Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STOLEN - 99 YAMAHA R1 RED/WHITE

STOLEN - 99 YAMAHA R1 RED/WHITE

I am SO PISSED!!!!!!!

The bike was pinned between a concrete wall, concrete pillar, and 2 cars. The only way they could steal it is if they lifted it up or moved on of the cars. Well, the mother-fuc*ers did it.

Looks like they were able to push my girl friends honda back and lift the bike enough to get it out. The really fuc*ed up part is that it woke me up, I heard them drive the bike out of the garage because I said to myself "thats a cold dude right there"....

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways it is a 1999 RED/WHITE YAMAHA R1, tags are Kansas and say "SUGAR" if for whatever reason someone saw it....Will post this in the STOLEN section also.

Re: STOLEN - 99 YAMAHA R1 RED/WHITE

that sux.... hope you had insurance.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

damn, that really sucks man. I hope you get it back.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

posted a bulletin on myspace, I'll let ya know if someone says something
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6

THOSE BASTARDS!!!!

Damn, sorry about the loss.

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

No fucking way, I can't believe that shit. I'm sorry to hear about this.
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Not to sound like an asshole, but you had fair warning something was going to happen ( bike was tampered with on the 24th). It sucks, but you took the easy solution and now your out a bike.
    Last edited by konichd; Sun Mar 30th, 2008 at 06:38 PM.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    Not to sound like an asshole, but you had fair warning something was going to happen. It sucks, but you took the easy solution and now your out a bike.

Wrong! You do sound like an asshole.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

^^^ I missed you at Brothers BBQ today Randy

Here's my point. You came out and your ignition had been tampered with. You should have A) installed a low-jack or alarm like a lot of people recommended B) take it to a friends place for a week or two C) Got it in a storage unit for safe keeping.

When my R6 got stolen it was in the bed of my pickeup, up against a fence, under a car port. 4 guys + 1 Van = gone in 20 seconds.
    Last edited by konichd; Sun Mar 30th, 2008 at 05:49 PM.

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

What steps are their to prevent any bike from becoming stolen? Does any method work? I say a gun or a pit bull tied to the bike is the only prevention. Sorry homie

Sorry David...watched it while I was playing a hold'em tourney down the road at Indigo Joe's. Good turnout like last week? Heh...funny thing is, out of about 80 people in the place, I was the only one watching the race.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

LoJack doesn't keep it from getting stolen, BUT it does allow the cops to track it and recover it. A lot of time they catch the criminal with the bike and get him off the streets. That is why my FZ1 got LoJack the first week I got it.

I also agree with konichd, you should have put it at a friends house or a somewhere else after they attempted to steal it. It would have gave to time to figure out a better way to secure it.

I hope you get it back, or at least insurance helps you get a knew bike.
    "Ride Naked!"
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 (Fazer)
    1984 Kawasaki 250 4-stroke enduro
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L V8 (Gas Whore)

What's the going price for LoJack and the install?

^^^LoJack has an excellent recovery rate on bikes, while you can't prevent a bike from getting stolen, you can take steps to make it to difficult so the thieves move on.

Quote Originally Posted by *GSXR~SNAIL* View Post
    What's the going price for LoJack and the install?
    Its around $900 parts and labor. I know that sounds expensive and will scare a lot of people away. The benefits however are priceless. For $900 you can get your $8000+ bike tracked by the cops, you get the early warning key fob (LoJack calls you after you bike has been moving for 5 min if the key fob isn't near it), you can also get up to $5000 for a new bike on top of what insurance gives you if they do not recover the bike in 30 days, and finally you get a little peace of mind knowing your bike can be tracked if stolen.
    "Ride Naked!"
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 (Fazer)
    1984 Kawasaki 250 4-stroke enduro
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L V8 (Gas Whore)

^^^ +1

Sorry about your bike. I really hope that the losers that stold it get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by RyNo24 View Post
    Its around $900 parts and labor. I know that sounds expensive and will scare a lot of people away. The benefits however are priceless. For $900 you can get your $8000+ bike tracked by the cops, you get the early warning key fob (LoJack calls you after you bike has been moving for 5 min if the key fob isn't near it), you can also get up to $5000 for a new bike on top of what insurance gives you if they do not recover the bike in 30 days, and finally you get a little peace of mind knowing your bike can be tracked if stolen.

Thanks for the info. RyNo24

Krypo NY chain and lock is pretty much unbreakable without a torch, so long as you have something solid to chain the frame to…about $120.

Sorry to hear your bike got jacked…low-life bastard thieves!
    Last edited by FZRguy; Sun Mar 30th, 2008 at 11:57 PM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Graphical location --- as opposed to high crime rate areas ---- should work better than any Master lock

My advice --- move your sorry ass out of the problematic location

Yeah I know ---- I'm such an out of touch asshole that has happenstanced across your situation,
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Yes I could've done more....I ordered the ignition module, will be here tomorrow and the steering was locked so it was just real inconvenient to get it moved, guess I know better next time.

I want to KILL those Mf'rs

F'in sucks dude. The determination of ass-sucking, theiving scum knows no bounds. Hope the insurance thing is all straight.
    Hope someone spots something and reports with tales of heinous violence to the fuckers.

G.

Dude that sucks! I hope they get caught soon so you can get bake on a bike. One of my friends back home had two four wheelers stolen that were chained up to a tree for sale and he didn't find out who did it until 6mos later. They were beat to $hit and one was in pieces, spray painted the plastics on the other one and basically made them worthless. I hope you get a safe return of your bike and those f'ers get what they deserve.

Sorry to hear about your bike. With as much security as Belmar has roaming the area, I'm surprised you've had so many problems. Did you discuss the vandalism/breakins with their security center? Just curious. We often eat out in Belmar and there are usually security trucks driving around the parking lots checking on the cars.