Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who put the voodoo curse on me? Nice little high-side today

Re: who put the voodoo curse on me? Nice little high-side today

Damn Jay, sorry to hear that. Maybe it is just siphoning off the bad luck before you hit the track for real. And add me to the "I was considering going out" crowd. I got pulled into house work moving furniture from upstairs to downstairs and downstairs to upstairs.

Good luck.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Jay,
    Sorry to hear about your high side sir.
    You're batting a thousand. Got to turn around soon....Right??
    Let me know if you need help with anything. Trailer and transponder are ready when you are. Hope it all goes well for you in Hastings.
    I'll be pulling for you guys.
    Talk to you soon.
    -Doug
    Doug Labout Sr.
    Semper Fi
    MRA Novice #379
    Low Vagueness racing

Damn JAY! You too?
    Read my other thread about my hiside at Pueblo? Warm up, am practice, tire warmers, check..just gave it too much throttle in my normal area and BOOM!
    on my back, tumbling.
    Turn 2 , right side of my bike gone. Got a nice perspective of turn 2 from the gravel(and a nice ride back on the crash truck). Corner workers were awesome. Couldnt race the endurance. Threw the Shoei away. New excuse for leathers, huh?
    are you sore as fuck today or what? Even my abs hurt ( maybe from laughing..I got my first crash in 10 years outta the way).
    Call or stop in !
    Dave, Colorado Powersports

Yeah, I definitely need to stop in and talk with you.... haha

Yeah I'm pretty sore but still getting around, neck is stiff since I hit fore-head first into the asphault. Hip has a nice foot long bruise now, hell, looks more like a severe burn or something.

You gonna make it to Hastings?

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty sore but still getting around, neck is stiff since I hit fore-head first into the asphault. Hip has a nice foot long bruise now, hell, looks more like a severe burn or something.
    Since the broken collarbone was the star of my get-off, I didn't mention that I had a bruise on the outside of my left leg from my hip to my knee. Pretty nasty looking at peak color.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

And I'm b*tching about the pain from standing up with my little bruise. Dirk you really know how to make me feel like a manly man hahahahaha....

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    And I'm b*tching about the pain from standing up with my little bruise. Dirk you really know how to make me feel like a manly man hahahahaha....

Dirk isn't your typical astrophysicist...he's a tough son-of-a-gun. Right after it happened, it looked like he was just chilling, waiting for the next race to start.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Member Lifetime Supporter CBRSue's Avatar

Hey, Jay,

Sorry to hear of the string of not-so-pleasant happenings... and if all those obstacles aren't stoppin' ya, then it's a sure sign that you will be kickin' some serious ass this racing season!
    Susan

Hey Slo, I hear you buddy. I high-sided at Pueblo on Sunday coming out of turn 7. My entire upper back is one gigantic bruise. And i have a mid-back bruise matching the pattern of my back protector. haha. very slow moving. hope to be back out on the memorial day track day.

Suprisingly, and luckily, my bike only suffered cosmetic damage. go frame sliders, bar end sliders and honda body work grinding down and not shattering into millions of pieces! So she's got some battle scars, fuck it!

Bad part is, hit my head so i gotta buy a new helmet and ripped a hole in my boots, gotta buy new boots.

I feel for you slo. Good luck at hastings! wish i could afford to race this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CBRSue View Post
    Hey, Jay,

Sorry to hear of the string of not-so-pleasant happenings... and if all those obstacles aren't stoppin' ya, then it's a sure sign that you will be kickin' some serious ass this racing season!
    Haha or the track will seriously kick my ass......

Quote Originally Posted by cjmagnuss View Post
    Hey Slo, I hear you buddy. I high-sided at Pueblo on Sunday coming out of turn 7. My entire upper back is one gigantic bruise. And i have a mid-back bruise matching the pattern of my back protector. haha. very slow moving. hope to be back out on the memorial day track day.

Suprisingly, and luckily, my bike only suffered cosmetic damage. go frame sliders, bar end sliders and honda body work grinding down and not shattering into millions of pieces! So she's got some battle scars, fuck it!

Bad part is, hit my head so i gotta buy a new helmet and ripped a hole in my boots, gotta buy new boots.

I feel for you slo. Good luck at hastings! wish i could afford to race this year.
    Damn, so it sounds like I got the light end..... Yeah I hear you on the helmet part, luckily someone I know is donating me a helmet or else I would be on more of a noodle diet. Thanks...