Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 99 YAMAHA R1 STOLEN & RECOVERED

Re: 99 YAMAHA R1 STOLEN & RECOVERED

Actually, I think I received the restraining order in the mail before sentencing. Ask the DA about it when he contacts you.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

well the good thing is that he is 18.. so he will be convicted as an adult for the charge of Grand Theft Auto, will probably also get eluding and resisting arrest for running.. Not to mention any other charges, warrents etc that he may have out on his head..

Make sure that you pursue those charges man, put that punk where he belongs. in prison for years on end... screw the whole theory about how prison doesn't help kids crap.. stealing cars and motorcycles dont help kids, prison helps us screw the kid that stole your shit!...

Glad you got it back tho man, thankfully it was a dumbshit that stole your bike though.
    "If you love something, let it go... If it comes back to you, you've just high sided!"

'01 GSXR 750~Scorpion Exhaust~Carbon rear wheel cover, chain guard, intake, mirrors and signals~Targa Windscreen

These are criminal charges, so it’s all up to the DA not the victim to press charges. I was all gung-ho about putting the punks away that jacked my bike too. Reality is that motor vehicle theft is so common the charges will be plea-bargained and the low-life will probably get something like the sentence I listed above. I can’t even get his probation officer to return my call and give me an update.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I'm new here but just to throw in my 2cents...

Glad you got it back, I hate theves with a passion and can't imagine what I'd do if I caught someone try'n to jack my truck or bike... think I'd be pleading temporary insanity.

about your bike though... most insurance companies I've seen deal with stolen motorcycles are VERY quick to Total the bike... especially if ANY damage was done... for example... I had a friend who had his R6 stolen and they popped the ignition out and dropped the bike when the cops saw the perp standing next to it on street... the insurance person said they would allow him to buy it back... but wouldn't even insure it ... so he got it back for 2000 (he was paid 8000 for it ) and now it's his track slut.

I personally would be a little wary about the bike especially if old dude was as big a moron as he sounds.

either way... congrats on the recovery...

Well the plot thickens......The detective called me today and said his bday is in september, he's 17!!!!!! So now mama's involved and mama has money. They are being evicted on the 15 of this month, I let the office know if they knew they had a 2 time felon living in the building and did nothing about it I would make the biggest "ripoffreport.com" page on alexan belmar....So they made a move. Got an estimate for my bike, $5595.00 from Coyote. That is to put it in the exact shape it was in before he stole it.

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    A former neighbor stole my dirt bike from inside my apt back in August. Let the DA handle this punk re charges, court, etc. Depending on his record, doubtful he’ll see any serious jail time (you have a better case than me tho). One of the guys caught got 3 years probation, 80 hours comm service, and around 4k in restitution. He was sentenced in December and I called today to find out the status of any payments I might receive. Also, a restraining order was automatic at the time of sentencing in my case.
    And who received the restitution?

Like I need your support

Quote Originally Posted by sugarrey View Post
    Well the plot thickens......The detective called me today and said his bday is in september, he's 17!!!!!! So now mama's involved and mama has money. They are being evicted on the 15 of this month, I let the office know if they knew they had a 2 time felon living in the building and did nothing about it I would make the biggest "ripoffreport.com" page on alexan belmar....So they made a move. Got an estimate for my bike, $5595.00 from Coyote. That is to put it in the exact shape it was in before he stole it.

Good Deal.
    2004 Blue GSX-R 600 Ghetto Fenderectomy

Not sure, waiting on the detective to tell me the court date. Found some more fuc*ked up shit on the bike today too. It's just a little bit everywhere but it adds up, including $1600 for a new frame. If they total the bike, will I get the value of the estimate or the blue/black book value?

Ins co. will def total it; current retail is $5245…less your deductible. As for my restitution, there won’t be any…he skipped town.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    Reality is that motor vehicle theft is so common the charges will be plea-bargained and the low-life will probably get something like the sentence I listed above.
    this is true, but you also gotta keep in mind that you are going to be adding on the offenses of eluding and resisting.. So yea not sure, my mom actually works for the DA's office so i will ask her for her .02 on what she thinks.. i think the sentence does depend on the mood of the judge and DA and crap.. but yea.. either way he was caught and hopefully he will see jail time.. ive seen some shit in the courts tho really bad.

A girl i grew up with was drinking and driving, lost control and ejected my friend out the back window and killed him.. she didn't see 1 day in jail and just got 2 years probation for the mess and some community service.. now if that isn't F-d up then i dont know what is..
    "If you love something, let it go... If it comes back to you, you've just high sided!"

'01 GSXR 750~Scorpion Exhaust~Carbon rear wheel cover, chain guard, intake, mirrors and signals~Targa Windscreen

It's nice the bike is back. But realisticly will this kid face any time for real our justice system is so screwy even murders get off easy these days. If it is his first time he might receive some jail time and pay fines then probation and a 2 class felony. I still agree he needs his *ss ripped. You can also humiliate him by tying him to a Walmart naked and covering him with shaving cream and take a picture of it and post it on youtube.com lol lol lol that would be the best revenge.

He’s 17, so probation, comm service, restitution is a lock, and it will be months before that happens. I know you’d like to see him slowly tortured, but forget it and focus on dealing with your insurance and getting a new bike.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

What all was messed up? did he cut the wires to hot wire it?

yes he did. the wiring harness, connectors and wires were all fucked up. Got a new switch so now its keyed again, but it always shows that its in neutral now.

Just a thought here, so bear with me.

Folks in jail/prison don't do well if they're child molesters. Could you make it known at his sentancing(if I could only spell) hearing, that you suspect he's taken innapropriate liberties with kids in the area, it could become a very painful self correcting issue while we pay for his room/board/broken bones???

Just a thought.

I wish I could do that, but I would rather pay one of his buddies to bushwack him one night before they go out stealing, and of course I want pictures or video.

Wow, that sucks man. It's good you got the bike back, but too bad about the condition. Since the f*cktard tried running from the police, I'm sure his sentencing will not be light as that alone shows the court he has no respect for authority and he knew what he was doing/had done was against the law.

Personally, I'd let the court handle the situation and then act on it. You don't want him to suddenly be the victim of a dangerous biker. Plus, me personally, I'd hire a lawyer and file a civil suit against him and his mother (since he's not 18 yet) naming them both on the suit. And definitely make sure your insurance company is going after the little bastard.
    Photogallery * Google+ * Facebook! * STFU
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    god bless thongs and low self esteem women.

My bad luck continues....Today I decided to call the prohbation officer that is in charge of getting my money from the little puke that stole my bike. Well she told me today that since the last time we were in court that he has stolen another bike and has 4 other pending cases against him (which she wasn;'t supposed to tell me, but I know her). Also she says that he told her he will not pay me the $5000+ he owes me, and he will not get a job.

Soooooooo...anyways.

He fucked up my bike, fucked up my girls car. Was ordered by the judge to pay. And he just simply says no (he's 18 btw). So the PO says that she is going to put him in jail and the restitution wil just goto collections. In which case she says I will probably never get a dime from him.

I cant believe this can actually happen.

Kewl for you! Hmm you figure after the SECOND BIKE he'd be tossed in the can. Some one castrate and cut the legs off of the little shit and I'd bet he'd stop then. Punk kid.
    - Fug-it.. Know your worth.
    - "SUV's get Groceries, Jeeps get Dirty"
    - '08 GSXR 600 Blue/White

I seriously want my money more than any harm to him...Now after I get my money.....wellll different story!

I hear cheese wire does some interesting things...
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

WTF is cheese wire?

like piano wire

Dude, you need to sue his mother. Small claims has a $ limit you can sue for but you don't need a lawyer for that. I think it's right at $5000. limit. It's under a hundred to file a suit. You should at least do that. He was 17 when it happened so that puts his mother liable for his shit.
    I may not go down in history, but I might go down on your sister!