Thread: BMW/Ducati of Southern Colorado

Clever Custom User Title Lifetime Supporter Jaydoc's Avatar

BMW/Ducati of Southern Colorado

Anyone have any experience with them in terms of both sales and or service? Just curious how they are in terms of customer service. Do they adhere to Ducati's pricing for scheduled maintenance or are they way above? (i.e. Ducati says the 600 mile service for a new 1098 should cost ~ $150. Do they charge way above that for unneeded work?)

Any info would be great.
    Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9
    Not a slam, but I am curious if you've been on the board for 3 years, even if you've just been reading the board, why does this thread surprise you? I mean it's pretty much par for the course on here.

Re: BMW/Ducati of Southern Colorado

I dealt with them when I got here for my BMW, and while they were nice enough, over the next year they managed to get something wrong exactly half the time. My last scheduled service took longer than it should have, but they did do a throurough job.

But after my last dealing with them I finally had to call it quits and start ordering parts online, becuase I got tired of taking mine back. Their tire prices were better than the other dealers here in Springs, but not as cheap as I can get them online and mounted and balanced here.

For Ducs, I only know of one guy here who had a Multistrada. He was not happy and ended up taking his to Denver.

I haven't heard of them screwing up catastrophicly, but for me it was a lack of attention to detial. But I am kinda of a fussy sumbitch, and I had the same beef with my last dealer after they picked up Ducatti. So honestly, I would say give them a shot.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydoc View Post
    Ducati says the 600 mile service for a new 1098 should cost ~ $150.
    Jaydoc,
    If you’ve got a 1098, that must be a lot of fun!
    I can offer some service feedback: I brought them a Ducati that needed the belts changed, idle adjusted, and few other things as well, and they did a great job. They were quick about it, the mechanic, Kevin I believe, answered my many questions, and the bike has been running perfectly. I’ve added about 4K miles to the odometer since they worked on it. So I would also have to recommend giving them a try. Dave

Clever Custom User Title Lifetime Supporter Jaydoc's Avatar

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate it.

I don't actually have the 1098 yet and that's sort of the reason for this post. I'm still trying to talk myself into a Ducati. There was a post over on Ducatispot about the wide range dealers across the country were charging for the scheduled maintenance visits. Some were probably padding their profit, some probably actually had the customers best interests at heart and were doing more at the visit because they believed they needed to.

Some of my hesitancy in buying the 1098 has been because I'm down here in Pueblo and don't have ready access to a Ducati wrencher. Also I'm always hesistant about the first model year of any vehicle and sure enough there were some serious phantom stalling issues with the first model year. There continue to be customers getting the same issue although the 1098 seems much more ironed out this year. So now I'm seriously looking at them again.

Thanks again.
    Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9
    Not a slam, but I am curious if you've been on the board for 3 years, even if you've just been reading the board, why does this thread surprise you? I mean it's pretty much par for the course on here.