Quote Originally Posted by pauliep View Post
Monday... If I can get some special liberty for taking a "Motorcycle safety/skills course" so I'm prepared this year. Just might work.
The Department of Defense and all the branches of the military are currently reviewing several programs of advanced riding (I'm currently involved in a couple of projects) beyond the MSF Basic Rider Course. The issue is that numerous soldiers are coming back from service in war zones with a pocket full of hazard duty pay and blood full of "no-fear". Then, they buy the latest liter-bike and go fast...until they hit the corner-literally. If you take this course, or any other advanced riding course, like Total Control, etc., you can report back to your service with your findings and it would provide them with needed help in this matter. They may even pay for it as they do for the BRC. Do check into that, Paul. If your bosses need references about the value of added training, you can have them contact me and I will provide them with more information and military contacts that are in this process.