Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The #211 Bike is Ready

Member Lifetime Supporter CBRSue's Avatar

Re: The #211 Bike is Ready

Quote Originally Posted by Aracheon View Post
    Well, we're still undecided on a few things.
    Well, with some of you headin' to the track this weekend, I say that's pretty darn cool... it's a great start!!!
    Susan

GL dude. Ill be working Saturdays all year so i wont make it for the novice race : ( but i will be there on sunday. if yer doin both days ill cya around bud. look for the 06zx6 with the really crappy flat black rattle can job : P

VANMAR!!!!
    Bridgestone Tires
    www.fastermotorsports.net
    www.youngbloodracing.com
    www.chicanetrackdays.com

Erik Cromer |MRA #611

Looking great Dirk!!!!!

*edit* duhhhhh.....didnt know about the fall.
    Last edited by Slo; Tue Apr 29th, 2008 at 10:16 AM.

dude! that sucked on sunday : ( I saw it happen. well heard it, then saw the rest. if ya need anythin lemme know, I broke my collar bone also b4. Maybe we can compare fractures!

VANMAR!!!!
    Bridgestone Tires
    www.fastermotorsports.net
    www.youngbloodracing.com
    www.chicanetrackdays.com

Erik Cromer |MRA #611

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cromer611 View Post
    dude! that sucked on sunday : ( I saw it happen. well heard it, then saw the rest. if ya need anythin lemme know, I broke my collar bone also b4. Maybe we can compare fractures!
    Yeah, my ortho doc and I were laughing about it yesterday because it's almost exactly the same break I had last year, just on the other side. Maybe I should volunteer to be the butt of crash jokes now and give Rybo a rest from it. This one is actually going pretty well so far. None of the bad spasms I had with the other one.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

Sorry about the fall down dirk! How long are you out for?
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again

Quote Originally Posted by AshliRider44 View Post
    Sorry about the fall down dirk! How long are you out for?
    If it heals like the other one did, I'll be back for the next races at Pueblo. I'll probably be riding to work after about 5 weeks. I took a class from Ricky Orlando after 3.5 weeks last time but it was still pretty tender. This one has about twice the displacement (about 3cm) between the ends of the bones as the other one so I'm working at it to reduce that so they don't have to do surgery and put a plate on it. Like I said, this one isn't as painful as the other one so maybe that's a good sign. I was really looking forward to the AGTO race too. I was prepared to do everything I could to keep Hoopty from lapping me. I'm sure that would have been an exercise in futility, though.

Dirk

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    If it heals like the other one did, I'll be back for the next races at Pueblo. I'll probably be riding to work after about 5 weeks. I took a class from Ricky Orlando after 3.5 weeks last time but it was still pretty tender. This one has about twice the displacement (about 3cm) between the ends of the bones as the other one so I'm working at it to reduce that so they don't have to do surgery and put a plate on it. Like I said, this one isn't as painful as the other one so maybe that's a good sign. I was really looking forward to the AGTO race too. I was prepared to do everything I could to keep Hoopty from lapping me. I'm sure that would have been an exercise in futility, though.

Dirk
    Bummer!!! Well, at least you're season isn't over
    Yeah that race was freakin' awesome, well except for when he lead the whole damn race and got passed by Ara on the last lap, oh well! It was close and a damn good race! Ara better watch out in Hastings
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again

well you and me both dirk, sorry to hear about the wreck. which corner was it. on friday night i ended up breaking my knee. i have been waiting for the swelling to go down before i go to the doctor but im not sure if ill go. its my bad knee that has no cartillage so this this has happened before but it was extremely depressing not being able to race on sat and sun. i hope i can make the track day on may 11
    Knee2Ground Racing

Dirk,

It was good to see you and the team out there. It won't be long before your back at it again. Hope it heals quick.
    Sheila Paul
    Instructor - Texas Tornado Boot Camp
    Race Official - MotoAmerica

Quote Originally Posted by AshliRider44 View Post
    Yeah that race was freakin' awesome, well except for when he lead the whole damn race and got passed by Ara on the last lap, oh well!
    Hey, I know all about getting passed by Ara. He went by me going into 7 and I thought I had forgotten to take the kickstand off and parked the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by firefghtr View Post
    well you and me both dirk, sorry to hear about the wreck. which corner was it.
    It was 10, coming around to grid. I was bummed when I got your text about your knee. Really looking forward to seeing you out there man!

Quote Originally Posted by 1ofTheBoys View Post
    Dirk,

It was good to see you and the team out there. It won't be long before your back at it again. Hope it heals quick.
    Thanks Sheila. It was fun pitting near you and watching you do some awesome riding out there.

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson