Thread: big problems with electrical?

big problems with electrical?

I went up to bear creek on a solo ride today and had no problems until I was heading home then it went to shit. First my gauges kept turning off and on, then I decided to stop to see if it was a short with the wires going into them and it wasn't. Then I tried to start it back up and the battery is dead after I had been riding for about three hours. So I think it must be the stator and I was able to push start it and drive it home, but I had to keep the rpm's prett high otherwise it wanted to stall out. I made it home finally and when I parked it I notice that there is a ton of smoke coming out of the storage under the rear seat. The Ecu was smoking up a storm. What kind of prolems am I looking at? If I put a new ecu on it will it burn it up right away? Can I buy a used one that will work? could the stator still be trashed to why was the battery dead? Any help is greatly appreciated. Now there is only one thing to do

Re: big problems with electrical?

First step would be to test the battery. If it has been sitting all winter it is likely that it is bad.
    Danny

Checked it and it said it was 30% charge, and it checked out with the bike shop said It should be good. Luckily enough I turned it off by National cycle supply in littleton and the owner was tried his best to help me out and that was one thing he did for me b4 i push started it and got it home. It was purchased last season as well so probably not the problem.

Then isnt it under warranty? Take it back to the dealer let them deal with it.
    Danny

Sorry my bad the battery was purchased last season. The bike isn't under warranty it is a 2002 triumph daytona 955i

call the dealership. There might be a service bulliten covering the issue.It wont hurt to call. Also look un the storage area/under your seat for obvious damage.ie burnt wires.

Well I did call Erico to check for recalls and there aren't any. I also took the rectifier/regulator out and it was bubbled and melted on the back so that is obviously bad. I called tfog and they told me that they could hook up a universal one to it and hopefully it solves the problem find out on Saturday. Thanks for the input.