Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My ever so brief love affair with an 1125R, Buell, and High Country HD/Buell

Re: My ever so brief love affair with an 1125R, Buell, and High Country HD/Buell

Sorry to hear about this experience, buying a new bike should be all happy. I agree, don't give up on the bike just because of a dealership, it's still a cool bike.

What about Rocky Mt. HD? I think they have Buells--my girlfriend took a rider course there last year on baby Buells. Got her M endorsement and had a v positive experience. Does anyone know if they carry the 1125R?

Re: My ever so brief love affair with an 1125R, Buell, and High Country HD/Buell

RMHD has the 1125R, and I'd bet dollars to donuts that Sun does as well.

I guess it's not so much about giving up on the bike itself, it's more of a lack of desire to support a company (be it HCHDB, Buell, HD, or whoever) that feels the need to conduct business this way. From the sounds of it, I'm not the first person to have such dealings while trying to buy a Buell. This is a common theme across websites regarding Buell dealers (or the lack thereof).

Plus, if Buell really gave a rip, they'd grow a pair and yank their bikes out of HD showrooms and get them into a more sportbike friendly environment. Until they do that, I'm perfectly fine with not giving them my money. They just seem to be content suckling off HD's teet and being a niche market bike. If it works for them, more power to them.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

James you are just too nice of a guy. Had you told them off after the first hour, they may have done something for you. You really should buy the exact same bike elsewhere and then ride it over there to rub it in.

Pilot - I grew up on a hog farm, but what the heck is this supposed to mean?? Who is the moron who made this comment?

The GM told me that he could afford to raise the price because, "Pigs get fat, and hogs get slaughtered." I took my deposit back
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Plus, if Buell really gave a rip, they'd grow a pair and yank their bikes out of HD showrooms and get them into a more sportbike friendly environment.
    I agree. It's not a bike that's well represented by HD shops. It's not a bike that generally appeals to them or their clientèle.

Buell can't pull out of HD dealerships because they are part of the HD corporate plan. The management at HD like that Buell brings in a different clientele. -Even if the idiots at the actual dealerships have their heads too far up their backsides to realize it.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

can't or won't?
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!

I think Buell can't and HD won't.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

RMHD has the 1125R, and I'd bet dollars to donuts that Sun does as well...
    I got my dirt bike from Sun. The customer service was great each time we were there and they're finance dept. didn't seem shady at all. Really liked the sales guy we worked with. The bikes there were about $1000 under everyone else's cost.

Well how's this for a "Smile on my face" closure.

Picked up my new 07 Roulette Green Triumph Speed III this afternoon.

Thank you Foothills BMW/Triumph! Pleasure doing business with you... as always.

Now I just have to think of a name.
    Last edited by salsashark; Tue Apr 15th, 2008 at 08:49 PM.

w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Well how's this for a "Smile on my face" closure.

Picked up my new 07 Roulette Green Triumph Speed III this afternoon.

Thank you Foothills BMW/Triumph! Pleasure doing business with you... as always.

Whoo Hoo, Yea Daddy!!! Okay, now go lay on YOUR bed and look at the tat of Astley on YOUR ass in YOUR ceiling mirrors and sing a great song to yourself!!!

I'm so excited for you. Pics, pics, pics!!! Do eet!
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Or go out to your garage and pull the exhaust

Triumph Speed Triple exhaust with no muffler
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

She's SEXAYYYYY Salsa ! ... nice ride home btw...
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Quote Originally Posted by 64BonneLass View Post
    Whoo Hoo, Yea Daddy!!! Okay, now go lay on YOUR bed and look at the tat of Astley on YOUR ass in YOUR ceiling mirrors and sing a great song to yourself!!!

I'm so excited for you. Pics, pics, pics!!! Do eet!
    But those mirrors are on your ceiling... oh wait... I'll be right over!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Or go out to your garage and pull the exhaust

Triumph Speed Triple exhaust with no muffler
    I was afraid of getting Roll'd, but I clicked on it anyways... did that w/ my 919. That guy was a wuss. Get on it and ride around the neighborhood!

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    She's SEXAYYYYY Salsa ! ... nice ride home btw...
    hehe... yeah that was fun! forgot how good yer bike sounds!

Resident Hater Site Admin Canuck's Avatar

Yes. The Trumpet rocks and is MUCH better than the Buell/Harley yank tank that you were going after.
    RIP Gene. You are a good friend that will be missed. I'm Gene Bazyl Bitch!!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

... he he
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

That Triumph looks mean!!

(one of those would look good in my garage some day)

Congratulations

That's dayam hot!
    Eric in Highlands Ranch
    '00 SV650 noisy lil bitch
    -----
    CSC Quotes worth repeating:
    Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Yeah, it could be nothing, or you could die in a fire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysco View Post
    The best fix is to ride more.

I guess its a good think the Buell deal went south, cause IMO you ended up with a better bike in the end. And in the best color too! Cograts dood!

I could be biased though...
    My name is Karl, ich bin expert

Resident Hater Site Admin Canuck's Avatar

Holy shit! A post from Dave.
    RIP Gene. You are a good friend that will be missed. I'm Gene Bazyl Bitch!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    I guess its a good think the Buell deal went south, cause IMO you ended up with a better bike in the end. And in the best color too! Cograts dood!

I could be biased though...

Sully told me you were rolling one as well... is that a pic of yours? It's not biased if you're right!

Yeah, that's mine on its first ride. It's like riding a motord w/ 100hp and a real hoot!

It's taken a little getting used to and the front suspension is the crap. The 675 engine is definitely the highlight along with the 365lb weight. It pulls out of 30mph corners in 4th gear no problem and above 8k rpm it pulls like a mofo.

I'm looking at swapping out the fork internals for OEM GSXR units or something of the like and I've already got a Daytona shock fitted. A Zard 3-1 is on order also. I'll post some pics of the progress.

BTW, I was thinking about "SNOTTY" as a custom plate for mine.

Enjoy that 'sensible' British machine, it sure is sexy!!
    My name is Karl, ich bin expert

That bike looks hot! Love the color, nice choice.

Dub, I got some my stock internals from my bike. Duno if those will fit?
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6