Thread: Weekend Trip

Weekend Trip

Well, thanks for the advice when I asked. Friday night my wife and I went to the Jewel/John Legend concert (company donates to Concerts for Kids and gets tickets every year), had dinner at the VIP tent, and watched the concert. Jewel was great, sang without any band, her and her guitar. John Legend, well, we made it through 2 songs... Saturday morning my wife (on her FZ750) and I and a couple friends (Harley with her on the back) took off, headed through Denver, 285 south down to Buena Vista. South Park was windy (when isn't it), but pretty good ride. Had lunch, then headed north, over Independence pass. Beautiful ride. Not as spirited as my wife and I would like, but good. Can't believe how much snow there is on top! People still snowmobiling, maybe I shouldn't have summerized mine yet... Some sand and snowmelt on the road, but not bad. One spot with 2-4 inches of water running across the road that wasn't so nice... Had dinner in Glenwood, my wife and Mackenzie got Chocolate Bliss Wraps at Yampah Caves, Darin and I hung out in the caves a while, then went and got a couple beers, then we all went and hung out in the hotel hot tub.

Yesterday morning we hiked up to Hanging Lake (wow! Worth the hike, but do it early, trail was empty heading up, packed coming down) and hauled back on I70 to get home. Vail Pass was COLD, I70 is rough, potholes, not much fun, but needed to get home. Good ride, and thanks for the tip on Yampah!

Re: Weekend Trip

Wow, that's still a lot of snow for June! Great trip!-Clovis
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"