Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STOLEN - 99 YAMAHA R1 RED/WHITE

Re: STOLEN - 99 YAMAHA R1 RED/WHITE

Chance plates saying "SUGAR" are already gone - 100%
    Chance bike is still in one piece right now - 15%
    Chance you'll find the fuckers - 0%

Bottom line is steering locks are easy to break, pinned bikes can be lifted, wheels can be removed. If you've got a determined thief then lojack & insurance are all ya got go'n for ya. What you've gotta do is make sure that your bike is harder to steal than the one next to it. Or better yet, get a garage so that bored hoodlums drive by and go "what bike?" Best way to keep your bike from being stolen - what they can't find they can't steal. good luck man
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

sorry to hear about your bike!! my boyfriend was telling me this story, and i was like..OMG i would be PISSED!! i hope they find it!! or your insurance covers it!
    i feel bad because i just got your message about riding =/
    take care!!

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Lay off the man DK, he just got his bike swiped and it sounds like he did increase his security measures.
    Most theives wouldn't go though that much actual physical effort to steal a 9 year old bike.

S/R,
    Based on the age of the bike I'd bet it's some punks in your neighborhood and not a pro or semi-pro theif.
    They'll be shooting off their mouths and showing it off to friends over the next week.
    Post a flyer up with even just a $100 reward and one of the local hood rats will narc them out.

Then we all get together and beat the shit outta the dirtbags and get your bike back.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sortarican View Post
    Lay off the man DK, he just got his bike swiped and it sounds like he did increase his security measures.
    Most theives wouldn't go though that much actual physical effort to steal a 9 year old bike.

S/R,
    Based on the age of the bike I'd bet it's some punks in your neighborhood and not a pro or semi-pro theif.
    They'll be shooting off their mouths and showing it off to friends over the next week.
    Post a flyer up with even just a $100 reward and one of the local hood rats will narc them out.

Then we all get together and beat the shit outta the dirtbags and get your bike back.

that sounds good for sure.

anyway, you have to get an actual chain lock and put it around the swing arm. (sorry if you did that and I just missed it). I honestly wouldnt leave mine out for even one night. I swear that I actually have my bikes chained together inside my garage most of the time. Just trying to make it easier to steal somebody elses bike then it would be to steal mine.

LoJack for sure, but it's fuckign $900 (at least, that's what I was quoted on the new bike).

If I had lojack on my bike I'd leave it out every night of the week HOPING it gets stolen, just so that I can track that motherfucker and he can get busted. I'd get more joy out of someone getting busted than I would knowing I'm gonna get the bike back. Then after it's recovered, I'd leave it out to get stolen again, just for fun, lol

Sorry to hear about the bike man, but how in the HELL did they move one of the cars to get the bike out? Was it left in N or something? parking brake broken? keys in the ignition?
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

I dont think will really get the chance to see it up here.. But i got my eye out for the bike around here for ya...
    "If you love something, let it go... If it comes back to you, you've just high sided!"

'01 GSXR 750~Scorpion Exhaust~Carbon rear wheel cover, chain guard, intake, mirrors and signals~Targa Windscreen

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Belmar? Is that where you live? I went there to watch a movie and when i came out my ignition was jacked up. It pissed me off to no end. The security on their segways were no help either. Hit me up when you get it back you can park it at my house. I live real close to belmar.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

I actually got the bike back today, see the recovered post about the 99 R1 in the south central section.

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

And what happened?
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

The other post explains it all....interesting story, its a must read for victims to read.

Given the opportunity to remedy the situation, there are no vicitms.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Glad you got your bike back man, but I'd definately find another place to park it/better security lest something more than an 18 punk eyes your bike
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]