmet off. Nuff said.

Rider Workshop-USA

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post

And with all due respect, she was 3x as hot with the helmet off. Nuff said.
    And you didn't get a picture?!

Or a phone number?

The chat with the lady is BS without a business card or phone number.
    "6 pairs of kicks is my definition of 12 steps"

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Or a phone number?
    Quote Originally Posted by thatmofo View Post
    The chat with the lady is BS without a business card or phone number.
    You poor guys. I feel sorry for ya.

Rider Workshop-USA

Me too. I have a hot cop wife that rides motorcycles. A happy marriage is one on two wheels.

Did you get her badge number and date in court at least?
    (Night at the roxbury)
    Don't feel sorry for us yet. I think I know her. Was her last name Bandilin?

Did you get her badge number and date in court at least?
    (Night at the roxbury)
    Don't feel sorry for us yet. I think I know her. Was her last name Bandilin?
    My contact took place last summer. I have her business card, but it is buried somewhere in my office. If I come across it I will try to remember to reply to your question. If you do know her, perhaps you, too, can also work towards getting her involved in some "positive press" for motorcycling.

Thanks.

Rider Workshop-USA

My contact took place last summer. I have her business card, but it is buried somewhere in my office. If I come across it I will try to remember to reply to your question. If you do know her, perhaps you, too, can also work towards getting her involved in some "positive press" for motorcycling.

Thanks.
    If its the same women that I know I will ask her. We haven't been in touch in while but we grew up together we were like peas in a pod.

I'm sure she would love to help out with some good PR for the motorcycle community.

I have seen a ton of new BMW cop bikes out on Peoria and Montview lately...The station there on montview must have coughed up a little dough and bought all there boys brand spankin new beamer bikes.....Or a big ass drug bust they have a few vans parked over there that read on the back " This vehicle bought with drug money siezed by drug dealers" lol what a crock of shit