Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 99 YAMAHA R1 STOLEN & RECOVERED

Re: 99 YAMAHA R1 STOLEN & RECOVERED

Quote Originally Posted by sugarrey
    Question: Has anyone ever sued anyone because of damage to their stolen property? I want to bury this fuc*er!
    pointless to sue... he probably has nothing of value. thankgod for insurance.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    pointless to sue... he probably has nothing of value. thankgod for insurance.
    werd...

collect your insurance and let them make this kid's life a living hell to recuperate their losses. That's what you pay them for and it's one thing they're good at!
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Glad you got your bike back.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

You know a couple things to prove the stupidity of the idiot who stole it:

1. He left my "SUGAR" kansas plate on it
    2. He was driving it down my street after stealing it from my house 2 days later.
    3. He stole a bike that is rare these days, a 99 R1. He could've stole a 2004,2005, 2006 R1 and could've been one of hundreds. Not 1 of 2 in Denver (Red and White) that I know of.

What a moron, but Im glad he is otherwise I would've never seen it again.

Dissconected from this world

I have a real nice thick leather belt and a whole lot of anger

Who are his know associates?

He had to learn his "trade" from someone else who had success at it.

Those same parties could be responsible for other bike thefts.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Didnt you say he lives in your apt complex? I would be moving if I were you. What happens if he just gets slapped with a fine or probation? Will he be living next to you? That would be an akward encounter haha.

Quote Originally Posted by merlotSV View Post
    Didnt you say he lives in your apt complex? I would be moving if I were you. What happens if he just gets slapped with a fine or probation? Will he be living next to you? That would be an akward encounter haha.
    Better yet, get a restraining order against him and his family. Then it almost forces THEM to move...
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

He wrecked you bike. I don't know what's worse getting your bike stolen or getting back all messed up. Will insurance make you whole again?
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

Quote Originally Posted by Webman View Post
    Better yet, get a restraining order against him and his family. Then it almost forces THEM to move...

+1, if you can get a restraining order that would be ideal if you don't plan on moving any time soon. i think they range from a 100 yards to 500 yards or more that they have to stay away from you.

Getting back stolen/vandalized property sucks, it's like a piece of you was abused. Alan had his trailblazer broken into and some things stolen from it, after that happened he felt like he was violated or something and the trailblazer just didn't feel like his anymore, so he sold it. Our neighbor said the same thing about one of his cars that got broken into also.

whatever you decide to do, if you keep this bike or get another one, make sure you get it secured so this guy and his friends don't get it again.

glad you got it back though.
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    At this point in time, I'd leave the kid alone. Hate to be devil's advocate on this one, but since you've posted the guy's name & your intentions to hurt him on a public forum, he can legally sue you AND press charges if he can prove that you or anyone else with whom you're affiliated (i.e. anyone on this board) harmed him or acted in a retaliatory way.

That said, if the fucker's dumb enough to ride a stolen bike past its owner, then he probably can't even spell sue, let alone J. G. Wentworth...
    Y - This kid is not worth any more of your time. You got the bike, he's going to court (likely again), and hopefully jail..

"Live by the sword, die by the sword"

Like I need your support

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

.... if he can prove that you or anyone else with whom you're affiliated (i.e. anyone on this board) harmed him or acted in a retaliatory way....
    "IF".....it's all about the "IF".
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

well how many guys are there running around Denver with sleeveless Repsol jackets?
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

well how many guys are there running around Denver with sleeveless Repsol jackets?

it's tha gun show baby!!!
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Congrats getting it back....Your right about it not feeling the same, you mind will play tricks on you making you think it's been molested. My wifes car got stolen and vandalized we got it back the next day and she got in it and got right back out. She said it didn't feel like hers anymore...Few weeks later, brand new car.
    98 VFR 800 (Old faithful)
    06 Sprint ST 1050 (Sexual Chocolate)

AKA "Devaclis"

Vigilante justice, in the long run, is only slightly less effective than the judicial system.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    +1, if you can get a restraining order that would be ideal if you don't plan on moving any time soon. i think they range from a 100 yards to 500 yards or more that they have to stay away from you.

Getting back stolen/vandalized property sucks, it's like a piece of you was abused. Alan had his trailblazer broken into and some things stolen from it, after that happened he felt like he was violated or something and the trailblazer just didn't feel like his anymore, so he sold it. Our neighbor said the same thing about one of his cars that got broken into also.

whatever you decide to do, if you keep this bike or get another one, make sure you get it secured so this guy and his friends don't get it again.

glad you got it back though.
    You can't get a restraining order unless you feel threatened. And even then it's only two months, at which point if there are no "events" would expire. If he threatens you THEN you could get one for a year.

Best choice if you can, is the move at some point.

Like I need your support

you go two months paying rent on a place you can't live in and see how long you stick around! Altho +1 on the move. At the very least, rent a garage or storage space, or find a buddy's garage that you can stash the bike in for awhile. Not every day is perfect riding weather, so you won't have to feel like you're missing the best part of the season like you would if this had happened in June/July/August
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

BTW did you report this to the land lord? What did they say?

Like I need your support

Quote Originally Posted by ihavealegohead View Post
    You can't get a restraining order unless you feel threatened. And even then it's only two months, at which point if there are no "events" would expire. If he threatens you THEN you could get one for a year.

Best choice if you can, is the move at some point.
    That is true it would be tough to get a restraining order against him unless there was a threat.

I still can't get over the fact this guy would just ride the stolen bike down your block. Drugs or alcohol had to play a role........

Quote Originally Posted by DeeStylez View Post
    Drugs or alcohol had to play a role........
    ...in his birth
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by sugarrey View Post
    1. He left my "SUGAR" kansas plate on it
    Wait... your liscense plate said "SUGAR" ???.

Ummmmm.... ok.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

Quote Originally Posted by ihavealegohead View Post
    like a physical threat, a threat on your life, a threat on your safety, a threat on your property? i would think that if he said that he felt afraid and threatened that this punk could act out and inflict harm on him or his property because he was caught then that would or should count as feeling threatened.

I had a restraining order against someone because i felt threatened by this guy because he was stalking me, calling my family and friends and work, though there was no physical threat or proof, I was able to obtain a restraining order. This was maybe 6 years ago, so i'm not sure if things have changed since then or if each case is handled differently.

It's just a suggestion and something worth looking into, if they give him one then great! for the next few months this guy will have to stay away, possibly forcing him to move out, or give Sugar time to move out. If not, then at least it's one step taken to try and protect himself and his property.
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

A former neighbor stole my dirt bike from inside my apt back in August. Let the DA handle this punk re charges, court, etc. Depending on his record, doubtful he’ll see any serious jail time (you have a better case than me tho). One of the guys caught got 3 years probation, 80 hours comm service, and around 4k in restitution. He was sentenced in December and I called today to find out the status of any payments I might receive. Also, a restraining order was automatic at the time of sentencing in my case.
    John
    KTM Duke 690