Thread: Advanced Track Session, Pueblo April 21st, 9am-3pm

Advanced Track Session, Pueblo April 21st, 9am-3pm

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School

is proud to announce that an Advanced Track Session will be held at, Pueblo Motorsports Park, April 21st, 9am-3pm. Some of the points that will be covered: cornering lines, body position,and suspension set up. The class will also certify you for track days at Pueblo, or a MRA race certificate. Cost $295 call Ricky @303-666-6061 for details.

Pueblo Advanced Track Session and Race School* April 21st, 2008
    PMP

Ricky Orlando- 2007 MRA, Race of the Rockies GTU Champion

If you are looking to: carve off those extra seconds at PMI or learn to ride safer as suggested by many members of the CSC and MRA, get your race certification training, or just approved to ride PMI this is your opportunity.

The day will run from 9 am till 3 pm. Please call the Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School for details, class fee and to sign up at 303-666-6061. Ricky looks forward to speaking with you personally (Don't forget to mention to Ricky that you saw this on the CSC site).

*Ricky will be having an advanced race school with a suspension seminar.*
    Last edited by pilot; Mon Apr 14th, 2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Updated
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Re: Advanced Track Session, Pueblo April 21st, 9am-3pm

Monday... If I can get some special liberty for taking a "Motorcycle safety/skills course" so I'm prepared this year. Just might work.
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6

Quote Originally Posted by pauliep View Post
    Monday... If I can get some special liberty for taking a "Motorcycle safety/skills course" so I'm prepared this year. Just might work.
    The Department of Defense and all the branches of the military are currently reviewing several programs of advanced riding (I'm currently involved in a couple of projects) beyond the MSF Basic Rider Course. The issue is that numerous soldiers are coming back from service in war zones with a pocket full of hazard duty pay and blood full of "no-fear". Then, they buy the latest liter-bike and go fast...until they hit the corner-literally. If you take this course, or any other advanced riding course, like Total Control, etc., you can report back to your service with your findings and it would provide them with needed help in this matter. They may even pay for it as they do for the BRC. Do check into that, Paul. If your bosses need references about the value of added training, you can have them contact me and I will provide them with more information and military contacts that are in this process.

Rider Workshop-USA

*Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

When I did the paper work to have them pay for my BRC they wanted a copy of my MSF card. What paperwork is provided at the end of the course?
    2006 DRZ SM
    2008 R6

When I did the paper work to have them pay for my BRC they wanted a copy of my MSF card. What paperwork is provided at the end of the course?
    You will get a certificate of completion.

Rider Workshop-USA

Is this for April or May? Thought I double check since it was about a week of notice...
    2006 DRZ SM
    2008 R6

April, primarily as prep for any who would like a tune-up, final prep, for the season. Just like with pro golfers, they check in with a pro for adjustments here and there.

Rider Workshop-USA

Bump

Rider Workshop-USA

I got the day off, but I'm doubting the USMC will pay for a course that's "Advanced Track Session," Heck I think I'm supposed to sign a waiver for doing this, lol
    2006 DRZ SM
    2008 R6

I got the day off, but I'm doubting the USMC will pay for a course that's "Advanced Track Session," Heck I think I'm supposed to sign a waiver for doing this, lol
    Waiver, yes. The MSF, Total Control and most others require waivers. I do know that Total Control was being compensated for by the Air Force in San Antonio. When I taught in Dallas I had to go through the state to be pre-certified. I even had to sign waivers for that, ha. Then, for both full-days, there was a Texas Department of Public Safety Motorcycle Training Agent (who is also an MSF Ridercoach Coach) observing all of our training. It went well enough that Texas is looking at bringing on TC as a permanent training option. Perhaps we will see some of the same positions being held in Colorado down the road--with T3RG/TC, ROMS and others. The more support for training, the better.

Rider Workshop-USA

Anyone else sign up for the course yet?
    2006 DRZ SM
    2008 R6

I know that other riders outside of the CSC have. Look at it this way. I took one of my courses with Ricky (at IMI) on what looked to be a crappy weather day. It turned out to be sunny and warm. Out of six riders signed up only two showed. It was like having private lessons! At another training event at PMI we had a full class and that provided additional viewpoints to the instruction. Both ways a winner.

Rider Workshop-USA

agh, i forget to tell him that I saw this one the csc, opps!
    2006 DRZ SM
    2008 R6

Taken care of

Rider Workshop-USA

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Man, I'd love to go......but a littlew short on funds fighting X1 and (soon to be) X2 over those pesky custody issues......

Hope everyone has fun and stays safe (and damage-free!).
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Man, I'd love to go......but a littlew short on funds fighting X1 and (soon to be) X2 over those pesky custody issues......

Hope everyone has fun and stays safe (and damage-free!).
    Someday Frank, when you win the lottery. I Hope that the judge doesn't give it all away.

For the rest of the riders out there, you still have time to register and attend this valuable training.

Bump.

Rider Workshop-USA

im in if its still available

Quote Originally Posted by spdr8cr02 View Post
    im in if its still available
    It certainly is. Just give Ricky Orlando a ring. Enjoy.

Rider Workshop-USA

I am prepping my bike now. Hopefully in a couple hours everything will be back together and then time for a little test ride.

See ya tomorrow!

Glad to meet you Chris, Curtis, She'la Paul(nice name, lol), Tom, and John and everyone else that was there. We had a good class. Would have liked to have gotten more instruction on the track but I'm sure if that wasn't my first day there either I would have picked up more. So much for that warm sun on the way back home. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
    2006 DRZ SM
    2008 R6

Hey Paul, good to see you made it home ok. Hopefully you've warmed up by now. Thanks for the help today.
    Sheila Paul
    Instructor - Texas Tornado Boot Camp
    Race Official - MotoAmerica

Nice to meet everyone yesterday. Great to get on track.

Paul you'll pick up more as you get more track time. Some of those things you learned yesterday will sink in over time. Things that Ricky said will simply make more sense the more you are on track. It is always nice to get refreshers though, so later in the season or even at the beginning on next year it might be worth trying the school again to help solidify some of the points that were taught.