Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Dealin wit tha Police!

Re: Dealin wit tha Police!

Okay, this has been eating at me for a long time. I am older, I am a retired Fed, I am a disabled veteran from the '70's. I say all that so you know I am average looking older guy who doesn't have a 'tude. I was taught to respect and trust police.
    Have you seen the video of the Iraq vet in CA getting shot while on his ass and begging for his life because he was a PASSENGER in a speeding car....six or more cops kicking and hitting a SUSPECT in PA....5 people in Greeley involved in a MURDER, the only one that wasn't a cop or working for the PD was the victim! I have been pulled over for 10 mph over the speed limit while passing and both times the cop screamed at me before I even said anything, I didn't run, pulled over at once, had ALL my paperwork. I rarely speed, even on the Ninja. The so-called investigation these LEO's did was horrible and they treated me with contempt and poor manners. Once my wife and kids were in the car and the CSP made rude comments about THEM. My kids were 10 and 8 at the time. How do I explain that? Now, whenever I see a cop I either pull over and wait for them to clear the area or slow WAY down, just in case. I am contemplating if I ever get pulled over again, I will call 911 for backup before I get shot or beaten! FWIW, all the Larimer Sherif Deputies I have met were awesome and professional. The CSP is horrible, condesending, not willing to listen, arguementative and rude, they scare me!

The other day some asshole runs me to the centerline in a passing zone, I am doing 60 in a 55-GPS verified, and then brake checks me hard. The cage did it on purpose, acknowledged by the deputy. I lose my temper and blast by the guy and get pulled over by the un-marked car that saw the whole thing. A verbal warning, okay, but what about the guy that tried to kill me? The deputy saw it and acknowleged it happened. BTW, I was slowing back to the speed limit, also acknowleged by the deputy, when he caught me.
    Don't even get me started on the CSP who gave my friend a ticket in a blizzard, because he was UNWILLING to look for her proof of insurance or take her to her stranded truck. But he was WILLING to let her and her 5 kids walk 1 and 1/2 miles in the blizzard as he DIDN'T find her POI and then passed her and her 5 kids again and waited for her to walk to the store he stopped at! As I stood there he told her he had to give her a ticket even though he was sure she had it and it was in her truck where she said it was, but he couldn't get the drivers side door open and didn't want to use the passenger door.
    Oh wait, I guess I am just making this shit up to make myself look better.....

I'm guessing there's a comment or question somewhere in your gripe? I notice you pretty much copied the post you made over a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    See, I was willing to just say my peace and let it lie, but now I feel like I'm being forced to respond:

First off, this whole BS "you aren't a racer, apparently... I guess they ride so f'in good they don't need to be proactive" and your "everybody should sign up for this guy's class because..." is all bullshit. One, all you're doing is creating a straw man argument. Two, they're deflection techniques to try to take the focus off of you. Three, not once did I ever say anything close to what you describe, such as there's no need to be proactive and I'm the best coach in the world. Rather than have a discussion, you got pissy and responded with BS.

Now, onto the matter at hand, which is your citation. You don't like to be boxed in, and I get that. I don't either! The problem I have, as I've said all along, is that your first description is simple: "doing about 62 in a 55" "cage in front of me doing that semi swerve cellphone action" "behind me they are closing me in". As I pointed out, it all seems like a normal day in Colorado. Now when you describe it a second time, the car in front of you is going lane to lane and the cars behind you are literally 3' off your bumper. Lane to lane or line to line, however you described it, is not a "semi weave". The lanes on the interstate are 12'6", so that's a full-on weave if they're going from center line to shoulder. Instead, you use the minimizing word "semi" to describe it.

When you're talking about the cars behind you, you say they're closing you in at first. Then the second time you describe it, you're saying that they're literally "3 ft behind me riding my ass like a fucking horse". There's a huge difference between someone who is closing me in and someone who is right on top of me. I find it hard to believe they were anywhere close to you. Why? Because if they were as close to you as you described, you would have said so during your first post where you were trying to defend your actions. Pointing out that someone posed a clear and present threat makes your actions more understandable. Instead, you initially simply described them as "closing you in". If someone is right on my ass, the very first time I describe their actions, I'm saying they're RIGHT ON MY ASS!!! I'm not saying, "They were closing me in". Human nature tends to paint ourselves in the best possible light and when we try to defend actions or response to a certain situation, we try to maximize others' actions that caused us to react a certain way and minimize our own actions during the event. In this case, you don't maximize their actions (weaving, following too closely, etc.) until the second time you describe it! If it really happened the way you described it in your response to me, you would've described it that way the first time.

As to your Daddy's teachings: I don't care how much time, training, or experience your daddy has when the subject is you. Your dad may be or may have been a helluva rider, but for all I know, he could have been a terrible teacher. Frankly, I don't know. There are plenty of people who know astral physics and can't teach a math class to first-graders, and there are plenty of guys who can ride their asses off but couldn't teach someone how to even throw a leg over the bike. You describing your father's experience doesn't mean crap when it comes to YOUR experience. That's like me saying, "Hey, Valentino Rossi is my best friend!" He's arguably the best rider in the world, but that doesn't mean I know how to ride worth a damn. You want to beat your chest about his 41 years of experience and your 12 years of this and 19 years of that? It doesn't impress anyone on here and it doesn't come anywhere close to telling us about your abilities! Like I've already said, I know people who say they have 15-years of experience, but all that means is they've ridden for 15 years. When you look at the time they've spent in the saddle, you would find that they log as many miles in one year as some people clock on a weekend! They talk about their years, but in reality, they're as experienced as most rookie riders. If they had said they logged 15K miles last year, that would quantify their experience. If they'd said they took an MSF rider course or went through Levels I and II of Keith Code's school, that would give an idea as to their abilities. Instead, all you said was "I've got 12 years of this and 19 years of that and my daddy has 41 years" Each of us on here has probably ridden with someone who has described their experience the same way you did, but when it comes time to ride, they can't ride very well at all. All your bragging about your years of crash-free and ticket-free riding is an attempt to make yourself a better rider than you really are. It's no different than the guy that gets stopped for speeding and the his argument isn't that he wasn't speeding, it's that he hasn't gotten a ticket in twenty years. As every single person on here will tell you, and you would probably admit it too (not to me, but probably to yourself), just because you've had ten years of ticket-free riding doesn't make you a good or even a safe rider. It simply means you haven't been caught or ticketed. The average drunk driver has driven intoxicated at least ten times before they get their first DUI. Now think about how many times you've sped and never been caught. Want to rethink your "my 12 years of blah blah blah experience" line again?

FZRguy, to answer your question, yes, I'm a ten year cop. I've been a motor officer in the past, but I always make it a point to be a little more lenient to fellow riders, as long as they were cooperative and courteous. Since I ride, I understand the challenges and dangers we face, which is why I could understand someone not wanting to get boxed in. The main issue I have, aside from everything I've described, is the whole "fucking law up my ass, fucking cops enforce blah blah blah, I wasn't the fastest one on the highway" bullshit. People carry this attitude with them and they wonder why they get tickets all the time... but it's always the cop's fault.

So, with that all said, flame away.
    DOOD... congratulations... you are a cop... you are just like a cop... you win, cop, because you cops always win... can't argue with a cop because the cops are infallible, can't beat a cop because they are members of the biggest gang out there... once again, officer, congratulations

you're right, i'm wrong...
    you're handsome, i'm ugly...
    you're smart, i'm stupid...
    you smell good, i stink...
    your bike is nice, mine sucks...
    your odometer reads 9 million, mine only 12...
    you win every race, i don't even race...
    you know everything, i can't even read
    Last edited by whitebrad; Wed Jul 1st, 2009 at 02:39 AM.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LiQuIdAiR=OTB= View Post
    my ultimate goal, which now won't be met because I'm voicing it, is to see if even police officers believe in what they do. And if not, then why do they play a role? When the hell do we stand up for ourselves?

It's kinda funny, at my job I ran into a similar situation. We were having problems with one of the co-owners that was basically bringing the company down. Everyone knew it. Everyone hated coming to work because of this person. Even the other owners knew they had to do something. I asked a manager why he didn't stand up for himself and make a difference. And why we didn't do the same. And I received the same answer you said, "it's not going to change a thing".

Well, thankfully they did something about it but that's besides the point. The idea from all this is that we at a very basic level stop giving a shit about our lives. And now all we do is complain. We blame! We make matters worse because we insist on making matters worse because we're anger. And, we want (in this case) police to know it.

It's insanity. By definition.
    This in today's paper. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's Boulder, Colorado I know. Liberal bastion of immoral communists ---- but I cannot help but believe that this is more of a majority opinion about fucking cops and not tied to geographical location:

What about
    actual crime?
    Today I observed three sheriff police cars and five police officers watching one stop sign at the fork of Lefthand Canyon and James Canyon. My neighborhood has had two robberies in a two year period. I requested more of a police presence but was told that the county doesn't have the personnel to be patrolling my rural neighborhood.
    Apparently they do have the personnel to catch some poor biker who failed to come to a complete stop and put his foot down, a misdemeanor versus a potential robbery, a felony. This is all because a few lazy drivers can't expend the energy to move their foot from the gas to the brake or the patience to wait for an opportune time to pass a few outlaw bikers.
    Their are plenty of jerks on both sides of the argument but where are our priorities when so much of the county's energies are expended watching stop sign offenders. I would venture to say that if the police watched any stop sign in the county they could pull over violators.
    Why, just because some whining car drivers are too lazy or impatient to slow down does the county have to expend so much man power?
    I want those three cars and five officers in my neighborhood protecting me not spending the day sitting, waiting for the next stop sign violator. My tax dollars are being wasted with these misplaced priorities.
    JEFF DREYFUSS
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

The main idea I gather from you CaneZach is that the system is built to handle situations as they occur. The police have or want the motivation to get out and do some real work but, it's always controlled and decided for them. I guess this is quiet common. This is life. We grow up expecting to change the world. Make a difference. We realize that we only become part of a much greater slotter. We all follow. The leaders make examples and we react with fear. They tell us we are in a better place because of their protection. Most is true. I'm not saying what you do as a police officer is futile. I would be ignorant to have skipped over those paragraphs of your own writing that describe your valor. Nevertheless, the approach is wrong. Countless examples of police saying what they do makes streets safe, to me, sounds like someone elses words.

This problem is not simply because people are mad at getting tickets and want to speed. It's because people vote others in office and put them in power to make decisions that are sound and helpful. Instead, we get mis-treated. Taken advantage of. And worse of all, we never learn our lesson. Police walk the beat every day, do they see change in what they do? Can they, you, feel and say you made a difference today? If the system is broken, if the system is do only after it is done to us. Then why participate? Because we are taught to watch out for our own. Our families. Me first. Then, you. But, wait. This is the very reason why most of us keep our boring dead end jobs. This is why we never excel (not microsoft excel, just kidding).

I appreciate your honesty and your throughness. You spent a great deal of time writing to us. But, I feel because of all that detail you provided we could easily get lost in how hard of a job you have. Rather, I think we should focus on the fact that things aren't working and we should be more focused on how we can fix them.

Your description of your job sounds very much like the one we all have to deal with. Of course, there are huge differences that we can barely relate too. If you struggle (your commanding officers) at protection us, then how can they report drops in crime or drugs? How can they play the media and ultimately us? If the system is designed to only catch people after, then we have already lost. Yes, I know. There is a big difference between patrolling the streets for would be thieves and drug lords. But when will this change?

When will the broken system fix to teach a new born that crime is bad. Drugs have mostly negative affects on peoples lives and those they love. Being dishonest is not acceptable. We currently have no such system. Our public schools are failling and are being over run with drugs and sex and crime. We now have police officers that stand guard at middle schools. Probably even elementry schools.

Anyways, the problem is much great than us simply wanting the speed limit increased or forgotten. Just give us some breathing room. We are quiet capable at making sound decisions at whether our speed is beyond our control. If we are only putting ourselves in danger and if we have the necessary insurance to cover damages incurred from accidents then so be it. You are not protecting us against others or ourselves. You are incurring a rage deep inside the minds of youth.

We have little outlet to release our daily pressures (don't make jokes).

Both sides are trying to do their best but one is failing the hearts and minds of the greater population.
    01000011 00111101 00101000 01010000 00100000 01111000 00100000 01101011 00110001 00100000 00100000 00100000 01101011 00110010 00101001 01101101 01101111 01100100 00100000 00110010 00110110 00001101 00001010 01010000 00111101 00101000 00101000 01000011 00100000 00101101 00100000 01101011 00110010 00101001 00100000 01111000 00100000 00101101 01101011 00110001 00101001 01101101 01101111 01100100 00110010 00110110

Like lawyers, everybody hates the police.

Until they need them...then they can't get there quick enough.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    08 KTM Super Duke Rtard

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Like lawyers, everybody hates the police.

Until they need them...then they can't get there quick enough.

They serve a purpose. Of course. Their reason for being is not at stake here. It's their focus.
    01000011 00111101 00101000 01010000 00100000 01111000 00100000 01101011 00110001 00100000 00100000 00100000 01101011 00110010 00101001 01101101 01101111 01100100 00100000 00110010 00110110 00001101 00001010 01010000 00111101 00101000 00101000 01000011 00100000 00101101 00100000 01101011 00110010 00101001 00100000 01111000 00100000 00101101 01101011 00110001 00101001 01101101 01101111 01100100 00110010 00110110

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

They don't serve a purpose -- they fill a void. Their misdirected focus is reason enough to justify budgetary cuts in their 'being'. And not only are youthful minds being incensed and infuriated with rage due to their indiscriminate actions --- this old fart can't wait until the ax falls on the CSP and other municipality LEA budgets.

Quote Originally Posted by LiQuIdAiR=OTB= View Post
    They serve a purpose. Of course. Their reason for being is not at stake here. It's their focus.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by whitebrad View Post
    DOOD... congratulations... you are a cop... you are just like a cop... you win, cop, because you cops always win... can't argue with a cop because the cops are infallible, can't beat a cop because they are members of the biggest gang out there... once again, officer, congratulations

you're right, i'm wrong...
    you're handsome, i'm ugly...
    you're smart, i'm stupid...
    you smell good, i stink...
    your bike is nice, mine sucks...
    your odometer reads 9 million, mine only 12...
    you win every race, i don't even race...
    you know everything, i can't even read
    Basically you lose because you are typing and acting like a douchebag. He actually made a lot of sense in his post, cop or no cop, he made alot of sense. You on the other hand? Nah.

well, i could go through it all line by line, but that would imply i give a fuck anymore...

i have learned not to debate people on forums... how can i debate when my counterpart knows what i mean more than i do?

i lose!

thanks though!

a douche even!
    Last edited by whitebrad; Wed Jul 1st, 2009 at 02:56 PM.

EZ yall. We're all friends here, even if we get on each other's nerves from time to time.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    08 KTM Super Duke Rtard

nah, man, it's cool... i'm not even tripping...
    i learned a great lesson...

man, i am tired of this 1/4" chicken strip! gotta get some pants with some pucks... stupid limited resources...
    Last edited by whitebrad; Thu Jul 2nd, 2009 at 08:48 AM.