Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCBX View Post
I don't really think that those techs would think that the Buell is a "real bike" either. ... I just can't imagine buying one through an HD dealer. I can't imagine going in there with my full riding gear on and getting service, buying parts, etc.

If Buells were sold by stand alone dealers, then maybe. Not as a part of HD, not for me.
We sell numerous sportbike helmets, clothing, and riding gear and Buell-centric accessories that our sales volume can support. I have to sadly admit, this is rare in H'D/Buell dealers, even rarer at H-D only dealerships.

Several of our service techs have been to multi-day out of state Buell and specifically 1125 service training. Several of techs ride metric bikes, on-road and competitively in racing.

Without an extensive survey of employees at High Country H-D/Buell, on any given day employee owned bikes parked there include (model designations may be partial):

A Ducati Multistrada
A couple BMW GS1200R's I believe, the big dual-sports.
BMW RT1100
Honda VTX1300
Triumph Bonneville - both a retro and a classic
Triumph Daytona
Norton 850 Commando
Buell 1125r
Buell Ulysses
Buell XB9R
Several KTMs
Several highly Customized Buells

Sometimes when I walk into a McDonald's, I feel like I am just a number, other times, I actually get greeted by a real person because I treat them the same way. Chips are better when they fall then when worn on a shoulder.

Dave