Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Best Places to Ride to Eat?

Re: Best Places to Ride to Eat?

This has probably been posted already, and I'm glad the Mountain Rose (mtn air lover) is listed here for breakfast, but another great choice if your coming to WP is Lewis Sweet Shop! (sure alot of people have been to it) I cant get over there tacos. There pulled pork tacos are consistently good and cheap. The current owners Peggy and Bernie are extremely friendly and enjoy the presence of bike people. Great Place!

www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Bump, for a few places I recently found:

El Rancho Bar in Durango, CO.
    A locals hangout on Main st that has a great basic (large) breakfast of eggs, hash browns, and meats served with a stack of toast from the Durango Diner next door.

Pachellis in Monte Vista, CO.
    Huge meatball sandwiches. Fresh salads and pasta. They close at 3pm but somehow each year we get there by 1pm and end up closing down the joint. The owner usually piles on the food and gives us all the bread we can eat.

Serious Texas BBQ in Durango, CO.
    Great bbq, seriously.

Christina's (next to Best Western) Durango, CO.
    Their ham steak breakfast .. for carnivores only; dinner plate sized bone-in slab o' ham, plus the usual helpings of eggs and hash browns. Southwestern green chilie served up right.

W Cafe in Gunnison, CO.
    Open faced sammiches with mashed taters and gravy for lunch. Yum!

Q-4-U, Frisco.
    Don't order their peach cobbler unless you have a big tankbag to take it home.
    Last edited by asp_125; Mon Jun 11th, 2012 at 12:30 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Q-4-U

F-T-W!!!

best burnt ends
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Don’t be mad at me. Alright... I have searched and searched... Is the road to Bucksnort paved or not? I am headed up tomorrow to be there when they open. I am taking my wife as a passenger and not really excited to have to deep wash my bike AGAIN. If it is not paved, how long is it dirt/ compacted asphalt?
    Anyone want to have lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Don’t be mad at me. Alright... I have searched and searched... Is the road to Bucksnort paved or not? I am headed up tomorrow to be there when they open. I am taking my wife as a passenger and not really excited to have to deep wash my bike AGAIN. If it is not paved, how long is it dirt/ compacted asphalt?
    Anyone want to have lunch?
    I had heard it's sort of a loose chip seal now. Went through it early in the summer and it was a mix of old compacted asphalt and some packed dirt, supposed to be better now. Rideable on a street bike but you don't want to be pushing it.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

It is just as you say, rough asphalt covered in areas by dirt. Not bad though as long as you are going slow. Saw Bucksnort, and went back on down the hill and had a great lunch a Zoka's.
    Glad I went, what a cool and bizarre road Bucksnort is on.

My son and I just had some awesome BBQ at a new place in Superior, Wayne's Texas BBQ. It's near Target and Office Max.

They are open on Tuesday through Saturday and they are open until they sell out of food for the day. It's a bit pricey, but the food is excellent.
    2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 (SOLD)
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Stupidity should be painful.