Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: trackday april 14th

Re: trackday april 14th

twice i geared up and headed for the track and got stopped by someone saying i couldnt go out cause class was on the track......but it's all good and it has been since yesterday. then someone spouted off about me being an asshat for my opion in my posts....if everyone would just let it go that would be great....cause i'm not here to make enemies and i didnt attack or talk shit about anyone.....i was just stating an opion....
    drop a gear and disappear....

Asshat Racing:Mra #228
    2002 r6 street,akrapovic slip-on,flush mounts,Ohlins steering dampener
    2000 r6 race (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
    twice i geared up and headed for the track and got stopped by someone saying i couldnt go out cause class was on the track......but it's all good and it has been since yesterday. then someone spouted off about me being an asshat for my opion in my posts....if everyone would just let it go that would be great....cause i'm not here to make enemies and i didnt attack or talk shit about anyone.....i was just stating an opion....
    yeah ok bro
    Casey D

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

I think everyone can agree it was a great day to ride.

And here ya go...a little something to break the tension:

Attachment 7432 Attachment 7431
    Last edited by Sortarican; Wed May 14th, 2008 at 10:37 AM.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

yes it was a great day. thanks for the tension breaker sorta............

2000 r6 race (sold)

waste of time, nevermind.
    Last edited by dragos13; Tue Apr 15th, 2008 at 04:35 PM. Reason: ok i'll drop it :-)
    Casey D

too late, i already saw it....but thx for the edit.....

2000 r6 race (sold)

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragos13 View Post
    ...i mean, i thought 80 degrees, sunny and no wind was about as good as a day could get (even with those dam girls holding their school there without telling us first )
    LOL,
    Yeah Casey, the only negative thing people had to deal with was probably all the glare from you Youngblood's sporting your fishbelly white winter skin tones.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sortarican View Post
    LOL,
    Yeah Casey, the only negative thing people had to deal with was probably all the glare from you Youngblood's sporting your fishbelly white winter skin tones.
    hey man, thats why im working on the preseason tan lol. first day this year that i didn't need my cold gear armour on.
    Casey D

Easily distracted by shiny objects and bouncy things jplracing's Avatar

Jesus Christ!

Let me get this straight, Mayhem you are complaining about not being "notified" that a class was taking place. Am I correct?

For what it is worth, the womens class was scheduled last year as a means to assist new (female) riders in gaining there race license and help us (the MRA) with there new class. Point number two...I bet if you were paying attention, you would have noticed the class was going out. Shit when I run my classes I am pretty damn clear when we are out and when we are not.

Now if I understand your previous posts, it seems that you are complaining about how the track day went and was scheduled. As Ugly Dog posted you have an option to go to Miller, Hastings etc...and pay $300 ish dollars for a track day and receive less than half the track time you get at a typical PMP day. Seriously if you have a problem or concern, please bring it up with professionalisum (Sp?) to the correct people and they will be more than happy to address it (if valid). In the meantime please go ahead, talk shit, complain and piss people off..... see were that gets us in terms of track usage

For fuck sake...track days are suppose to be fun, not drama ridden by people on a internet forum

www.rebellionmotorsports.com

Grant_me_revs personal snake catcher!!

since ppl wont let it die.....the only point i was trying to make, is that, if there is classes going on on a trackday, then we should only have to pay 50.00 for a half day since thats all we get to ride, cause class takes up the other half......now if thats talkin shit and pissin ppl off then im sorry. it had nothing to do with the ladies. it just would of been nice to have a little more info in the start of the thread to convey that there was gonna be a class....thats it. no shit talkin, no attacking ppl.and im not complaining about how it went, i had a blast, but ppl keep reading shit into my original posts.....

For fuck sake...track days are suppose to be fun, not drama ridden by people on a internet forum.

exactly, so stop with the drama...

my posts were from the day before, and i was just making a suggestion about trackdays (if theres gonna be a class).....

2000 r6 race (sold)

since ppl wont let it die.....the only point i was trying to make, is that, if there is classes going on on a trackday, then we should only have to pay 50.00 for a half day since thats all we get to ride, cause class takes up the other half......now if thats talkin shit and pissin ppl off then im sorry. it had nothing to do with the ladies. it just would of been nice to have a little more info in the start of the thread to convey that there was gonna be a class....thats it. no shit talkin, no attacking ppl.and im not complaining about how it went, i had a blast, but ppl keep reading shit into my original posts.....

For fuck sake...track days are suppose to be fun, not drama ridden by people on a internet forum.

exactly, so stop with the drama...

my posts were from the day before, and i was just making a suggestion about trackdays (if theres gonna be a class).....

Casey D

Very good times at the track!!!! I love the warm weather.

Turn 10, when you hit the drag strip, its a bit slippery. I almost lost it there twice.

I also road off the track twice. Turn 7 early on and turn 8 late in the day. Good thing for the desert run off!!!

Got tons of track time too. The girls were on for 20 min of every hour of the afternoon only. Spaced out breaks nicely!

Can't wait to go back Friday for the MRA school!

Anyone know a link for photos? I saw a couple people shooting out there.

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO View Post
    Hey,

Just posting up a big thanks to everyone for a successful day. James, it was great to meet you guys and hope you can make it to the races at the end of the month!

I'll have some pictures up late this evening, if other have some pics it would be great to see them.

80 degrees, sunny, almost no wind. A nearly ideal day.

:-)
    I hope I can too Scott! Good to meet you and thanks for the advice. Thanks for posting up the pictures!

I was happy with the time I got out there. I think I got on the track at 12:40 pm and stil had enough time to do 106 miles. Not bad for 50 bucks!

for all of you that are twisting my words around and turning this into a witch hunt can fuck off...i dont care what you think. and i'm tired of explaining myself. so go call each other and decide what to post next...

2000 r6 race (sold)

for all of you that are twisting my words around and turning this into a witch hunt can fuck off...i dont care what you think. and i'm tired of explaining myself. so go call each other and decide what to post next...
    trust me bro, you have nothing to explain. your posts on this forum and the MRA speak clearly.
    Casey D

Hey guys reading over the post I agree with mayhem. So are you all going to start in on me how im wroug. And twist my words too. I'm looking at trying to race MRA next year. and want it be fun but if jump down someones throat for stating an option that really makes no diffrentance to you. Your going to keep people from wanting to comeout to trackdays or even try and race. Your making the sport look bad
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

I had posted earlier about how it works when there is someone else using the track on an open day. It was my first time.

So, I emailed Earlene to ask about it and she said it would be open track from 9-4. But when I go down there I was told about the sessions. 20 minutes for Vanmar and 40 for open track.

I can see where folks are coming from and maybe if you were there for a full day maybe there should be a reduction in the cost since you are losing 2:20 worth of track time.

But overall 75 bucks is soooo cheap for almost 5 hours of open track time.

And I'm not sure how it worked but I am happy that we were able to share the day with Vanmar or visa versa? Not sure how it worked? Because if we didnt share we would have not gotten any track time.

James

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
    So, I emailed Earlene to ask about it and she said it would be open track from 9-4. But when I go down there I was told about the sessions. 20 minutes for Vanmar and 40 for open track.

I can see where folks are coming from and maybe if you were there for a full day maybe there should be a reduction in the cost since you are losing 2:20 worth of track time.
    I'm not sure I see what the big deal is. Unless you're just putting around, you probably can't ride sessions of 40 minutes all day anyway. Check around at other tracks and you'll find that $75 would be a steal for half a day.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

I love the CSC these days!!

I with ya bro!! A lot of the people doggin' ya are very good friends of mine and I don't get it!! You're told open track and have to wait. It's just a matter of principal. If you're told one thing and delivered another...

This post was approved by someone who doesn't matter and IN NO WAY IS SAYING ANYTHING BAD ABOUT VANMAR RENTING THE TRACK!!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    I'm not sure I see what the big deal is. Unless you're just putting around, you probably can't ride sessions of 40 minutes all day anyway. Check around at other tracks and you'll find that $75 would be a steal for half a day.

Dirk
    I agree...that is what I posted that 75 bucks for 5 hours is a steal for sure!

But since 75 bucks = 7 hours in the past...

I am more than happy paying 75 for 5 hours. That is truly a steal!

I was paying 140 in dallas and that yielded me 2 whole hours

I do see what you are saying though you can't ride that much on the track.

Unless you are tinkering with your bike between rides and want to go out and ride what you just changed having a full open day without intermissions could be usefull.

I guess it is like gas prices...3.50 a gallon is a steal when you compare it to england. But of course we still gripe about it :P

The format yesterday was fine with me even though I showed up late in the day. It forced me to take breaks...maybe that is a good thing :P

James

I damn sure couldn't ride the track hard for even 4 hours straight! I don't know many racers that could either (or would want to! ) I am sure that "timing" was the only annoying factor. On an open track day you go when you want and stop when you want.
    Bashed Bikes, Fat Kids Inc., JDH Welding /Mental made me follow him into that corner... And then he followed me down that hill and then Dallas followed too!

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Good evening everyone. Looks like a good time in the good 'ol trackday thread going on here.

Mr. Mayhem, you say that you wish it had been posted that there was going to be a class earlier, and the truth is that YOU make the first post in this thread. 17 posts in I confirmed that there was going to be a class and the request of those running the class that we basically respect that going on. My complaint to you is that this was a known factor before you came. The class didn't start using the track until after noon and then only used the first 20 mins of each hour, so hardly half of the day being used up. I'm not trying to be an ass here, but you asked that the information not be twisted.

To the rest, the point is made and we can move on from this discussion, argument, confrontation or whatever it is now. What we have here is a failure to communicate and a difference of opinion. I had a great day and have a set of worn out tires to prove it. You can see some pictures that were taken with my camera here. I know there were others out taking photos and I hope that some of those get posted up too.

http://gallery.mac.com/scott.rybarik/100016

Scott
    Last edited by rybo; Wed Apr 16th, 2008 at 05:34 AM. Reason: added photo link

OK. I read all the posts so let's clear up something. If anyone wants to points a finger, please point it here.

I FORGOT ABOUT THE CLASS FOR THE GALS. ME... I.... OKAY.

Many people have worked their butts off for the motorcycle community at PMP. Joe, Mark, Scott, Glenn, Jay, myself-just to start. With PMP being the only track (for now) a few had the insight that if we didn't do something in 2007, the motorcycle venue would have very few days in 2008. All of us agreed our focus would be (1) How to keep open days safe (2) How to get as many days as possible for motorcycle enthusiast access to a track slammed with cars guys and private rentals wanting access to almost every day (3) How to keep the rates reasonable. Because of flexibility the rates have not changed for the last 2 years.

We did it. You got it. If in doubt of what I think read the kids book "The little Red Hen" then complain.

Now, what I hear almost everyday is "Why do you favor the bike guys". They get all the days. Before it was "You favor the car guys"? Damn a gal can't win.

Everyone... Jack down. It's about riding. It's about you and your motorcycle being on the last track (for now) in Colorado. It's about the bond built on actions not words by a handful of folks willing to step up and achieve safe, reasonable access for YOU to get away from the rest of your life. Have no doubt whatsoever PMP is YOUR track (for now). When the new track opens, we hope to see you again.

If ANYONE feels cheated by our rates or scheduling, email me at ene5348@yahoo.com and we'll get to the facts of how many things COULD have happened this year and that will really tick you off.

Now, back to riding and loving it. That should be the focus now.

Ene