Thread: Good news for CO motorcyclists (HB-1104) - but your help is still needed...

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Good news for CO motorcyclists (HB-1104) - but your help is still needed...

Just got this via email from the AMA:
    Attention Colorado Motorcyclists!
    Good News - House Bill 1104 is moving.

Colorado motorcyclists interested in supporting legislation that toughens penalties for certain traffic offenses that result in injury or death should review the latest Action Alert in the Colorado StateWatch area of the AMA Rapid Response Center or click here to go directly to the Action Alert.

Take a few minutes to contact your state senator in support of HB-1104.
    Please click on one of the above links and contact your state senator to let them know that you support HB-1104!

PS: For more information on House Bill 1104, please see the posts by ABATEStateCoord in this thread.
    Last edited by Spiderman; Tue Mar 18th, 2008 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Added link to more info about HB 1104
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

AKA "Devaclis"

Re: Good news for CO motorcyclists (HB-1104) - but your help is still needed...

Done, son.

I saw a great T-shirt from Denver that said:

"Loud pipes - $500"
    "Kill a biker - $35"
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Completed through the AMA site. It was fast and easy. Thanks Bob.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Done

Emailed it today.
    " Dream as if you will Live Forever,,, Live as if you will Die Today ! "

AKA "Devaclis"

More support you peeps. WHO on this site, let alone 2 wheels, does this not effect? Show some support you lazy sons a guns !
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Done.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Well, this blows…

After Colorado's House and Senate added unfavorable amendments initiated by the trucking industry to House Bill 1104, sponsor Rep. Don Marostica decided to kill the bill. "We need to make sure the justice system has the proper tools to discourage dangerous behaviors like right-of-way offenses," Rep. Marostica said. The original bill was initiated to close a legal loophole and create appropriate consequences for persons failing to yield right-of-way. The final amendments drastically changed the bill and essentially would have created an even larger legal loophole for right-of-way offenses with insufficient penalties. "A failure-to-yield crash can have dire consequences," said Sen. Greg Brophy, bill co-sponsor. "Our laws should not treat these offenses lightly.”
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I don't have my bike yet I support it. I have seen devistating bike accidents on the web and it discusses me. That could be anyone. Cars have no sence with bikers. I was driving in my car today and 2 people at different times drove in front of me nearly hitting me. Neither of them waved and said sorry or anything but kept on going as if nothing happend. If I was on my bike I could of been hit. I support it my company will support it too.

thats how I feel in a non-violent way lol lol
    Last edited by r6srider; Tue Apr 8th, 2008 at 12:26 AM.

I just sent the e-mail.