Thread: Quote from Mladin on Cycle News

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote from Mladin on Cycle News

What impressions can you give us about your chats with the new DMG group, which recently purchased the AMA? Do you have any thoughts on that?
    MM: I really don't. I've really made no comments about it. Do I like what I see when it comes to their class structure and the way they want to completely change everything as far as the type of bikes they'll be racing? No, I don't really like what I see there. I'm contracted with Suzuki and Suzuki will keep me up to date with what's going on. Whatever Suzuki wants to do, then I'm contracted with those guys through the end of 2009, and we will put our best foot forward with whatever Suzuki wants to do and try and win whatever we're doing.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Yup, I think DMG running things is gonna suck.......bummer. Well, at least it'll free up some more spare time on Sundays....
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Re: Quote from Mladin on Cycle News

DMG was on Wind Tunnel the other night and presented a pretty good side. It levels the competition, hence why the "Suzuki Show" isn't happy.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    DMG was on Wind Tunnel the other night and presented a pretty good side. It levels the competition, hence why the "Suzuki Show" isn't happy.
    The rules are the same for everyone, if they can't run with the big dogs, they should stay on the porch! It ain't just the Suzuki show, Mladin and Spies are clearly head and shoulders above the rest, as evidenced by Tommy-Gun's placings. To even things out for the riders, perhaps NASCRAP will remove fingers from those that win too much?

I was hoping the NASCRAP group would simply promote the AMA and it's races and leave the rules/classes mostly alone, but I guess they're trying to turn it into the "Bike of Tomorrow". Sad. Like I said, if they f#ck this up like AMA has already f#cked the 200 up by turning it into a "minibike" race, thay've lost a long-time (almost 30 years) would-have-been fan for life.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Mladin and Spies will probably be gone from AMA racing in a year or two. If you look at the results without them, it's a very level field. DMG doesn't need to change anything.

In the meantime, I'm all over the intensity and talent they bring to every race. It is incredible.

I agree that the AMA screwed up the 200. It should be about the superbikes.
    Last edited by kixx; Fri May 9th, 2008 at 08:00 AM.

I disagree. I think it is way too dangerous to run 1000cc superbikes on the high banking at daytona.

I am however, let down by nascars new class structure for the ama. Its completely retarded for the 600's to be the premiere class when the 1000's will have better lap times. (or should)
    5280 Supermoto #117
    Skull Candy, FMF Intl, Dragon, Epic Motosports, Michelin, Ogio

Colorado Supermoto Video

I think DMG is going to f*ck things up royally! The best part about bike racing is that the bikes are based off of production units. Now look at NASCAR, sure, they call the cars by their "street" names but there is nothing about those cars that can be traced down to their respective production machines.

I am curious to see what will happen in the coming years...

Now if DMG wanted to start a flat tracking series... They may do well with that as they are used to running left turns!