Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Places to Ride to Eat?

Talking Best Places to Ride to Eat?

I was talking about lunch with a coworker about places we like to eat at, and places that are worth riding out to, or places to stop while on a ride and had the idea to simply post here and ask everyone where they like to eat. I'm just trying to see what places are around, and what places are out of the way but worth riding out to. What's good there, the price, the general location and if it's rider/bike friendly. Consider it the Riders' Zagat Guide to Fine and Cheap Dining.

Hopefully, we can get this stickied so next time you're hungry, or a group of us want to meet & eat, we'll know where to go and what to get.

I'll start with 3 local places I like and which you don't have to ride out of town to get to (you could even take your car if you wanted ):

1. Serioz (http://www.seriozpizza.com/)
    Style: American/Pizza/Pasta & Full Bar
    Average Price: $12-18 per person

I first went there a few years ago, when my friend's wife was the manager. She's moved on, but Serioz still has some of the best pizza in town, with a trendy-but-not-annoyingly-so atmosphere. Everything I've had there (pizza, pasta, calzones) has been fantastic.

2. Sam's No. 3 (http://www.samsno3.com/)
    Style: American/Greek/Mexican Diner & Full Bar
    Average Price: $10-15 per person

The downloadable menu is something like 7 pages long; so if you can't find something you want to eat, the problem is with you, not Sam's. They serve everything from breakfast (all day long) to dinner, with their omelettes and French Toast being some of the best around, as is their chili. Good portions at reasonable prices and the atmosphere is typical diner, so don't sweat dressing up.

3. The Rock Restaurant & Bar (http://tinyurl.com/2dm62a )
    Style: American/Mexican & Full Bar
    Average Price: $12-18 per person

The Rock serves burgers, sandwiches, Mexican food, and has a separate full bar and patio. The restaurant and bar have TVs throughout, so though I wouldn't call it a "Sports Bar", you can still watch your favorite game while dining. They have a 4lb burrito that I've never finished, pretty good burgers and chili, and huge salads (if you're into that).

That's my 3 for now, if you think this is a good idea, just post your favorites and we'll keep adding to this.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: Best Places to Ride to Eat?

Leadville via HW24 from Minturn. - Wild Bill's Hamburgers and Ice cream.

The service is dodgy at times, especially if they are extra busy. The burgers, rings, and everything else I've ever had though, has always been damn good.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Mon Mar 17th, 2008 at 11:31 AM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

103 Up and over Mt. Evans... heading into Idaho Springs, stop by Tommyknocker Brewery. Good food, good beer, if you can find a place to park... it's a great place to stop before heading back to Denver.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Sundance Cafe on the P2P in Nederland (south of town). Typical cafe fare, burgers, sandwiches, etc that are pretty good and not pricey. Sit on the deck outside and enjoy the beautiful views, and the ride before and after is great.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Not sure if this map will show, but here's one of the trips I like to take up to Walden and North Park...http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=2

I like both the RiverRock Cafe and the Moose Cafe. The Moose has some fair pricing and some really good sandwiches. Also, the outdoor seating is a nice switch from indoor and kinda like having a picnic, cuz they've got picnic tables. The RiverRock is a little more pricey and the ambience is different. They've got this huge antler shandelier in one part of the restaurant, as well as a huge river rock fireplace. Food is pretty tastey and this place was rated by Bill Clarke from Channel 7...http://www.thedenverchannel.com/trav...67/detail.html
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

There are a bunch of places in the region that we like to stop at on rides. One place that some of you are probably already familiar with is the visitors center on top of Trail Ridge Road. Very simple snack type food (although the pulled pork sandwiches are very good).

Its the view from the snack shop tables that are along the window that makes it a good place to stop and rest. The restaurant area has been completely remodeled for 2008 and will look great inside.

View from the windows of the snack bar...........

Last edited by ChrisCBX; Mon Mar 17th, 2008 at 12:03 PM.

+1 for the Moose Creek Cafe in Walden, always stop there for a bite to eat when heading up Poudre and on then down around to RMNP.

a bit of a ride but The Sportsmans Texaco in Lake City on the Silver Thread scenic byway is a great place to take a rest if you're riding in that region - http://www.sportsmanstexaco.com/

I'm also a fan of The Brown Burro in Fairplay for a late breakfast.

and oooh yah, theres a little BBQ spot in Frisco called Q4U on the east side of hwy 9 that I stopped at for the first time this past fall.. great food.

anyone know any good eats in Kremmling?
    Last edited by fook; Mon Mar 17th, 2008 at 11:58 AM.
    - Jeff

Cathy, what was that place we went to in Aspen? Nice food, good looking staff ... ?
    Photogallery * Google+ * Facebook! * STFU
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    god bless thongs and low self esteem women.

I don't know of any places in Kremmling. I always seem to be skirting through there after eating somewhere else.

Grand Lake is also a fav stop. Poncho and Lefty's is a nice Mexican restaurant at the end of the Boardwalk. Then there's another place I like to eat along the boardwalk, but don't know the name. It's got outdoor seating...or at least that's where I eat when I go there. It's on the south side of the street/boardwalk half-way into town. Then, there's the Bear's Den, which I've never been to, but have seen motorcycles parked outside during the summer. It's as you are entering town.

I also really like the Grand Lake Lodge restaurant, but the lodge was closed last summer, so I don't know if it will be open this season, or not. They've got a kick-ass melted cheese French Onion soup. Sure to stick to your ribs for that all-day riding if you're into it.

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Quote Originally Posted by fook View Post
    anyone know any good eats in Kremmling?
    yeah... ride into Silverthorne and go to the Red Mountain Grill!

all kidding aside, I've only stopped for gas and a bathroom in Kremmling. Last summer we stopped at the gas station/grocery store at the West end of town and the fried chicken smell in the air was intoxicating... didn't have any cause we were heading into Breck for dinner, but man it smelled good. May have to give it a try this summer.

Just remembered, check out Mango's in Redcliff. I know many CSC'rs have been there, so I think it's worth a mention.
    Last edited by salsashark; Mon Mar 17th, 2008 at 12:04 PM.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason ON View Post
    Cathy, what was that place we went to in Aspen? Nice food, good looking staff ... ?
    Damn if I remember. There are so many places to eat in downtown Aspen...enough to make the head spin Guess we'll just have to go there again this summer.

I brought all my shoes and all my glasses so I would have them

Double Z in Steamboat...
    ~Travis~
    It's okay...I'm a Doctor.
    Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    Everybody on CSC knows everything
    2003 GSX-R600 - Former Love
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R - Former Love
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R - Former Love
    2004 DRZ400E - New Dirty
    2002 KFX 650 - Quad

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Zokas on the way to Deckers
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    yeah... ride into Silverthorne and go to the Red Mountain Grill!

all kidding aside, I've only stopped for gas and a bathroom in Kremmling. Last summer we stopped at the gas station/grocery store at the West end of town and the fried chicken smell in the air was intoxicating... didn't have any cause we were heading into Breck for dinner, but man it smelled good. May have to give it a try this summer.
    heh, yeah. just been once or twice we've ended up hungry in Kremmling and wondered if anyone else had found something worthwhile there.. will look for the gas station on the west side.
    - Jeff

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

I will sticky this, but am moving it to the Canyon Carvers forum since it's more or less about riding.

I'm hoping one of the other SoWeCo peeps can remember the name of that mexican joint we stopped at in Durango for dinner.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by fook View Post
    heh, yeah. just been once or twice we've ended up hungry in Kremmling and wondered if anyone else had found something worthwhile there.. will look for the gas station on the west side.
    trust me, you can't miss it... West end of town, South side of US 40.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    I will sticky this, but am moving it to the Canyon Carvers forum since it's more or less about riding.

I'm hoping one of the other SoWeCo peeps can remember the name of that mexican joint we stopped at in Durango for dinner.
    I thought it was about eating ...
    Photogallery * Google+ * Facebook! * STFU
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    god bless thongs and low self esteem women.

AKA "Devaclis"

The Toad Tavern on the way over to the Platte River Grill. All in Littleton. Can't beat convenience.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    It was one of these 3 places (sorry can't remember exact name)...
    • Francisco's Restaurante Y Cantina 619 Main Ave, Durango 970-247-4098
    • Nini's Taqueria 552 Main Ave, Durango 970-259-4221
    • Tequila's Mexican Restaurant 948 Main Ave, Durango 970-259-7655
    That trip is still on my mind...like it was yesterday...

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

That's bad that you don't remember where you ate..... yesterday.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jason ON View Post
    I thought it was about eating ...
    Well, it's about eating during your ride. Besides, it will actually stand out in CC, in General it will just disappear into the ether, plus I don't want more stickies in there.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    It was one of these 3 places (sorry can't remember exact name)...
    • Francisco's Restaurante Y Cantina 619 Main Ave, Durango 970-247-4098
    • Nini's Taqueria 552 Main Ave, Durango 970-259-4221
    • Tequila's Mexican Restaurant 948 Main Ave, Durango 970-259-7655
    That trip is still on my mind...like it was yesterday...
    Me too! I think it was the first one. Can't wait to go back and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    That's bad that you don't remember where you ate..... yesterday.
    They say memory is the second thing to go when you ride a Kawi...
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Ain't the written word just freakin amazin? D'oh...

Yeah, but I do remember direction, sites, smells, people's faces, laughter, the excitement...oh and this..."Does anyone wanna ride motorcycles?" Freakin mantra man!

I really don't wanna know the first thing that goes when it comes to riding a Kawi. In my case, I think it's too late to fix.

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

+1 Zokas in Pine
    Also, Bucksnort north of Pine, but you gotta ride a little dirt to get there.
    (Unless it's been paved in the last few years.)

Dinky Dairy on 285 in Fairplay (looks like a glorified tuff-shed) is a great stop for a chocolate malt and a dog.

I'f your doing the front range... The Red Dolly in Central City is great, and a great deal too. My personal favorite: The Katmandu Restaurant in Nederland.
    2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200
    04 R1... it looked fast for a reason (gone)