View Poll Results: With the new Southern meeting spot, do we still need a Northern meeting spot?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 88.89%
  • No

1 11.11%

Thread: Do we still need a Northern meeting spot?

Do we still need a Northern meeting spot?

With the new Southern meeting spot (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...opic.php?t=868), I'm wondering if we still need a Northern meeting spot, or can it be abolished.

What do you think?

I would still like to see something up North for those of us in Westminster, Ft. Collins, Boulder, etc. Bandimere is quite a way to go for a meeting spot. Besides, there are some really nice rides up through Estes, Peak to Peak, and so on.

Dan
    Dan

'00 R1

Living in the north area myself...I'd like to see the north meeting place stay active. Even if only to meet up with other riders!
    Gotta agree w/Dan on the nice rides he's speaking of as well!

Well here's my question: Does anyone use it? All I ever hear is people meeting there and not finding anyone else unless something was decided upon on here.

Perhaps the question should be rephrased:
    "Do we keep the north meeting spot as a 'show up and ride normally' thing, or keep it for pre-planned rides where you know to go there in advance?"

Just tossing it out there.

I guess I misunderstood the original intent. I think it would be best to be pre-arranged here. Not sure a "standing" ride would get enough people all the time to make it worth while. But we could establish a standard location, then coordinate if a Northern ride is on for a particular day as interest dictates.

Dan
    Dan

'00 R1

hehe....100% vote for keeping the northern meeting spot open. for the people that doesn't use the northern meeting spot, they won't bother to vote
    i agree with rforsythe that keep it open as "pre-planned" ride meeting spot. i personally think there "better" and more accesible rides up north. of course i am biased. :P

If nobody is using the northern meeting spot for regular rides, then keeping the spot for pre-planned rides is a better .
    I'm just up for some riding!!!

Keep it!

It's 44 boring miles for me to get to the southern meeting point. and then 44 boring, traffic clogged miles back.

I went to the Southern meeting point this past Saturday and there was only one other rider. GXRJARHEAD and I tore it up, but it would have been nice if there were more riders. It's only 15 miles to the northern canyons from my house . ...I rather ride the twistes slow with the wife than spend an hour + just commuting.

Keep the northern meeting point and I'll be happy to help coordinate weekly rides from there. If you are a northern end rider let me know so we can plan weekly rides and start emailing.
    2003 Triumph E85 Ethanol Powered

Board Newbie
    Yes, I support the northern meeting point. I live in Mead (near Longmont) and there are a *lot* of great rides accessible from that spot, perhaps even more then southern location :-)

Artnshel
    I just joined and would like a Northern spot close to mountain roads too.

Board Newbie
    I am defiently for it also just need a few repairs and Iam there