June 4th 2008

News Update from JRP Regarding Miller Motorsports Park Crash

It is with great regret to tell you that I will not be able to attend the June 6-8 Road America AMA-PRO Superbike Event in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. For those who do not know, this past weekend I crashed during the Saturday Superstock race at MillerMotorsportsPark in Tooele, Utah, and sustained several injuries. I ground off my pinky tip from the entire base of the nail down to the bone, along with hurting my shoulder, and bruised ribs.
I managed to pick my bike back up and finish the race, and the medical staff numbed my finger so I could race in the Sundays Superbike race.
The Doctor has advised me that I am very susceptible to getting an infection based on the severity of the injury, and could face amputating my finger if in fact my bone caught an infection. I apologize to my fans who were excited to see me and I want you all to know that the disappointment is mutual. I can’t bear the thought of not being able to play my 1897 Pfab cello due to my eagerness to race. If anyone finds the remains of my finger at the track please send it to me this is the first time we’ve been separated Ha Ha!
I look forward to healing and racing during the Laguna Seca round. In addition, as a final note, I would like to thank the medical staff at MillerMotorsportsPark for being incredible with all their medical help and getting me fixed up.
Sincerely, Johnny Rock Page #269

OMG! He can't play his cello anymore! But he joins the likes of Bayliss and Roger Hayden.