Thread: No thanks Stunter!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: No thanks Stunter!

We ask cagers to hang up their phones, put down their sandwich and take driving in traffic seriously. Soliciting responsible, attentive driving of a motorcycle in town traffic is rediculous!

Re: No thanks Stunter!

Quote Originally Posted by Rednarb View Post
    People take their riding and their driving very personally. Though I agree with you that this guy is an asshat and contributing to "the bad name" of the sportbike rider, I doubt there is anything you can say to convince him to act any other way. Hell, if he's already willing to risk his life to do it, what more can you do?
    I never called him an "asshat" for all I know he is the greatest guy around. I just don't think that the two actions were very well thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by jplracing View Post
    Pilot - your kidding right?

Really, who the hell are you to impose your sense of safe riding on anyone.

If you don't chose to associate with that then don't,but it really isn't your place to tell someone else to do.

The sad fact is that your "sponsered rider from 2007" has been know to pull some similar moves around noob riders..."talk" with him!
    Who the "hell" am I? Nice. No, I'm not kidding. Like it or not. I didn't "tell" him what to do. I was just pointing out what he did and said that "I" don't think it was in the best interest. You're speaking of something that I really don't know about. Perhaps you should bring that up to him yourself. I'm sure he'd be willing to have a conversation if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    Nor has Pilot shown safe riding habits in the past.....reminds me of Jim Brown "do as I say, not as I do."
    David, you've had plenty of chances to mention to this to me before. If you have a specific concern, I'm available to talk--regards, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO View Post
    So I have to ask myself, a person who enjoys "brisk" rides through the canyons; how would I feel if a bunch of "people" say, responsible (in their minds) motorists decided to get together and "confront" me about my "dangerous" behavior while riding up (enter favorite canyon here)? An event that they happened to have some pictures of, with me leaned WAY over, obviously exceeding the speed limit by a good amount. What if in this picture my butt was centered on the seat and they told me in addition to being irresponsible and painting a "bad image" for motorcyclists everywhere that my body position sucked, and that I should get some lessons while I was at it. How receptive to this would I be? I'm guessing not very.

Why?

Well, because I believe that I'm taking a calculated risk. That I've made myself aware of the potential dangers to myself and others and that I've factored that into my decision to ride in a certain way. Is it illegal? Yes, I speed. Is it dangerous? sure, more risk than traveling at the speed limit for sure. Is it irresponsible? I don't believe so, but that is merely my opinion.

My point is this...wanna change the world? Good, I applaud that effort, but we have to start by cleaning our own houses first. Until we are all ready to give up behaviors that others might see as reckless and dangerous we cannot call out others on their behaviors that seem reckless and dangerous to us.
    Well thought out. Reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by dragos13 View Post
    Atleast he's wearing a helmet......
    A good quality one, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    Your not going to be able to tell anyone "how to ride". You can only choose who you ride with, depending on what style/pace suit your own.

Just remember there are cagers/people out there that think a bike period is a bad image, and completely unsafe no matter what we do......
    Just looking at sitting down and talking about what works and what doesn't--specifically, doing stunts on crowded roads.

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    Well put Scott! I don't remember everyone calling out Pilot and criticizing him when he hit a tree last year.
    Come on Jim, not "everyone" but several-- I got hit not only on this forum, but several others about that one. Besides, I was trying to not crash into another rider that had lost control in front of me. I chose to go into the trees instead of him. For details, dig up the old two page description.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_blue View Post
    We ask cagers to hang up their phones, put down their sandwich and take driving in traffic seriously. Soliciting responsible, attentive driving of a motorcycle in town traffic is rediculous!
    LOL. And to think, I was thinking about standing on the seat going down University--I said thinking....
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler