View Poll Results: Which Saturday Should it be?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sat the 7th of June!

3 27.27%
  • Sat the 14th of June!

6 54.55%
  • I don't care as long as the Beer is Cold!

2 18.18%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denver Area Wrenching party.... VOTE NOW! [Edit}

Denver Area Wrenching party.... VOTE NOW! [Edit}

I put a 6 inch lift, locker/gears and 35 inch tires on a buddies Explorer yesterday and it got me thinking. Seems like I am always helping out at wrenching parties that we Fourwheelers are having. So...why not a bike wrenching party? The combined knowledge/hands of fellow enthusiasts make the work so much easier than doing it alone. So I would like to invite you to a wrenching party at my house on sat June 7th. I am putting on new sprockets/chain, new forkseals and possibly valves if I can find someone with th right wrenches. Starts at 9am, free beer and BBQ for all wrenchers. I love mechanical stuff so if you need a hand or have one to lend swing by!

I'll send out directions to all interested parties the thursday prior to the date of wrench.

303-870-8153
    HIX

[you] and I killed a six pack just to watch it die!

Great idea, but ... you should make it the following weekend. A lot of us will be at the AMA races on the 31st...

I'm happy to help out where I can and bring tools to the party, provided they all end up back in my posession at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Great idea, but ... you should make it the following weekend. A lot of us will be at the AMA races on the 31st...

I'm happy to help out where I can and bring tools to the party, provided they all end up back in my posession at the end of the day.
    Ahhh...Forgot about the AMA thing. I moved the date back a weekend in the interest of greater participation. My garage isn't huge, but I have a decent sized patio and a huge side patio if a bunch show up. Hmmm...maybe I'll throw a shindig that night so I can justify picken up a keg....
    HIX

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    I'd love to join in, but I'll be in Toronto that weekend. If ya pushed it back a weekend though...
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Keep it where it's HIX!! We don't want Hoopty there anyway , just hackin on ya Dave!!!!

Thats a good idea, I would be down! I have a few things that need to be done to the bike anyway!

Loopty
    Yeah, I've got a pair of clip-on's I need to throw on, along with a new set of intake cams.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

This would be perfect considering I just picked up a set of sliders for the R6.

Anyone have experience wih taping the holes into the fairings to do this? I don't want to butcher my plastic. Hopefully someone that knows how to do it will show up.

Mmmmmmmmm, free beer.
    If God told me I was going to die riding a motorcycle, I'd still ride.
    If he told me I was going to die in my sleep, I'd become an insomniac.

'02 YZF-R6

Quote Originally Posted by CSUAdam
    This would be perfect considering I just picked up a set of sliders for the R6.

Anyone have experience wih taping the holes into the fairings to do this? I don't want to butcher my plastic. Hopefully someone that knows how to do it will show up.

Mmmmmmmmm, free beer.

Yes sir, I could help you out with that!!! Just a few hole's with the dremel tool and you will be ready to go!!!

i would like to do new brake pads and i've never done them so i could definetly use the help. and if i have the cash i would also like to throw on some flush mounts and get rid of the license plate holder. Definetly need the help.

Thanks for offering to help Big-J!

I'm also thinking about picking up a set of braided lines to put on the front. But, I'll have to see if my budget can afford it.

'02 YZF-R6

Alright...Here are the tools I have

Chop saw
    Welder
    Various sockets and open end wrenches
    Grinder
    Dremil
    All the piddly crap like pliers, Screw drivers
    Tourqe Wrench
    Impact wrench
    Compression tester

What we could use
    Carb synch tool
    Bike stand
    Small wrenches for valves and such
    What ever other specialized tool you have and might need

I would like to put on Brakes/sprocket/Chain and if time allows synch the carbs, adjust the valves, and put on fork seals...then I would like to win the lottery.

If I don't get a keg I will at least have a few cases of beer and burger/kabobs all around. I say we start early like 9am or so so that we have enough time for the guys that are doing stuff that might require parts hunting. I do live 6 blocks from Excel and not to far away from Vickery and Performance

What do you think?
    HIX

I live at 1520 Jackson Street, Basically right across the street from John Elway Ford.. The zip is 80206 if you are looking to map quest it.

Let me know if you guys would like it on the first sat or the second sat in June.

PH# is

303-870-8153
    HIX

Right on you're not to far from where i live I would like the first sat it's just easier and i want to get this done. I think i do have some small open end and closed end wrenches.

My List of tools

1. Dremel
    2. Hammer
    3. gixxer tool kit
    4. Screw Driver/Philips

glad some body has a decent set of tools!!

Hmm.. this gets me thinking.. I still need to replace my fork seals. I'd much rather get some help with them than pay someone to do them since I'm a pretty well wrenched auto shadetree mechanic. I'd also be interested in watching someone install cams (at least I remember someone mentioning an intake cam).

I believe the forkseal tool I need is size 50mm if I remember correctly.. I'd have to double check. I already have the seals and fork fluid.. perhaps someone could help me with this? Anyone have the tool needed for forkseals (at least this is what the dealer told me)? I will need more guidance than actual wrenching. I could bring a few tools, but I'd be limited to bringing something manageable on the bike. I have some hex bits for socket wrenches, etc.

- Brandon
    2002 Honda CBR600F4i
    2003 VW GTI 1.8T
    1976 Datsun 280Z
    http://devnulled.com
    http://spooled.net

BTW: I should have the right size circular cutting bits to do frame sliders with if you need them.. they create a nice clean hole in plastics for the cutouts. As long as someone has a drill, we're golden.

-b
    2002 Honda CBR600F4i
    2003 VW GTI 1.8T
    1976 Datsun 280Z
    http://devnulled.com
    http://spooled.net

Brandon, you need a 43mm fork seal driver for your F4i. It's super easy to do, but it's helpful to have the service manual to correctly torque everything back together. If you don't get it done at the "wrenching party" I'd be willing to help you do them, but you'd have to come up to Fort Collins.
    Alex
    MRA #68
    http://www.3dstickfight.com/racing/
    Racing Performance Services, Racer Supply Co., Morse Racing Products
    ”Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature nor do the children of humankind as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
    -- Helen Keller

Loopty
    I can make the 2nd weekend of June, the 7-8th is out for me.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

I Would vote for a sun. as some of us working stiffs dont get saturdays off.

If you guys hookup on the 14th, I might come by and lend a hand. I think the guys who are having work done on their bikes should supply the beer for those helping out.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz
    I Would vote for a sun. as some of us working stiffs dont get saturdays off.
    Yeah...but I have to work on Sunday. Let me think about it....leave free beer , the keys to my house, the bike, a canister of propane, 5 guys.. I can't see that turning out good for me!
    HIX

I just voted for the 14th. I keep spacing out that I have to go to my girlfriend's bestfriend's wedding on the 7th. But a Sunday would be an option.

'02 YZF-R6

O.K. I can see so far I'm out voted for the 7th. But come on guys my bike needs some serious work before i can ride it again. I had to drive to work today for the first time in a long time and it sucks Especially when it's so nice out. Technically my bike is my only vehicle, when i can't ride i borrow my girlfriends car. Driving sucks. I want my bike back, let's do this on the 7th i'll even pitch for some good beer Come on, you know you want to.

Bring the bike over to my place on thursday. It'll take us 1hr to seal it up good enough for you to make it to the 14th
    HIX