Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IMI Sat. 4/5?

Keeper of The Great White Buffalo

Re: IMI Sat. 4/5?

I'm in see ya around 9

I am new at this site. Where is the track to race at? Maybe I can meet some members here and ride together.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

The track is up north at the Erie Dacono exit. It's a 1 mile track with 10 turns and in most ways is a bit too small for sportbikes. Most won't make it out of second gear. That being said, it's a place to ride around where there isn't gravel, guardrails or oncoming traffic. No racing...just some fun tracktime.

Scott

Was definitely good seeing old faces out there again!!!!

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Pretty good turnout today. I snapped a couple of pics:

In the ~5 hours I was there, three ambulance calls were made but none for any of the asphalt riders.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Big thanks to Ian for taking the time to come out for a tire change.....

Video posted in pics/vid section, sorry didn't get everyone on it
    Last edited by Slo; Sat Apr 5th, 2008 at 06:12 PM.

scott thanks again for bringing those boots out even though i ended up not needing them
    Knee2Ground Racing

Hello incase no one new their is a track made for goat carts here in Centennial Colorado next to Arapaho RD. They might allow bikers to ride the course also. Does anyone here live in Douglas County as I do to meet and discuss the club? Take care homies. Maybe we can all have a rocket pocket race at a track for fun then grill some killa steaks after wards. Peace Here is the address and contact info for veiwers.

The Track at Centennial
    Corporate Office 9797 East Easter Ave. Suite A.
    Centennial, CO 80112
    Phone: 303-708-9400
    Fax: 303-708-9401
    jim@thetrack.us

Site Admin

At this point "The Track" does not allow bikes of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by r6srider View Post
    Hello incase no one new their is a track made for goat carts here in Centennial Colorado next to Arapaho RD. They might allow bikers to ride the course also. Does anyone here live in Douglas County as I do to meet and discuss the club? Take care homies. Maybe we can all have a rocket pocket race at a track for fun then grill some killa steaks after wards. Peace Here is the address and contact info for veiwers.

The Track at Centennial
    Corporate Office 9797 East Easter Ave. Suite A.
    Centennial, CO 80112
    Phone: 303-708-9400
    Fax: 303-708-9401
    jim@thetrack.us

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by firefghtr View Post
    scott thanks again for bringing those boots out even though i ended up not needing them

My pleasure sir, I hope you had a great time!

Hello incase no one new their is a track made for "goat carts" here in Centennial Colorado next to Arapaho RD.
    Must be the same owners as this?

Newbie...Again!!! Lifetime Supporter ZX Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    Must be the same owners as this?
    2010 ZX-10R

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Hey Dirk, nice seeing you again last Thursday, as usual. I REALLY like your 20th anniversary-edition Gixxer 750. IMO, Suzuki REALLY f#cked up in not doing that for the 20th anniversary of the 1000 in '06. It would have been nice to have my original (Blu/Wht) '86 and an '06 as bookends. Ah well..... Maybe they'll pull their heads out and do a 25th anniversary edition? Just as long as they don't pull a "Hardley-Ableson" and do an "anniversary" edition every 5 friggin' years.....
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Hey Dirk, nice seeing you again last Thursday, as usual. I REALLY like your 20th anniversary-edition Gixxer 750.
    Thanks man. Great seeing you again and having some time to chew the fat Thursday evening. I hope to make it a regular trip again now that we've turned the corner on winter. Yeah, I really liked the paint scheme on the 20th anni model. Scott got some great shots of it in action on Saturday:

Hope you can get out there soon!

Dirk

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

The track is far did not know it was in queblo. Are the cops cool on the way their I know no body rides the speed limit it is a good place to open up your bike. I took my Jetta down their and opened it up to 117 MP but slowed due to high wind gusts. Just a question I am buying a 2007 or 2008 Yamaha R6s does anyone know the top speed of the bike and are their goveners on bikes as well as cars?

If your headed to the track or from, not trying to tell you how to ride, but you can get your aggressions out while at the track. IMI is where we were just at yesterday, just 10 miles north up on I-25 & 120th ave, Erie/Dacono exit.....

and im sure the top speed is prolly more than you'll need or every get to anyway. and bikes dont have goveners, they have rev limiters so you dont blow your engine
    Knee2Ground Racing

The track is far did not know it was in queblo. Are the cops cool on the way their I know no body rides the speed limit it is a good place to open up your bike. I took my Jetta down their and opened it up to 117 MP but slowed due to high wind gusts. Just a question I am buying a 2007 or 2008 Yamaha R6s does anyone know the top speed of the bike and are their goveners on bikes as well as cars?
    top speed is only important if you have a track with a long enough straight. at pueblo you should be able to hit 130 if you get a good drive out of ten. please dont be a fool and become another statistic by trying to reach top speed on the street. remember, things can and do happen even on the track, and especially on the street.
    Casey D

Quote Originally Posted by dragos13 View Post
    please dont be a fool and become another statistic by trying to reach top speed on the street.
    Yes, like the total fucktard Jay, Diego and I saw going home from the racing clinic. We were cruising along with heavy traffic on I-25 at about 70 or so and this dumbass came flying up on our right at 100+ easy and cut across all the lanes of traffic at close to full lean, all at once in between a bunch of cars. He is a statistic waiting to happen and by the looks of it, he won't have to wait long. I just hope he doesn't kill someone besides himself.

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    He is a statistic waiting to happen and by the looks of it, he won't have to wait long. I just hope he doesn't kill someone besides himself.
    +1

That guy was an idiot. I saw him coming from behind and was not speeding to much, but he caught up and immediately started getting excited to pass and show off to us, It seemed that way at least. Just his body language hinted to me what type of maneuver he was about to do… predictable retard.

D.
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

Yes, like the total fucktard Jay, Diego and I saw going home from the racing clinic. We were cruising along with heavy traffic on I-25 at about 70 or so and this dumbass came flying up on our right at 100+ easy and cut across all the lanes of traffic at close to full lean, all at once in between a bunch of cars. He is a statistic waiting to happen and by the looks of it, he won't have to wait long. I just hope he doesn't kill someone besides himself.

Dirk
    Quote Originally Posted by Vehicle 1 View Post
    +1

That guy was an idiot. I saw him coming from behind and was not speeding to much, but he caught up and immediately started getting excited to pass and show off to us, It seemed that way at least. Just his body language hinted to me what type of maneuver he was about to do… predictable retard.

D.
    Did you see him almost not make the express lane, cutting into the carpool lane? For a second, I didn't think he would make it..... But yeah, can't you tell that I am thoroughly impressed?

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    Did you see him almost not make the express lane, cutting into the carpool lane? For a second, I didn't think he would make it..... But yeah, can't you tell that I am thoroughly impressed?
    Yeah, I thought we were about to see a body rolling under multiple cars. If he keeps riding like that, it won't be long. Lady Luck will be looking the other way at some point. I guess he exited before that motorcycle cop we saw with the radar gun. He was going lose-your-bike speed.

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Thanks man. Great seeing you again and having some time to chew the fat Thursday evening. I hope to make it a regular trip again now that we've turned the corner on winter. Yeah, I really liked the paint scheme on the 20th anni model. Scott got some great shots of it in action on Saturday:

Hope you can get out there soon!

Dirk
    Suh-WHEET! Nice pic! Isn't it blasphemy wearing an old Spencer helmet though? Needs to get yat a Schwantz helmet ta match!
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Suh-WHEET! Nice pic! Isn't it blasphemy wearing an old Spencer helmet though? Needs to get yat a Schwantz helmet ta match!
    My Schwantz replica is toast. I just have it on display in the garage. I bought the Spencer replica for the Hondas but I like it so much more than my RF-1000 (matches the Gixxer's paint scheme) that I wear it all the time. If they make a Schwantz replica in the RX7, I'll probably get one.

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson